Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

UNICEF was hacked for Mitnick

19 views
Skip to first unread message

JackDaRipper

unread,
Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98
to

In article <884276519...@dejanews.com>, ev...@escape.com (Evian S. Sim) wrote:

>http://www.hacked.net/news.html
>
>UNICEF EXPLOITED
>

>Why a group like UNICEF would be targeted? is unknown. In 1997 Amnesty's
>website was also hijacked (http://www.hacked.net/exp/org/amnesty/) in an
>equally perplexing attack.


maybe it is because they are a bunch of f*cked up commie bastards?

hmmm

Steve

unread,
Jan 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/9/98
to

In article <693taf$e...@usenet44.supernews.com>, kn...@msn.com says...

More than likely it was because the security at these places
lacks...while better sites to hack have better security. Just a guess...

rOTTEN

unread,
Jan 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/10/98
to

Man, there are so many other ways to make a point.

Why not hack a site that doesn't do anything GOOD for the world...like the
most popular Princess Di page. As a Sinn Fein writer said, "She cleared
more ski slopes than mine fields".

I thought that hacking the VICE GIRLS page was a good idea because they
don't stand for anything worth listening to...Then again, there was no
mention of Mitnick on that.

Hacking websites in this manner can be described as website tagging, and
are not in any way different from hitting up an RTD bus with a Mean Streak
or a fat-tip Pilot. I only wish that I spent my time tagging, doing
something useful.

Though I don't consider the UNICEF hacking with terrorism, which is what
the media will portray it as, I think that your efforts could be better
directed.

Making demands and acting like a terrorist can only hurt Mitnick's gig.
You don't want to fuck his shit up more simply because you want to make
yourself popular among the "hacker community". There is a phenomenon
called 'hacktivism' that is valid if it is thought through and the point is
delivered with lucidity, rather than adolescense. You're almost there.

If you're gonna do something like that, make a point like Jello Biafra
would make a point. Intelligence, while biting the ankles of the people
who are blind to recieving information. A good social prank requires lots
of thought. You want people to take you seriously, not think of you as a
joke.

Use intelligence, present an informative argument and target the RIGHT web site.

Really doe.

Good luck in the future.

rOTTEN

"Thinking you'll be drinkin' out my bottle, bitch that's bullshit,
Still got semen on your lips from the homies dick!"

"You couldn't beat a minute off my ass
if I gave you 60 seconds."

--
-=rOTTEN=-

.since you put yourself on my dick,
.I'll put my nuts on your chin.

Marcus Lim

unread,
Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to

Some thing like this is really sick....
UNICEF is a NON-profit organization to help thep poor and hungry all round
the world so these people have absolutely no morals at all......

JackDaRipper <kn...@msn.com> wrote in article
<693taf$e...@usenet44.supernews.com>...

Smoke

unread,
Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to

Yeah every few years there is some idiot like the one who pulled the
UNIcef thing I remember quite a few years ago a guy hacked into a
Kidney dialysis voice mail system and changed some of the prompts to
tell people they where closed, and I believe a person died, that is
just sick and it makes it harder on all of us... cause the public
looks at this with alot of scrutiny


On 11 Jan 1998 05:45:12 GMT, "Marcus Lim" <enjo...@singnet.com.sg>
wrote:

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), a computer/modem/printer meet the
definition of a telephone fax machine. By Sec.227(b)(1)(C), it is unlawful to
send any unsolicited advertisement to such equipment, punishable by action to
recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever is greater, for each violation.

JackDaRipper

unread,
Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to

In article <01bd1e55$640451a0$7aa915a5@default>, "Marcus Lim"
<enjo...@singnet.com.sg> wrote:

>Some thing like this is really sick....
>UNICEF is a NON-profit organization to help thep poor and hungry all round
>the world so these people have absolutely no morals at all......
>

No, something like this is pathetically stupid (your message)
Obviously you don't know what the fuck you are talking about limpdick
The United Nations Childrens Fund (UNICEF) is part of the overall United
Nations cancer and is comprised of mostly communists and socialists.

But I guess ignorance is to be expected from a totalitarian type place such as
Singapore where the government arrests journalists in the middle of the night
for saying critical things that they do not like...

The majority of the UN's so-called "humanitarian" efforts have hurt the very
people they are supposedly intended to help-- The UN's support for Communist
China's "forced abortion" program being a case in point...

