the 2024 time line

RichD

Jan 20, 2024, 11:13:05 AMJan 20
The constitutionally correct 2024 time line:

February 10 - Supremes DQ Trump, for insurrection.  Further,
they declare that the Sheeple have the right to vote as they see fit,
per the rules of each state.  No federal court may infringe.
They note that the Constitution provides for all contingencies.

Congress declines to remove his disability.

Nov. 5 - Trump captures a majority of electoral votes.
January 6 - Electoral college tally is certified by Congress.
January 7 - Biden, call on his duty to preserve the Constitution,
  invalidates Trump's election.
January 21 - VP Don Trump Jr. assumes office.
January 22 - New Congress sworn in.

i)  They remove Trump's disability.  He takes the throne.
   His first action is to invoke the PATRIOT act and other
gestapo stuff, naming the Democrat party a terrorist organization.
ii)  They refuse to enable him.  Congress recalls the electoral college.

February 5 - Electors elect Melania as 47th emperor.
January 21, 2026 - New Congress sworn in.  They remove Trump's disability.
January 22 - Melania throws a hissy fit, slits Donald's throat.
January 23 - Melania arrested.
January 24 - Cabinet officers assert that the president is unable
   to discharge her duties. They duly notify the Speaker and Senate.
January 25 - Melania notifies Congress that she is able and willing
   to continue.
January 26 - Congress cannot muster the votes to oust her.
January 27 - Supremes postpone her trial until January 21, 2028.
    She surrenders her passport.
March 15, 2028  -  A jury consisting of Vogue editors acquits her.
March 16 - NY Times and Wash. Post declare Jan. 22 a national holiday.

--
Rich

Rick

Jan 20, 2024, 9:02:42 PMJan 20
"RichD" wrote in message

>The constitutionally correct 2024 time line:
>
>February 10 - Supremes DQ Trump, for insurrection. Â Further,
>they declare that the Sheeple have the right to vote as they see fit,
>per the rules of each state. Â No federal court may infringe.
>They note that the Constitution provides for all contingencies.
>
>Congress declines to remove his disability.
>
>Nov. 5 - Trump captures a majority of electoral votes.
>January 6 - Electoral college tally is certified by Congress.
>January 7 - Biden, call on his duty to preserve the Constitution,
> Â invalidates Trump's election.
>January 21 - VP Don Trump Jr. assumes office.
>January 22 - New Congress sworn in.
>
>i) Â They remove Trump's disability. Â He takes the throne.
>Â Â His first action is to invoke the PATRIOT act and other
> gestapo stuff, naming the Democrat party a terrorist organization.
>ii) Â They refuse to enable him. Â Congress recalls the electoral college.
>
>February 5 - Electors elect Melania as 47th emperor.
>January 21, 2026 - New Congress sworn in. Â They remove Trump's disability.
>January 22 - Melania throws a hissy fit, slits Donald's throat.
>January 23 - Melania arrested.
>January 24 - Cabinet officers assert that the president is unable
>Â Â to discharge her duties. They duly notify the Speaker and Senate.
>January 25 - Melania notifies Congress that she is able and willing
>Â Â to continue.
>January 26 - Congress cannot muster the votes to oust her.
>January 27 - Supremes postpone her trial until January 21, 2028.
>Â Â She surrenders her passport.
>March 15, 2028 Â - Â A jury consisting of Vogue editors acquits her.
>March 16 - NY Times and Wash. Post declare Jan. 22 a national holiday.
>
>--
>Rich

I think your central premise that Trump will be disqualified but somehow
still win the electoral college is wrong. If Trump is actually DQ'd by the
SC, I don't believe there is any way he wins the Republican nomination, even
if allowed to remain on most state ballots. And even if the GOP somehow
decides to nominate him in such circumstances, he won't come close to
winning the election, even if Biden is in a coma by that point.

Also, regardless on how the Court rules on his eligibility under the 14th,
there are growing signs that Trump will lose significant support if he is
convicted on just one charge. It's not clear that any of his cases can
actually reach a verdict before election day (and we know appeals can take
forever), but the closer he gets to even one negative verdict or one key
decision against him by the SC, the more his support will dwindle.

To put it another way, even if Trump wins every court case and beats all the
charges filed against him, it's still 50-50 at best if he can win over
enough moderates and independents to win the electoral college. All he
needs is one or two major setbacks in court, and I think it's effectively
over for him.

RichD

Jan 21, 2024, 7:00:56 PMJan 21
On January 20, Rick wrote:
>>The constitutionally correct 2024 time line:
>>February 10 - Supremes DQ Trump, for insurrection. Further,
>>they declare that the Sheeple have the right to vote as they see fit,
>>per the rules of each state. No federal court may infringe.
>>They note that the Constitution provides for all contingencies.
>>Congress declines to remove his disability.
>>Nov. 5 - Trump captures a majority of electoral votes.
>>January 6 - Electoral college tally is certified by Congress.
>>January 7 - Biden, call on his duty to preserve the Constitution,
>> invalidates Trump's election.
>>January 21 - VP Don Trump Jr. assumes office.
>>January 22 - New Congress sworn in.
> >
>> i) They remove Trump's disability.
>> ii) They refuse to enable him. Congress recalls the electoral college.
>
> I think your central premise that Trump will be disqualified but somehow
> still win the electoral college is wrong...
> All he needs is one or two major setbacks in court, and I think it's effectively
> over for him.

Prediction is a dicey proposition, especially of the future.
Your certainty is misplaced.

I'm not making any predictions, merely speculating about
possibilities, in this historically unprecedented situation.

I'll propose something slightly more credulous than the surreal
script above. Trump is DQ, yet he vows to continue his campaign.
Count on it. In which case, the constitutional subtleties will be
chewed to grits. For the public, it's a Teachable Moment -

Now, no one will vote for an ineligible candidate, except in protest.
So that sly fox offers a deal: "Vote for me, and I will instruct my
electors to vote for my apostle, the One. He'll be my agent, the
Movement shall go on!"

What, a secret name in a sealed envelope? Nobody buys
this. So he goes public: Elon Musk! Thus the deal:
the voters understand, a vote for Trump is a vote for Musk.

November 5: Donald wins!
His ego inflates so much, his head explodes.
The voters accept the deal, and prefer Musk to Biden.
The Trumpkins say: we pulled the lever for Trump!

An obvious weak link: are Trump's electors legally bound
to vote as he orders? Doubtful. But given this scenario,
where it's understood the voters chose Musk, it's hard to
imagine they'd go rogue.

PS (replace [whoever] for Musk)

--
Rich

Rick

Jan 22, 2024, 10:39:48 AMJan 22
"RichD" wrote in message
I think what you're calling speculation would more accurately be described
as fan fiction. At least my predictions are based on actual polling.

The great thing about both predictions as well as speculations about an
upcoming event is that we can just wait until the event arrives to see which
of us comes closer to the truth.