Samuel L. Jackson Calls Out Clarence Thomas

JAB

Jun 26, 2022, 8:36:55 PM6/26/22
Samuel L. Jackson Calls Out Clarence Thomas for Leaving Interracial
Marriage Off List of Targets

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas released a concurring opinion
that SCOTUS should reconsider the cases that legalized birth control,
sodomy and same-sex marriage

Samuel L. Jackson is weighing in on the fallout around the Supreme
Court's latest ruling.

The Academy Award honoree, 73, called out Justice Clarence Thomas'
after Thomas suggested the court should reconsider other key
decisions, including the 2015 case establishing the right to same-sex
marriage, following the SCOTUS decision to overturn 1973's Roe v. Wade
and the constitutional right to abortion.

"How's Uncle Clarence feeling about Overturning Loving v Virginia??!!"
Jackson wrote Friday on Twitter, referring to the landmark 1967 ruling
that found interracial marriage bans unconstitutional. Justice Thomas,
74, a Black man, has been married to wife Virginia Thomas, a white
woman, since 1987.

https://people.com/movies/samuel-l-jackson-calls-out-clarence-thomas-leaving-interracial-marriage-off-list-targets/

JAB

Jun 27, 2022, 5:57:55 AM6/27/22
On Sun, 26 Jun 2022 18:36:52 -0600, JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

>Uncle Clarence

Definition of Uncle Tom

1 disparaging : a Black person who is overeager to win the approval of
whites (as by obsequious behavior or uncritical acceptance of white
values and goals)

Retrograde

Jul 3, 2022, 12:08:05 PM7/3/22
On 2022-06-27, JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:
> "How's Uncle Clarence feeling about Overturning Loving v Virginia??!!"
> Jackson wrote Friday on Twitter, referring to the landmark 1967 ruling
> that found interracial marriage bans unconstitutional. Justice Thomas,
> 74, a Black man, has been married to wife Virginia Thomas, a white
> woman, since 1987.

That's a pretty awesome burn.

Public opinion of SCOTUS is at an all time low.

Well, nominate a bunch of conservatives, get conservative law. Shame
Congress can't get around to accomplishing anything anymore.

JAB

Jul 3, 2022, 1:03:40 PM7/3/22
On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 16:43:53 +0100, Retrograde
<fun...@amongus.com.invalid> wrote:

>Shame Congress can't get around to
>accomplishing anything anymore.

If only "We the Idiots" could understand their political dancing.

JAB

Jul 5, 2022, 9:52:40 PM7/5/22
On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 16:43:53 +0100, Retrograde
<fun...@amongus.com.invalid> wrote:

>That's a pretty awesome burn.

1996 magazine cover
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FW2O4sVXwAE2Lyo?format=jpg&name=medium

..I interviewed Mrs. Parks for a 1996 cover story on Thomas I wrote
for Emerge Magazine. She was appalled by his appointment to the seat
held by Thurgood Marshall. Said he represented everything Marshall
fought against. Also said he was a "terrible" role model for children.

https://twitter.com/trevorwcoleman/status/1544047355468697600