The United Nations was founded by Communists and CFR members whose common goal
was a socialist world government. The UN always choses socialist one-worlders
for its leaders...The UN seeks power to control the
environment,population,children .... the world.... The UN ignores
Communist atrocities but targets non-Communist Nations and leaders.
AND the UN is a moral cesspool filled with perverts and fatcats.... read the
following:

In 1993, the UN Economic and Social Council granted consultant status to the
International Gay and Lesbian Association which includes the North American
Man/Boy Love Association (advocates of child molestation) and the Dutch group
Vereniging Martijn (which also promotes use of children as sex objects). In
1988, the top Belgian UN Children's Fund (UNICEF) official was one of a group
convicted of running a child sex ring. Moral bankruptcy is commonplace in UN
operations. In Zimbabwe, UNICEF-donated equipment helped terrorists seize
power. In Vietnam, the Communists received $13 million from UNICEF while
untold thousands of boat people fled for their lives. Fat cats? UN employees
are paid 40% more than comparable U.S. workers and have subsidized rent. An
ex-UNICEF official confirmed that "pampered and cosseted staffs" of various
aid agencies "absorb 80% of all UN expenditures."


------------------------------------------------------------------------


For in-depth documentation

of the facts presented in this pamphlet: Global Tyranny ... Step by Step by
William F. Jasper. A well-documented expose of the UN's global goals 1992, 350
pages - $12.95 plus shipping. Changing Commands by John F. McManus. Details
the plot to shift U.S. military to UN control 1995, 234 pages - $8.95 plus
shipping. Freedom on the Altar by William Norman Grigg. The UN plan to destroy
traditional American values 1995, 264 pages - $8.95 plus shipping. Please add
15% for shipping ($2.00 minimum). The John Birch Society Appleton, WI
54913-8040 Credit-card phone orders: (920) 749-3783

COPYRIGHT 1997 - AMERICAN OPINION PUBLISHING, INC.


besides i was just trying to make a joke but if it is a political commentary
that you want----
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it....limpdick....

JackDaRipper

unread,
Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to

>Yeah every few years there is some idiot like the one who pulled the
>UNIcef thing I remember quite a few years ago a guy hacked into a
>Kidney dialysis voice mail system and changed some of the prompts to
>tell people they where closed, and I believe a person died, that is
>just sick and it makes it harder on all of us... cause the public
>looks at this with alot of scrutiny
>


sniff, sniff...... gosh..... I am holding back the tears...

>On 11 Jan 1998 05:45:12 GMT, "Marcus Lim" <enjo...@singnet.com.sg>


>wrote:
>
>>Some thing like this is really sick....
>>UNICEF is a NON-profit organization to help thep poor and hungry all round
>>the world so these people have absolutely no morals at all......
>>

>>JackDaRipper <kn...@msn.com> wrote in article
>><693taf$e...@usenet44.supernews.com>...
>>> In article <884276519...@dejanews.com>, ev...@escape.com (Evian S.
>>Sim) wrote:
>>>
>>> >http://www.hacked.net/news.html
>>> >
>>> >UNICEF EXPLOITED
>>> >
>>>
>>> >Why a group like UNICEF would be targeted? is unknown. In 1997 Amnesty's
>>> >website was also hijacked (http://www.hacked.net/exp/org/amnesty/) in an
>>> >equally perplexing attack.
>>>
>>>
>>> maybe it is because they are a bunch of f*cked up commie bastards?
>>>
>>> hmmm
>>>
>>>
>>>
>

JackDaRipper

unread,
Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to

spoken by a true literary giant.....

sheeeeshhh

Let's all sing "We are the World" now...

rOTTEN

unread,
Jan 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/11/98
to

>>"Thinking you'll be drinkin' out my bottle, bitch that's bullshit,
>>Still got semen on your lips from the homies dick!"
>>
>>"You couldn't beat a minute off my ass
>>if I gave you 60 seconds."

I just wanted to make it clear that this wasn't directed at anyone...it was
just a result of my drunkenness at the time of writing and the music that I
was listening to.

Apologies all around.

