3 severed heads

1 view

JAB

Jun 8, 2023, 10:09:53 PM6/8/23
3 severed heads from donor bodies left at employee's desk after
complaints raised about alleged misconduct

Dale Wheatley, who performs deliveries for the Anatomical Gift
Association of Illinois, came into work two weeks ago and found sage
burning and three severed heads lying on a plastic container by his
desk.

Wheatley, who has worked for AGA for nearly five years, said he's
never seen anything like the horror movie-like scene he stumbled upon
that Wednesday morning in late May.

Wheatley said the heads from AGA donors were placed next to his desk
after he reported concerns about the mishandling and poor conditions
of donated bodies to his supervisors. But AGA Executive Vice President
William O'Connor denied any maltreatment accusations, saying that
handling body parts is in Wheatley's job description.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-mistreatment-donated-bodies-20230607-2stxbebqg5gs5gkb7i447u2b3u-story.html

Retrograde

Jun 9, 2023, 9:08:06 AM6/9/23
On Thu, 08 Jun 2023 21:09:53 -0500
JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

> Wheatley said the heads from AGA donors were placed next to his desk
> after he reported concerns about the mishandling and poor conditions
> of donated bodies to his supervisors. But AGA Executive Vice President
> William O'Connor denied any maltreatment accusations, saying that
> handling body parts is in Wheatley's job description.

Putting aside the fact that this involves body parts, this is
bog-standard workplace harrassment stuff and is adequately by existing
laws. I just had to complete my workplace harrassment, sexual
harrassment, corruption, bribery etc. trainings last week and
situations like this were covered in detail. Current American law
provides Wheatly a very clear avenue for recourse.

JAB

Jun 9, 2023, 7:31:20 PM6/9/23
On Fri, 9 Jun 2023 08:47:31 -0400, Retrograde <fun...@amongus.com>
wrote:

>Putting aside the fact that this involves body parts,

"see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" may have been the implicit
message.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_wise_monkeys

Retrograde

Jun 9, 2023, 10:08:04 PM6/9/23
No, it's called 'workplace harrassment' and it's illegal.