Car colors are boring

JAB

Jun 23, 2021, 6:52:14 AM6/23/21
Car colors are boring, some buyers complain. In fact, nearly 80% of
all vehicles are painted with achromatic lacquer. Watch the full video
here to learn more: https://cnb.cx/3hSz2GG

2 minute Vid: <https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1407462400249327618>

Michael Trew

Jun 24, 2021, 10:50:36 PM6/24/21
With my old beaters, I typically don't care the color. If I were buying
a new car, I'd surely be more interested, since I'd be likely to keep
that vehicle for a long time.

The last new car that I seriously considered was a 2014 or '15 Nissan
Versa... basic as could be, standard transmission, manual roll up
windows, 2 speaker AM/FM... I don't even think it had A/C. Brand new
off the lot... I prefer the manual features, but the problem being, that
those manual features - including the transmission - were only available
in the very base package car or the very expensive sporty ones.

The Versa being the base car, and the basic package Versa, hand one very
bland dark gray interior, and the only exterior color options with basic
manual features were white, black, gray, maybe silver. It's unfortunate
that the base cars were so limited in color, but I guess most people
that buy a $12K new car wouldn't care so much.

JAB

Jun 24, 2021, 11:25:14 PM6/24/21
On Thu, 24 Jun 2021 22:50:38 -0400, Michael Trew <mt99...@ymail.com>
wrote:

>If I were buying a new car

Plain old White....a common color, and this color reduces summer heat
inside vehicle.

When looking at a parked Honda CRV on a street I use, it looks OK in
white.

Michael Trew

Jun 25, 2021, 10:59:50 PM6/25/21
Was it white vehicles that showed dirt easier? Or was that black?
White isn't bad, I've owned several while cars... honestly that would
probably be my pick over gray/black. However, a lighter blue or
something would be nice. I agree, dark cars get too hot.