--
-=rOTTEN=-

.since you put yourself on my dick,

.i'll put my nuts on your chin

Jennifer Martino

unread,
Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98
to

This is directly addressed to the UNICEF hackers, PANTS/AGIS and all
other people hacking for the Mitnick "cause:"

Hacking UNICEF, a non-for-profit organization that helps mankind, did
exactly what you wanted it to do. Gave you even more publicity. But
unlike the Fox hack (and depending on your opinions, (*I* thought it was
pretty damn funny) the Yahoo! hack), this gave you BAD publicity which
will do more harm for your "cause" than good. Especially when there are
so many "computer illiterate" people out there. Those people were prolly
saying (before they knew that logic bomb was fake) "See. It's a good
thing that Mitnick guy is in jail. He's capable of even MORE than that?"
I understand your arguments about Mitnick and how he is being treated
unfairly, but how I feel is that you do the crime, you do the time. He
shoulda thought about that before he got busted. The fact that he is a
hacker and not a murderer is besides the point. Do you want him to have
a cell with room service and a maid? That would kinda be against the
whole idea of jail, dont'cha think?

This whole thing is starting to resemble a cult. He's a fucking "legend"
(depending on your opinion) not a deity.

codefreez

unread,
Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98
to

Well, I want to know what's up with all the 13tt3rZ and shit! Hackers
are smarter, why not write in good grammer to show computer illiterates
that we arn't dumb idiots that can play with a computer. We shouldn't be
putting on media shows (and then of course Kevin becomes Micheal, but I
don't think that was do to bad spelling on any of the hacks)

-codefreez

rOTTEN

unread,
Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98
to

>>I understand your arguments about Mitnick and how he is being treated
>>unfairly, but how I feel is that you do the crime, you do the time. He
>>shoulda thought about that before he got busted. The fact that he is a
>>hacker and not a murderer is besides the point. Do you want him to have
>>a cell with room service and a maid? That would kinda be against the
>>whole idea of jail, dont'cha think?
>>
>>This whole thing is starting to resemble a cult. He's a fucking "legend"
>>(depending on your opinion) not a deity.

Okay, I agree with your postion on the UNICEF thing...after that, I
disagree. Our legal system isn't supposed to treat unfairly, people who
haven't yet been convicted of a crime. I don't think that you understand
how he's being treated.

And as far as I know, nobody's said anything about room service and a maid.

He deserves to have time to prepare his case, he deserves to have certain
monies allotted to his defense, and he deserves to be treated like anyone
else who is in prison.

Or do you not agree?

rOTTEN

unread,
Jan 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/12/98
to

>>Well, I want to know what's up with all the 13tt3rZ and shit! Hackers
>>are smarter, why not write in good grammer to show computer illiterates
>>that we arn't dumb idiots that can play with a computer. We shouldn't be
>>putting on media shows (and then of course Kevin becomes Micheal, but I
>>don't think that was do to bad spelling on any of the hacks)
>>
>>-codefreez

Gotta agree with you there.

Out of curiousity, do you realize you misspelled 4 words?

Just picking nits.

KevinsMom

unread,
Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98
to

Kevin Mitnick is a good for nothing asshole.
Just like the rest of ya.

KungFu

Jennifer Martino

unread,
Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98
to

NOTE: Things in quotes either signify someting of opinion (mine or
someone elses.)

rOTTEN wrote:
>
> In article <34BA4A...@ameritech.net>, jmar...@ameritech.net wrote:
>
> >>I understand your arguments about Mitnick and how he is being treated
> >>unfairly, but how I feel is that you do the crime, you do the time. He
> >>shoulda thought about that before he got busted. The fact that he is a
> >>hacker and not a murderer is besides the point. Do you want him to have
> >>a cell with room service and a maid? That would kinda be against the
> >>whole idea of jail, dont'cha think?
> >>
> >>This whole thing is starting to resemble a cult. He's a fucking "legend"
> >>(depending on your opinion) not a deity.
>
> Okay, I agree with your postion on the UNICEF thing...after that, I
> disagree. Our legal system isn't supposed to treat unfairly, people who
> haven't yet been convicted of a crime. I don't think that you understand
> how he's being treated.

You're right, actually. Maybe I don't.


> And as far as I know, nobody's said anything about room service and a maid.

Hahahah... I know. Just seems like some people forget where he is. "He
has to lodge with murderers and rapists" they argue. I just wonder if
they expect like a "Ritz" jail, a "Motel 6" jail and a local motel dive
jail (I am talking about classes of people in each. Not max.security
and min. security.) (Hell, didn't OJ get pizza's deliver to him in
jail? But I could be using a tabloid news program as a source so...)
Aren't we paying enough taxes? hahah.. But let's not get into that.



