I’m being sued in civil court for criminal charges but have not been tried or convicted of these charges. I have been fighting this case for over five years and can no longer pay an attorney. The evidence presented by the plaintiff is erroneous. C

Skip to first unread message

Gerts Werks

May 27, 2022, 10:23:26 AM5/27/22
I have been fighting a claims of embezzlement and conversion brought by my niece as guardian for my mother. Mom stayed with me for 19 months and contributed to household expenses through a joint account. The niece claims this was embezzlement. I can no longer afford an attorney and a jury trial is scheduled in less than a month. I am terrified. I am 70. During discovery the plaintiff made many false claims that are contradicted by her own “evidence”. Is there a way I can get the judge to review this before trial? I have heard of a merits hearing but like another poster can find no information. This is a court of common pleas in SC. I am considering filing a motion for sanctions because any reasonable attorney would have seen the deceptions inherent in the claims. Also I feel the ominous sound of these high crime claims will unfairly prejudice the jury against me. Any help is much appreciated.

Reply all
Reply to author
0 new messages