Re: Sharing medicines

Roy

Oct 17, 2022, 10:41:34 AM10/17/22
On 10/16/2022 10:22 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
> I see the health secretary has told us how we should share medicines with
> a personal example of how she does.
>
> Is this not an offence ?

It is definitely illegal in the US.

In some cases, the rules are pretty dumb. My wife was in the hospital.
She was taking baby aspirin at home so they gave her baby aspirin
there too. The hospital's pill was prescribed. When she was discharged
they sent her home with a week's supply in a prescription bottle with
her name on it. Legally, I couldn't take one of her pills DUH

Nobody Special

Oct 18, 2022, 12:47:59 AM10/18/22
On 17/10/2022 06:22, Jethro_uk wrote:
> I see the health secretary has told us how we should share medicines with
> a personal example of how she does.
>
> Is this not an offence ?

It is an offence or illegal if prescription drugs are shared. Medicines
bought on the counter from drug stores can be shared.

Prescription drugs are those that are prescribed for specific treatment
and therefore can't be shared.

Rick

Oct 18, 2022, 12:54:48 AM10/18/22
"Roy" wrote in message news:tijpfg$3fcln$1...@dont-email.me...
Here is a similar example. My wife and I both happen to take the same
prescribed medicine for allergies - Montelukast (generic form of Singulair).
It is the exact same medicine and dosage, and we each have our own
prescription (prescribed by the same doctor). On occasion, one of us might
accidentally run out of our medicine or forget to take it with us on a trip,
so it would be reasonable for the person forgetting to simply borrow a pill
from the other and then replace it later from our own supply. Although it
is the exact same medicine and dosage, this would also technically be
illegal. Double DUH

Rick

Oct 18, 2022, 10:10:14 AM10/18/22
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message news:tihmc7$14urj$6...@dont-email.me...

>I see the health secretary has told us how we should share medicines with
>a personal example of how she does.
>
>Is this not an offence ?

What was the example she cited?

Barry Gold

Oct 18, 2022, 11:15:42 PM10/18/22
On 10/16/2022 10:22 PM, Jethro_uk wrote:
> I see the health secretary has told us how we should share medicines with
> a personal example of how she does.
>
> Is this not an offence ?

Sharing prescription medicines is illegal in the United States. But it's
not illegal to suggest it because First Amendment. The rules are
probably different in the UK. For one thing, your free speech rights are
not as broad as in the US.

--
I do so have a memory. It's backed up on DVD... somewhere...

Nobody Special

Oct 18, 2022, 11:17:53 PM10/18/22
British Health Secretary is a "chain smoker" and she is on record to
legalise parents smoking in their own cars when children (including
babies) are also present in the confined space. Nobody should take her
seriously. In fact her days are numbered when Lyn Truss (British Prime
Minister) is removed from office within the next two weeks, if not before.

These lot have crashed the British Economy and made us a laughing stock
in the world. Even Joe Biden thinks that British Administration is in
chaos! Mind you, there are some really good honest MPs who can take over
but they have been sidelined by the Prime minister and threatened to
de-select them if they oppose her!

Geo. Salisbury

Oct 18, 2022, 11:19:52 PM10/18/22
+1

micky

Oct 20, 2022, 2:29:17 PM10/20/22
In misc.legal.moderated, on Tue, 18 Oct 2022 20:22:27 -0700 (PDT),
Jethro_uk <jeth...@hotmailbin.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 22:22:46 -0700, Jethro_uk wrote:
>
>> I see the health secretary has told us how we should share medicines
>> with a personal example of how she does.
>>
>> Is this not an offence ?
>
>Apologies this slipped a mod and was intended for a UK audience.

I thought it was interesting.

Is this ng limited to US law? I didn't think so.

>Fascinated to read the replies and comments, but only from afar :)

IME most antibiotics have to have their entire prescription taken, so
that you wipe out all the bad germs that are targeted. If you stop
early, a few strong ones are still there and they mulitiply again and
the new group is even harder to kill, both in you and everyone else who
catches it from you. So she should have taken all the pills she was
given and the person she gave them too didn't get a full presciption
either. Two sources of germs that are more resilient than what went
before. Antibiotic-resistance is a growing, major problem.

--
I think you can tell, but just to be sure:
I am not a lawyer.

Roy

Oct 20, 2022, 2:43:39 PM10/20/22
This news group is not limited to US. We do get occasional Canadian and
UK stuff. The subscribers are predominatially US though.

Nobody Special

Oct 21, 2022, 12:02:13 AM10/21/22
I agree we see mostly US residents but now Liz Truss is removed (UK
Prime Minister), we won't have to share any anti-biotics!!. However,
BoJo is throwing his hat to fight off Rishi Sunak or Penny Mordaunt.
It's a never ending circus. Even mighty Colombians with stable
democracy!! are making fun of UK politics!
<https://www.elcolombiano.com/opinion/editoriales/liz-truss-la-breve-FH18867266>

John Dillinger

Oct 21, 2022, 10:43:19 AM10/21/22
On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 07:41:30 -0700 (PDT), Roy
<monta...@outlook.com> wrote:

>they sent her home with a week's supply in a prescription bottle with
>her name on it. Legally, I couldn't take one of her pills DUH

I'm with the government and I am here to help! RUN!

--
/\_/\
((@v@))