Loudrich slips on tongue. Dangerfield is cleared...

David Brager

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
Loudmouth Sticks Foot In Court Case And Trips On Tongue

A man who lives in an apartment building that is owned by a famous
person turned to the internet to get attention. Richard Stefan, who lives in
an apartment building above Dangerfield's Restaurant in New York City, which is
owned by Rodney Dangerfield, posted so-called news about his troubles at being
evicted by the apartment building. Using his E-mail address of
"loud...@earthlink.net" (and formerly at "loud...@aol.com"), he posted his
problem in many newsgroups, including "alt.lawyers" and
"alt.journalism.newspapers" (where this reporter found his article).
Now, I've been on the internet for years, while in computers for over a
quarter century, and over the course of those years, I've met many wonderful
people on the internet. Joan and Rodney Dangerfield actually answer their own
E-mail, and I've received more than my share of Rodney posters and videos from
writing for their website's contests. But my compassion for these people is
even more earned. Once, when I was in hospital, Rodney wrote to me to lift my
spirits, stating that a friend of his in New York swore that the doctors there
kill more people than the muggers. Thus, I decided to dig on this, as I like
to help my friends.
The internet newsgroup database DejaNews proved that there was more to
Mr. Stefan than just his problems with the Dangerfields. It seems that this
person has problems with keeping his mouth shut about his own illegal
activities.
For example, in a post to "alt.music.makers.dj" 12/24/1998, he posted
that he is a person who plays compact disc music at parties. But in another
post in "alt.music.mobile-djs" on 9/11/1998, he confesses that he never pays
ASCAP fees to the musicians for whom he uses their music. And in a third post
in "alt.music.bootlegs" on 7/22/1998, he confesses that he's trying to copy
vinyl LP's into CDS, and letting the person who copies them, keep the
originals, thus making himself in possession of illegal music.
Now, what made this so much more interesting is that in the posts about
his personal vendetta against Mr. Dangerfield, he noted that he has all the
so-called evidence at his website, which is listed as
"http://www.loudrich.com". By using the Domain Name Server lookup (at
"http://www.vservers.com/before/dnscheck/"), I was able to punch in "loudrich"
and have it find me the following public information:

loud...@EARTHLINK.NET
> 212-688-3576 (FAX) 212-688-3576

By using the phone number given (212-688-3576), I then went to Anywho
(http://www.anywho.com) and used their reverse telephone number look-up. That
website revealed:

> STEFAN,RICHARD
> 1118 1st Avenue
> New York, NY 10021
>

> 212 688 3576

Now, my background is real estate, for I'd appraised it for years (over
3,000 properties). In Washington State, where I'm located, if you can prove
that someone is using their apartment to conduct illegal activity, you have
grounds for eviction. It is clear that by his own actions, Mr. Stefan is
violating Federal Copyright Laws as well as not paying ASCAP music fees, and
therefore, has, by his own actions, proven himself worthy of eviction from the
apartment complex.
I want to make it clear that beyond the stage name and performance of
Rodney Dangerfield is a very warm and compassionate guy who really tries to
help people. I believe that Mr. Stefan has violated Mr. Dangerfield's
reputation while sniveling over his eviction notice.
There is one other characteristic about Mr. Stefan which this next post
of his, found on "rec.org.mensa" on 2/2/1997 under his "loud...@aol.com"
handle:

>EBONICS IS A GOOD IDEA
>
> Loud rich <loud...@aol.com>
>
> 1997/02/02
>Forum:
>
> rec.org.mensa
>
>EBONICS is a good way to keep white people employed and dont forget Rap
>music in them blacks cant read write and speak english, they are not
>going to get our good jobs
>
> WHEW!!!! LETS KEEP EBONICS ALIVE.......................

Clearly, this guy has all the love and affection of every white supremist in
town, but for the rest of us, he's clearly a handful that does not need our
special attention.
I sent all this information to the Dangerfield's yesterday, and this
morning, I received the following:

>Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 01:16:51 -0800
>To: David Brager <dibr...@geocities.com>
>Subject: Re: Everything I could find on Richard Stefan...and evidence
> agains him...
>
>David,
>
>You are amazing. This guy has been such a problem. I will forward this
>information immediately to the clubs attorney in the hopes that it's not too
>late. I think they were going to try to settle with him just to end the
>nuisance of it all. If this ends up being of help, and even if not, you
>were so nice
>to do this for us.
>
>Joan (& Rodney)

Therefore, I ask you, the reader, to consider not listening or
believing Mr. Stefan. He is clearly in need of eviction from Mr. Dangerfield's
apartment building, and therefore, is whining, bitching and moaning to the
wrong crowd.

Gonzo Journalism strikes again!

© 1999 David I. Brager
http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/Castro/4998