> He deserves to have time to prepare his case, he deserves to have certain
> monies allotted to his defense, and he deserves to be treated like anyone
> else who is in prison.

> Or do you not agree?

No, I agree.

But it seems like some people wanna like compare crimes. "It's not like
he murdered anyone." While you can measure (and these "measurements" are
your own opinion.) the crimes, (Rape is worse than murder. Murder is
worse than armed robery. Armed robbery is worse than petty theft. etc.)
it still doesn't make a crime any less than a crime.

> --
> -=rOTTEN=-
>
> .since you put yourself on my dick,
> .i'll put my nuts on your chin

Hahahah... I can honestly say that that is the most distasteful sig I
have ever seen.
--
a.k.a. : jmar...@ripco.com; ojen...@aol.com
E-MAIL :
jmar...@ameritech.SPAM.THE.WONDER.WHAT.THE.HELL.IT.IS.MEAT.net
ICQ # : 6811820
WEB PAGE: "The Web Page You Have Reached"
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/4348/
Telephone sounds/recordings.
Recently totally redesigned!
Updated weekly!

These people say "Mmmmm... I like my spam on 2 pieces of lightly toasted
white bread."
gwanote...@ameritech.net, gw...@juno.com, gwa...@aol.com,
gwanote...@ameritech.net, gw...@juno.com, gwa...@aol.com

Patrick Opdebeeck

unread,
Jan 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/13/98
to

He may have anything he wants except a computer
Jennifer Martino heeft geschreven in bericht
<34BA4A...@ameritech.net>...

>This is directly addressed to the UNICEF hackers, PANTS/AGIS and all
>other people hacking for the Mitnick "cause:"
>
>Hacking UNICEF, a non-for-profit organization that helps mankind, did
>exactly what you wanted it to do. Gave you even more publicity. But
>unlike the Fox hack (and depending on your opinions, (*I* thought it was
>pretty damn funny) the Yahoo! hack), this gave you BAD publicity which
>will do more harm for your "cause" than good. Especially when there are
>so many "computer illiterate" people out there. Those people were prolly
>saying (before they knew that logic bomb was fake) "See. It's a good
>thing that Mitnick guy is in jail. He's capable of even MORE than that?"

'Machina' R. Whitney

unread,
Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98
to

>
>>>Well, I want to know what's up with all the 13tt3rZ and shit! Hackers
>>>are smarter, why not write in good grammer to show computer illiterates
>>>that we arn't dumb idiots that can play with a computer. We shouldn't be
>>>putting on media shows (and then of course Kevin becomes Micheal, but I
>>>don't think that was do to bad spelling on any of the hacks)
>>>
>>>-codefreez
>
>Gotta agree with you there.
>
>Out of curiousity, do you realize you misspelled 4 words?
>
>Just picking nits.
>
--Not to mention your that your grammar sucks also. "write in good grammar?"
You'd make a great poster child for why you SHOULD pay attention in school.

Machina
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Get up! Your asleep at the WHEEL!"
--Bloodhound Gang

jay

unread,
Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98
to


>--Not to mention your that your grammar sucks also. "write in good
grammar?"
>You'd make a great poster child for why you SHOULD pay attention in school.
>
>Machina
>--

Not to mention your that your.......WHAT!

Sorry just getting in on the act ;o)

Jay


codfreez

unread,
Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98
to

'Machina' R. Whitney wrote:

> >Out of curiousity, do you realize you misspelled 4 words?
> >
> >Just picking nits.

Well, at least I'm not spelling with numbers. I myself am not all that
great at spelling, but when I write, it's legible.

> --Not to mention your that your grammar sucks also. "write in good grammar?"
> You'd make a great poster child for why you SHOULD pay attention in school.

I don't think that's inappropriate use. I suppose you could say "write
using good grammar."

Grammar is different in different areas of the world, so I may be wrong
by how you say it.

And I *do* pay attention in school, but I'm not going to argue further.

