Darwin medal

RichD

Apr 23, 2022, 7:31:38 PM4/23/22
About a year ago, in Palo Alto, a man was beaten by
police, severely. Currently, a brutality suit is in mediation,
or arbitration, or whatever.

Evidently, he was known to the cops, on their radar,
they were looking for an excuse to smack him. His
case looks pretty strong, their excuses for their
contact and behavior are lame. It does look like a gang beating.

Last week, this moron was bagged for residential burglary.

Now, a question: do these two cases interact?
That is, while the city and police department defend
their suit, can they use this to their advantage?
(assuming he's guilty)

--
Rich

Barry Gold

Apr 24, 2022, 12:29:34 AM4/24/22
They can use it in the "court of public opinion". But when it comes to
his personal injury case, the burglary charges (and they are ONLY
charges at this point) won't be admissible.

--
I do so have a memory. It's backed up on DVD... somewhere...

John Levine

Apr 24, 2022, 12:30:04 AM4/24/22
According to RichD <r_dela...@yahoo.com>:
>About a year ago, in Palo Alto, a man was beaten by
>police, severely. Currently, a brutality suit is in mediation,
>or arbitration, or whatever. ...
>
>Last week, this moron was bagged for residential burglary.
>
>Now, a question: do these two cases interact?

I don't see how. "He is a bad guy", even if true, does not give the
cops or anyone else a pass to beat someone up.

--
Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",

Rick

Apr 25, 2022, 12:57:40 AM4/25/22
"RichD" wrote in message
If he has been convicted of the burglary, then that would affect his
credibility if his case against the cops for the beating is dependent on his
own eyewitness testimony. That is, if it's his word against the cops with
no other evidence, then a recent felony would definitely be relevant. But
if there is other evidence against the cops such as other credible
witnesses, videos, etc., then I don't see how his own conviction on the
felony would have much effect. And if he has only been charged in the
burglary case but not yet convicted, then I don't think that would carry
that much weight.