18 and in loco parentis.

micky

Dec 13, 2023, 5:01:58 PM12/13/23
Does the fact that the voting age is now 18, or anything else, affect
the status of In loco parentis that college administrations had wrt to
students in their school. Was that always limited to students under 21?
And related, in the 60's and 70's, how old did someone have to be to
enlist in the army without his parent's permission? I thought it was 18
even when the voting age was 21.

Did "legal voting age" correlate with age to legally sign a binding
contract and other things with age requirements? If so, did it require
separate law changes in all 50 states, or do you still have to be 21 to
be bound by a contract not for necessities?

IOW are all these age requirements independent of each other or are some
bound together in some way? Which ones in what way?

--
I think you can tell, but just to be sure:
I am not a lawyer.