Military Uniform

Lina Bousbina

Oct 5, 2022, 10:09:28 AM10/5/22
I wonder if a military can go on vacation with his uniform, for instance
ski with it. Is it prohibited by the Army?

Roy

Oct 5, 2022, 10:19:32 AM10/5/22
On 10/5/2022 7:09 AM, Lina Bousbina wrote:
> I wonder if a military can go on vacation with his uniform, for instance
> ski with it. Is it prohibited by the Army?

The question would be:

What country and service?

What uniform? Is it a current uniform

Who owns the uniform? Years ago US Army officers bought their own uniforms.

Where will it be worn?

As an example, I got married in my Army dress blue uniform. Several of
my ushers wore theirs as well.

Barry Gold

Oct 6, 2022, 1:19:55 AM10/6/22
IIRC, you can make a uniform "not a uniform" by removing all the
insignia (including buttons). Then it's just clothes that happen to be
black with white stripes on the sleeves, black or blue or whatever color
that service uses. (Maybe you should unstitch the service name from the
breast pocket?)

--
I do so have a memory. It's backed up on DVD... somewhere...