-codefreez

codefreez

unread,
Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98
to

Goddammit..I just realized I miss-typed my name. My face is red. ;-)

-codefreez

Brian Grant

unread,
Jan 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/15/98
to

codefreez wrote:
>
> Goddammit..I just realized I miss-typed my name. My face is red. ;-)
>
> -codefreez
>
> codfreez wrote:
> >

Glad you caught it. A frozen codpiece can be excruciating :-)

'Machina' R. Whitney

unread,
Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98
to

>>--Not to mention your that your grammar sucks also. "write in good
>grammar?"
>>You'd make a great poster child for why you SHOULD pay attention in school.
>>
>>Machina
>>--
>
>Not to mention your that your.......WHAT!
>
>Sorry just getting in on the act ;o)

Yeah, I know.. thats what I get for switching what I was going to say, and
not going back and editing it. I didn't see my mistake until after I had
posted. Dammit!

drifter

unread,
Jan 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/16/98
to

lets address the problem at hand.
now i can put myself where kevin is but please do not do any destructive
hacking on his behalf. wait until the time is right. why cant we unite when we
need to ?

Evian S. Sim wrote:

> http://www.hacked.net/news.html
>
> UNICEF EXPLOITED
>
> UNICEF's web site located on line at http://www.unicef.org/ was exploited
> late Wednesday evening.
>
> The attack (http://www.hacked.net/exp/org/unicef/) parodies several things
> including the recent free Kevin Mitnick Yahoo attack
> (http://www.hacked.net/exp/com/yahoo/).
>
> The spoof ransom note says that if Kevin is not set free by groundhog's
> day..."20 supermodels from around the world, kate moss, naomi campbell,
> tyra banks, to name a few, t0 be our h1tmen. we kn0 these little w4ify
> girlz are just st4rving f0r a meal s0 we m4de them an offer th3y c0uldn't
> resist. free f00d. every d4y th4t kevin is imprison3d bey0nd febru4ry 2nd
> our starving m0delz will g0rge themselves 0n 100 st4rving 3rd w0rld
> children."
>
> Mitnick "was not pleased"
> (http://zdtv.zdnet.com/zdtv/Site/StoryFrameSet/0,1163,162,00.html) by the
> recent Yahoo attack. The attack also poked fun at the MADD org with
> D.A.M.M. [Drunkz Against Madd Mothers] and requested Mr. Belvedere be put
> back on network TV.


>
> Why a group like UNICEF would be targeted? is unknown. In 1997 Amnesty's
> website was also hijacked (http://www.hacked.net/exp/org/amnesty/) in an
> equally perplexing attack.
>

> -------------------==== Posted via Deja News ====-----------------------
> http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet


John A Hamilton

unread,
Jan 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/17/98
to

In article <69mun2$283$1...@nntp4.u.washington.edu>, 'Machina' R. Whitney
<mac...@u.washington.edu> writes

>>>--Not to mention your that your grammar sucks also. "write in good
>>grammar?"
>>>You'd make a great poster child for why you SHOULD pay attention in school.
>>>
>>>Machina
>>>--
>>
>>Not to mention your that your.......WHAT!
>>
>>Sorry just getting in on the act ;o)
>
>Yeah, I know.. thats what I get for switching what I was going to say, and
>not going back and editing it. I didn't see my mistake until after I had
>posted. Dammit!

re: "Not to mention your that your grammar sucks also"

Hey Machina, I thought this was a play with words ?

i.e. "don't teach your Granma to suck eggs"

--- but, perhaps this 'expression' is a local one ??
(can't teach an old dog new tricks ??? )
--
John A Hamilton <mailto:ha...@mahame.demon.co.uk>
"The Pentium Processor - Now you CAN divide by zero!" - Intel Inside

Phreedom

unread,
Jan 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/17/98
to

Your making conclusions...Mitnick hasn't been fuckin found guilty.
HE'S INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. You have no fuckin proof that he
did it. He should get a trial. not rot away 5 yrs before his case is
even brought up.

Jennifer Martino

unread,
Jan 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/17/98
to

Phreedom wrote:
>
> Your making conclusions...

Really I'm not. I don't think I ever implied that I thought it was
guilty. Especially since I really don't have an opinion on that.

> Mitnick hasn't been fuckin found guilty.
> HE'S INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. You have no fuckin proof that he
> did it.

Very true.

> He should get a trial. not rot away 5 yrs before his case is
> even brought up.

And not just him, but anyone.

