RIP: John McAfee

1 view

JAB

Jun 23, 2021, 11:22:29 PM6/23/21
John McAfee found dead in Spanish prison after his extradition to the
US was approved

John McAfee, the controversial antivirus software magnate who'd had
multiple recent run-ins with the US law, has died at 75. McAfee was
awaiting extradition in a Spanish prison after being charged with tax
evasion in the United States last year.

<https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/23/tech/john-mcafee-death/index.html>

Blueshirt

Jun 24, 2021, 6:00:46 PM6/24/21
Did he die of a virus?

ErnieB

Jun 24, 2021, 10:39:31 PM6/24/21
<https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/23/john-mcafee-found-dead-after-spanish-court-oks-extradition-for-tax-crimes-.html>

--
Ernie B.

Communication: The art of moving an idea from one mind to another,
hopefully without distortion.

Michael Trew

Jun 24, 2021, 11:20:34 PM6/24/21
On 6/24/2021 10:39 PM, ErnieB wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 23:00:45 +0100, Blueshirt wrote:
>
>> On 24/06/2021 04:22, JAB wrote:
>>> John McAfee found dead in Spanish prison after his extradition to the
>>> US was approved
>>>
>>> John McAfee, the controversial antivirus software magnate who'd had
>>> multiple recent run-ins with the US law, has died at 75. McAfee was
>>> awaiting extradition in a Spanish prison after being charged with tax
>>> evasion in the United States last year.
>>>
>>> <https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/23/tech/john-mcafee-death/index.html>
>>>

>> Did he die of a virus?
>
> <https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/23/john-mcafee-found-dead-after-spanish-court-oks-extradition-for-tax-crimes-.html>

"Eccentric" was one way to describe him... he was something else. That
was an unfortunate end to his life either way... I was waiting to see
what would happen when I heard that he was arrested.

I can't help but to laugh every time I watch the video that he made "How
to uninstall McAfee antivirus" several years ago. If you haven't seen
it, it's quite amusing, but likely not safe for work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

Retrograde

Jun 26, 2021, 7:43:38 AM6/26/21
On 2021-06-25, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com> wrote:
> On 6/24/2021 10:39 PM, ErnieB wrote:

>>> Did he die of a virus?
>>
>> <https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/23/john-mcafee-found-dead-after-spanish-court-oks-extradition-for-tax-crimes-.html>
>>

> "Eccentric" was one way to describe him... he was something else. That
> was an unfortunate end to his life either way... I was waiting to see
> what would happen when I heard that he was arrested.

Unfortunately, I don't think killing yourself has any effect on your tax
liabilities. The government will go after your estate, and get their money
anyway. Not sure if they can go after your next-of-kin but it wouldn't
surprise me.

What an old nutter. Bet his old Belizean neighbor is overjoyed at the news.

JAB

Jun 26, 2021, 8:01:29 AM6/26/21
On Sat, 26 Jun 2021 11:43:36 -0000 (UTC), Retrograde
<fun...@amongus.com.invalid> wrote:

>Unfortunately, I don't think killing yourself has any effect on your tax
>liabilities.

It does eliminate US prison time...100% effective.

John McAfee@officialmcafee

Feb 8
I'm nearing 76 and my health reflects it - unlikely to survive the
years of trials before my guilt is decided. Bail is also unlikely.

Life in prison.

I wrote one chapter of my memoirs:
http://loggiaonfire.com/magazine/'the_woman_in_nepal,_chapter_one'_by_john_mcafee_1589057699.html
The rest will be Twitter snippets.

Coming soon.

<https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1358820277539528708?lang=en>

Blueshirt

Jun 26, 2021, 11:46:19 AM6/26/21
On 26/06/2021 13:02, JAB wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2021 11:43:36 -0000 (UTC), Retrograde
> <fun...@amongus.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, I don't think killing yourself has any effect on your tax
>> liabilities.
>
> It does eliminate US prison time...100% effective.

It's a bit of an extreme way of avoiding a prison cell though!

JAB

Jun 26, 2021, 12:18:59 PM6/26/21
On Sat, 26 Jun 2021 16:46:17 +0100, Blueshirt <blue...@indigo.news>
wrote:

>> It does eliminate US prison time...100% effective.
>
>It's a bit of an extreme way of avoiding a prison cell though!

When he stated this,

"I'm nearing 76 and my health reflects it "

I assumed his "Mojo" life was depressed greatly.

I know little about him, but his thoughts I've read are not reflective
of a person who has sorted out philosophically life.

In a manner of speaking, he was 'addicted' to indulging...

Oct 6, 2020 — According to the indictment, John McAfee earned millions
in income from promoting cryptocurrencies, consulting work, speaking
engagements...
===

Computer antivirus pioneer John McAfee tweeted last year that he
hadn't filed a tax return in eight years.

<https://www.npr.org/2020/10/07/920820361/mcafee-founder-accused-of-evading-taxes-while-allegedly-earning-millions>