RIP Alexei Navalny

Retrograde

Feb 16, 2024, 12:53:20 PMFeb 16
From the «awful» department:
Feed: Hacker News
Title: Alexei Navalny has died – authorities
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 06:34:21 -0500
Link: https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/jailed-russian-opposition-leader-navalny-dead-prison-service-2024-02-16/

Comments[1]

Links:
[1]: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=39395631 (link)

Blueshirt

Feb 16, 2024, 1:49:26 PMFeb 16
Retrograde wrote:

> From the «awful» department:
> Feed: Hacker News
> Title: Alexei Navalny has died – authorities
> Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 06:34:21 -0500
> Link:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/jailed-russian-opposition-leader-navalny-dead-prison-service-2024-02-16/

Nearly as unsurprising as the death of Yevgeny Prigozhin.

I suppose the only surprise is that it took this long!

JAB

Feb 16, 2024, 9:22:31 PMFeb 16
On Fri, 16 Feb 2024 17:53:17 GMT, Retrograde
<fun...@amongus.com.invalid> wrote:

>Alexei Navalny has died

Mike Pence
There is no room in the Republican Party for apologists for Putin.

Oregonian Haruspex

Feb 17, 2024, 4:18:44 PMFeb 17
He seemed stupid, probably more useful to CIA and friends as a martyr than
anything.

JAB

Feb 17, 2024, 4:46:38 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:18:42 -0000 (UTC), Oregonian Haruspex
<no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>He seemed stupid, probably more useful to
>CIA and friends as a martyr than anything.

I believe he could have staid in Germany, but unknown if he had the
financial ability to do so.

I assume he came to an unnatural death, but being locked up, I find
Putin's motive puzzling. But, based upon news tidbits, he seems to be
living in a sea of paranoia.

Blueshirt

Feb 17, 2024, 5:10:54 PMFeb 17
JAB wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 21:18:42 -0000 (UTC), Oregonian Haruspex
> <no_e...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
> > He seemed stupid, probably more useful to
> > CIA and friends as a martyr than anything.
>
> I believe he could have staid in Germany, but unknown if he had the
> financial ability to do so.
>
> I assume he came to an unnatural death, but being locked up,

You'd think with no balcony's or car breaks to go wrong a prison
cell would be safe enough... maybe one of the prison guards brought
an umbrella in to work with him that day?

> I find Putin's motive puzzling.

Ego. If you cross Putin... you're a dead man walking. The message
has to get 'out there'. Potential rivals will think again.

JAB

Feb 17, 2024, 7:13:55 PMFeb 17
On Sat, 17 Feb 2024 22:10:51 -0000 (UTC), "Blueshirt"
<blue...@indigo.news> wrote:

> If you cross Putin... you're a dead man walking.

Trump thinks the same way, btw, but he uses other means.

https://apnews.com/united-states-government-4ff1ecb621884a728b25e62661257ef0

immibis

Feb 19, 2024, 3:34:35 AMFeb 19
Does the P stand for Polonium?