> Jennifer Martino <jmar...@ameritech.net> wrote:
>
> >This is directly addressed to the UNICEF hackers, PANTS/AGIS and all
> >other people hacking for the Mitnick "cause:"
>
> >Hacking UNICEF, a non-for-profit organization that helps mankind, did
> >exactly what you wanted it to do. Gave you even more publicity. But
> >unlike the Fox hack (and depending on your opinions, (*I* thought it was
> >pretty damn funny) the Yahoo! hack), this gave you BAD publicity which
> >will do more harm for your "cause" than good. Especially when there are
> >so many "computer illiterate" people out there. Those people were prolly
> >saying (before they knew that logic bomb was fake) "See. It's a good
> >thing that Mitnick guy is in jail. He's capable of even MORE than that?"
> >I understand your arguments about Mitnick and how he is being treated
> >unfairly, but how I feel is that you do the crime, you do the time. He
> >shoulda thought about that before he got busted. The fact that he is a
> >hacker and not a murderer is besides the point. Do you want him to have
> >a cell with room service and a maid? That would kinda be against the
> >whole idea of jail, dont'cha think?
>
> >This whole thing is starting to resemble a cult. He's a fucking "legend"
> >(depending on your opinion) not a deity.

--
Wrath of God Hand Delivered
(But the $1,000 question is WHERE IS MY OTHER HAND!?!)

A CyberShaman

unread,
Jan 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/18/98
to

I have no proof that the earth is round, but I claim that it's true. If
you press me further I will tell you that I simplified things for the
purpose of your edification (do you believe me yet?). Eventually I'll
argue that the earth is 'basically eliptical' and that the center has
zero gravity.

Now, if I tell you that Kevin is guilty, do you believe me?

If you don't, can you name someone who is innocent?

P.S. - read the post if your looking for context to wrap around my words

Jennifer Martino

unread,
Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98
to

A CyberShaman wrote:
>
> I have no proof that the earth is round, but I claim that it's true. If
> you press me further I will tell you that I simplified things for the
> purpose of your edification (do you believe me yet?). Eventually I'll
> argue that the earth is 'basically eliptical' and that the center has
> zero gravity.
>
> Now, if I tell you that Kevin is guilty, do you believe me?

No.


> If you don't, can you name someone who is innocent?

hahahahaha... OJ!



> P.S. - read the post if your looking for context to wrap around my words

--
Jennifer Martino
"The Hit and Run Newsgroupper"
(So if you could post AND send a copy to my e-mail I would reeeeeaaaally
appreciate it.)

AOL MESSAGER: JenMartin0

WEB PAGE : "The Web Page You Have Reached"
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/4348/
Telephone sounds/recordings.

Updated weekly!

eagle95

unread,
Jan 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/22/98
to

opps...don't you feel dumb?


codefreez <codep...@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<34BE29...@hotmail.com>...

Harlequin

unread,
Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98
to

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 09:47:10 -0500, A CyberShaman wrote:
>I have no proof that the earth is round, but I claim that it's true. If
>you press me further I will tell you that I simplified things for the
>purpose of your edification (do you believe me yet?). Eventually I'll
>argue that the earth is 'basically eliptical' and that the center has
>zero gravity.
>Now, if I tell you that Kevin is guilty, do you believe me?
>If you don't, can you name someone who is innocent?
>P.S. - read the post if your looking for context to wrap around my words
>
>Jennifer Martino wrote:
>> Phreedom wrote:
>> > Your making conclusions...
>>
>> Really I'm not. I don't think I ever implied that I thought it was
>> guilty. Especially since I really don't have an opinion on that.
>>
>> > Mitnick hasn't been fuckin found guilty.
>> > HE'S INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. You have no fuckin proof that he
>> > did it.
>>
>> Very true.
>>
>> > He should get a trial. not rot away 5 yrs before his case is
>> > even brought up.
>>
>> And not just him, but anyone.
>> > Jennifer Martino <jmar...@ameritech.net> wrote:
>> > >This is directly addressed to the UNICEF hackers, PANTS/AGIS and all
>> > >other people hacking for the Mitnick "cause:"
...

>> > >I understand your arguments about Mitnick and how he is being treated
>> > >unfairly, but how I feel is that you do the crime, you do the time. He
>> > >shoulda thought about that before he got busted. The fact that he is a
>> > >hacker and not a murderer is besides the point. Do you want him to have
>> > >a cell with room service and a maid? That would kinda be against the
>> > >whole idea of jail, dont'cha think?
>> > >This whole thing is starting to resemble a cult. He's a fucking "legend"
>> > >(depending on your opinion) not a deity.

Yes, I believe you. I also disbelieve you. The opposite of those two
statements is also true.

Mr Mitnick is probably guilty of something. There are, however, things
that he's not guilty of. What has yet to be demonstrated is that he is
guilty of the specific crimes that the legal system is currently
accusing him of. In that context, I neither believe nor disbelieve
that he's guilty, but await further evidence.

Oh, and I think that Holly, my friend's unborn daughter, is probably
innocent (unless you want to take the "original sin" angle). My
doggie, Tara, is also innocent in many senses.

H.

Harlequin

unread,
Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98
to

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:30:41 -0800, kernal wrote:
>Anyone who thinks that Kevin is innocent is a Moron.

Strange. I feel rather the same about people who believe things
without studying the evidence. Unless, of course, they're equally
prepared to believe the opposite.

H.

Mayor McCheese

unread,
Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98
to

can someone tell me where to find this ,and how to use it to my
advantage?
thanx in advance for the help!

Dogma

unread,
Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98
to

Mayor McCheese <skin...@pop.erols.com> wrote in article
<34C879...@pop.erols.com>...

> can someone tell me where to find this ,and how to use it to my
> advantage?
> thanx in advance for the help!

The POD is not of any real use anymore. Most systems have had patches for a
long while. Essentially, it was the creation of a packet (65510 bytes),
fragmenting it and when they were rebuilt by the receiver (TCP), the packet
buffer would be overloaded. This caused various things to happen, ranging
from nothing to kernal-panic.

More info:

http://arena.cwnet.com/~zen/hack/txt/pingodeth.html

It was used by twats just to kill computers and by hackers to aviod
detection (and a few other interesting things). I did read of a hacker that
successfully configured a new user account. Whether or not this is bull, I
don't know for sure. However, I'm inclined to belive it, as the source is a
well respected old-timer.

Anyway, as I said, it's old tech and most (virtually all) systems have had
patches for a long time. Incidentally, this is what started people using
the OOB attack(s) to Windows boxes.


Zip311

unread,
Jan 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/23/98
to

I'm tired of how these bullshit politicians try to manke an example out of every
1

A CyberShaman wrote:

> I have no proof that the earth is round, but I claim that it's true. If
> you press me further I will tell you that I simplified things for the
> purpose of your edification (do you believe me yet?). Eventually I'll
> argue that the earth is 'basically eliptical' and that the center has
> zero gravity.
>
> Now, if I tell you that Kevin is guilty, do you believe me?
>
> If you don't, can you name someone who is innocent?
>
> P.S. - read the post if your looking for context to wrap around my words
>
> Jennifer Martino wrote:
> >
> > Phreedom wrote:
> > >
> > > Your making conclusions...
> >
> > Really I'm not. I don't think I ever implied that I thought it was
> > guilty. Especially since I really don't have an opinion on that.
> >
> > > Mitnick hasn't been fuckin found guilty.
> > > HE'S INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. You have no fuckin proof that he
> > > did it.
> >
> > Very true.
> >
> > > He should get a trial. not rot away 5 yrs before his case is
> > > even brought up.
> >
> > And not just him, but anyone.
> > > Jennifer Martino <jmar...@ameritech.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > >This is directly addressed to the UNICEF hackers, PANTS/AGIS and all
> > > >other people hacking for the Mitnick "cause:"
> > >

> > > >Hacking UNICEF, a non-for-profit organization that helps mankind, did
> > > >exactly what you wanted it to do. Gave you even more publicity. But
> > > >unlike the Fox hack (and depending on your opinions, (*I* thought it was
> > > >pretty damn funny) the Yahoo! hack), this gave you BAD publicity which
> > > >will do more harm for your "cause" than good. Especially when there are
> > > >so many "computer illiterate" people out there. Those people were prolly
> > > >saying (before they knew that logic bomb was fake) "See. It's a good
> > > >thing that Mitnick guy is in jail. He's capable of even MORE than that?"

> > > >I understand your arguments about Mitnick and how he is being treated
> > > >unfairly, but how I feel is that you do the crime, you do the time. He
> > > >shoulda thought about that before he got busted. The fact that he is a
> > > >hacker and not a murderer is besides the point. Do you want him to have
> > > >a cell with room service and a maid? That would kinda be against the
> > > >whole idea of jail, dont'cha think?
> > >
> > > >This whole thing is starting to resemble a cult. He's a fucking "legend"
> > > >(depending on your opinion) not a deity.
> >

> > --
> > Wrath of God Hand Delivered
> > (But the $1,000 question is WHERE IS MY OTHER HAND!?!)
> >

> > WEB PAGE: "The Web Page You Have Reached"
> > http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/4348/
> > Telephone sounds/recordings.

Micheal Brown

unread,
Jan 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/24/98
to

>> can someone tell me where to find this ,and how to use it to my
>> advantage?
>> thanx in advance for the help!
>
>More info:
>
>http://arena.cwnet.com/~zen/hack/txt/pingodeth.html
>
>It was used by twats just to kill computers and by hackers to aviod
>detection (and a few other interesting things). I did read of a hacker that
>successfully configured a new user account. Whether or not this is bull, I
>don't know for sure. However, I'm inclined to belive it, as the source is a
>well respected old-timer.
>
The most common uses I remember for POD were taking down IRC servers about 2
years ago and killing spammers mail servers over the past 6-12 months. As
you said, most systems are patched (except for stoopid spammers that haven't
been hit yet <g>)

Mayor McCheese

unread,
Jan 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/24/98
to

i found a wesite that haad them but the site went bad:(.....can someone
help me locate them?

Joey

unread,
Jan 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/24/98
to

great java site for java scripts!!!!!!!!

www.javascripts.com

Mayor McCheese wrote in message <34CA2A...@pop.erols.com>...

Mickey Mouse

unread,
Jan 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/24/98
to

Windows 95 is a nice hostile applet, and we're all glad its not in java...or
it would run everywhere....hahahahhahaha....now, I shouldn't say that cause
I'm writing from Windoze but my little home net here has 2 linuxes and one
win95 so its only 33% hostile....the problem is i don't see picture
attachments when i read alt.binaries.pictures.sex in linux, and Windoze
shows the girlz right on load :))....as for real java ones......did you know
Microsoft's J/Direct native method api lets you call natives from Java
applets? It's on Dr.Dobbs this month.....but anyways fuck this post, what is
it about anyway? ....oh yes hostile java.... I don't know...try altavista
baby .....what does J/Direct have to do? Well have you tried DeleteFileA
and DeleteFileW from KERNEL32 ??? Yes it works in Java applets, but only in
Explorer 4.0! Isn't it great?!

GraiveLeeMorbid

unread,
Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98
to

Micheal Brown wrote in message


>The most common uses I remember for POD were taking down IRC servers about
2
>years ago and killing spammers mail servers over the past 6-12 months. As
>you said, most systems are patched (except for stoopid spammers that
haven't
>been hit yet <g>)


I had it about a year ago. All it did to me was give me horrid
ping during online gaming. I would ping from 600-30,000. But then I
downloaded the patch, and then my ping was normal again. It didn't do
anything else to me.

Graive


GraiveLeeMorbid

unread,
Jan 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/31/98
to

kernal wrote in message <34C79E...@uofw.ca>...


>Anyone who thinks that Kevin is innocent is a Moron.

I think he's mainly charged with what he could of done than what
he did do. Yes he was a hacker, but he never used any of the credit card
numbers, and he wouldn't have said the psychological profiles.
I don't see too much wrong it what he did. I see him more as a
snooper and a show off. Although I think he should do time for hacking.
I would he has served his time just waiting for a trial. I think
there are a number of injustices surrounding his case. I wouldn't say he's
innocent....but he certainly doesn't deserve the treatment he's gotten.


Graive


Austen

unread,
Feb 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/10/98
to

GraiveLeeMorbid wrote:

> Graive

How can you possibly worship someone like this?
I think anyone that really knew who he was and what he did would realise
that he is in prison because he got caught.. Silly enough to get caught?
You decide on that one..
This is full of illegal activities you have to recongnize as soon as you hit
that
button. He fell short, got caught. His own fault.
Threatening to "take down the world if he is not released.."
This is crap. My friend fucked up and got celled..
If you so believe you can do this.. what is holding you back from
doing it right now? Or before? Dont use the excuse that someone got put
in jail to let your "skills" out.
phlaaaaames all you like...

dAEMON8

0 new messages