Microsoft "Improves" Hotmail by switching it to buggy Outlook

David Powell

Mar 18, 2013, 5:31:59 PM3/18/13
Outlook sucks and attachments won't work!

The web is full of complainers!

Bring back Hotmail, Microsoft!

Someone mentioned legal action, not sure it is possible, but man Microsoft has messed up a lot of people!

Andreas Baumgartner

Mar 22, 2013, 7:39:29 AM3/22/13
Funny understatement. I think the real problem is, that mail was not
invented by microsoft, so they or the investors have to start grassroot
campaigns to discredit the dying species of mail users as the evil
hackers.

Greets, Andreas

David Powell

Mar 23, 2013, 6:31:50 PM3/23/13
Thank you, Andreas.

The way Microsoft has been reacting to this makes me think you may be right.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-email/im-not-able-to-work-with-attachments-in-outlookcom/1b2d932d-c507-4a2e-b8cd-649389b46fb8

<http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-email/im-not-able-to-work-with-attachments-in-outlookcom/1b2d932d-c507-4a2e-b8cd-649389b46fb8>

The way Microsoft has gone about dealing with the complaints has been to blame all users for any problems, then say the problem was fixed, and when people say that "fix" didn't work refer them back to the same "solution" that didn't work (Always entailing hoops for the user to jump through) and/or just ignoring the complaints.

What is amazing is that they haven't just done a couple keystrokes and taken it all back to Hotmail which would seem the easiest solution.

Andreas Baumgartner

Mar 24, 2013, 3:33:24 PM3/24/13
Am Sat, 23 Mar 2013 15:31:50 -0700 (PDT) schrieb David Powell:

> The way Microsoft has gone about dealing with the complaints has been
> to blame all users for any problems, then say the problem was fixed,
> and when people say that "fix" didn't work refer them back to the
> same "solution" that didn't work (Always entailing hoops for the user
> to jump through) and/or just ignoring the complaints.

I think i know exactly what you are talking about. A technically
untalented person consulted me to get her hotmail address working
again. It occured a nerve-killing experience for me. And this, even
though I had already set up mail accounts more than a decade ago and
know a lot about the technical details behind the scenery. Even after
several attempts, we have not been able to help her in a other way than
setting up a new mail account at a other mail provider. And there is
not much of a choice for providers, these days. I can confirm the given
"solution" guides from Microsoft are (intentionally?) broken. In
addition, no _working_ possibility was given to complain.

Greets, Andreas

David Powell

Mar 27, 2013, 5:15:13 PM3/27/13
I agree. I have set up two other email accounts, none of which have
the capability the old Hotmail did.

Outlook remains unreliable. Attachments mostly do not work - When they
do attach the people I send them to have problems downloading them.
Reliability is still a joke and it has been nearly a month.

I have used the other accounts and also my library and church's
computers to try to get around it. Microsoft's approach to this is
boggling me.

Also Outlook does not have the postable graphics and pictures Hotmail
did, regarding clip art, small theme pictures etc.

As I am an officer in a Square Dance club I use those for
announcements and the like, Easter, Columbus Day, themes, Valentine's
Day. Outlook is a disaster in every way for me.

What boggles me is that with a quick switch back to Hotmail Microsoft
could solve all the problems. They seem intent on deliberately chasing
the customer base away. Many of these people have been users of their
product for years. They also may go to non-Microsoft products in any
areas. I have reached my limit with this company if they don't get
Hotmail back on line soon.

Thank you for listening Andreas, I wish Microsoft would. Enough people
are complaining (The ones who can, as you said it took me forever to
find any kind of Microsoft forum, and even there they don't seem to be
actually listening to the complaints, which are rooted in serious
issues from many users.)

David

Andreas Baumgartner

Apr 3, 2013, 4:58:16 PM4/3/13
Am Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:15:13 -0700 (PDT) schrieb David Powell:

> [...]
> As I am an officer in a Square Dance club I use those for
> announcements and the like, Easter, Columbus Day, themes, Valentine's
> Day. Outlook is a disaster in every way for me.

Sounds interesting. Maybe i should get some dance lessons anyway.
When do you start up a Square Dance Club near Germany? :-)

> What boggles me is that with a quick switch back to Hotmail Microsoft
> could solve all the problems. They seem intent on deliberately chasing
> the customer base away. Many of these people have been users of their
> product for years. They also may go to non-Microsoft products in any
> areas. I have reached my limit with this company if they don't get
> Hotmail back on line soon.
> [...]

I could imagine it is intended to boggle mail users in general, and not
only hotmail users. When i look back in time, it seems to me as if
unfair competition has always been a main proposition at MS. It is not
enough to have success at MS; Others are not allowed to have success
beside of MS.

Sometimes some courts throw cotton balls as revenge for the unfair
competition. Such cotton balls like at 6. of March; Microsoft Fined EUR
561 Million By The European Union:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/03/06/links-6-march-microsoft-fined-e-561-million-by-the-european-commission/

I guess there is also a unfair conclusion between Miscrosoft and the
north american states government, which seems to opportunistically
sanction countries as soon as there could appear a valuable
non-US competitor on the world market (ETRON in this case):

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/31855.html

Greets, Andreas Baumgartner

jonathan.be...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2013, 8:16:27 AM6/23/13
Half the time i try to log in i can't get in it goes to a blank white page, hit refresh goes to login screen login again it goes to white page again, damn nuisance this new outlook. They should have tested it first but it is Microsoft and they are notorious for releasing inferior products we all remember vista!

David Powell

Jul 9, 2013, 11:40:15 PM7/9/13
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:58:16 PM UTC-4, Andreas Baumgartner wrote:
> Am Wed, 27 Mar 2013 14:15:13 -0700 (PDT) schrieb David Powell:
>

> > [...]
>
> > As I am an officer in a Square Dance club I use those for
>
> > announcements and the like, Easter, Columbus Day, themes, Valentine's
>
> > Day. Outlook is a disaster in every way for me.
>

> Sounds interesting. Maybe i should get some dance lessons anyway.
>
> When do you start up a Square Dance Club near Germany? :-)

Andreas, there are a bunch of Square Dance Clubs in Germany! It is one of the big areas for Square Dance actually :)

> > What boggles me is that with a quick switch back to Hotmail Microsoft
>
> > could solve all the problems. They seem intent on deliberately chasing
>
> > the customer base away. Many of these people have been users of their
>
> > product for years. They also may go to non-Microsoft products in any
>
> > areas. I have reached my limit with this company if they don't get
>
> > Hotmail back on line soon.
>
> > [...]
>

> I could imagine it is intended to boggle mail users in general, and not
>
> only hotmail users. When i look back in time, it seems to me as if
>
> unfair competition has always been a main proposition at MS. It is not
>
> enough to have success at MS; Others are not allowed to have success
>
> beside of MS.

The problem is this has chased me everywhere but MS and I suspect I am not alone.

> Sometimes some courts throw cotton balls as revenge for the unfair
>
> competition. Such cotton balls like at 6. of March; Microsoft Fined EUR
>
> 561 Million By The European Union:
>

> http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/03/06/links-6-march-microsoft-fined-e-561-million-by-the-european-commission/
>

> I guess there is also a unfair conclusion between Miscrosoft and the
>
> north american states government, which seems to opportunistically
>
> sanction countries as soon as there could appear a valuable
>
> non-US competitor on the world market (ETRON in this case):
>

> http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/31855.html
>

> Greets, Andreas Baumgartner

Could be. Maybe they count on being the biggest to insulate them from technical failures and poor customer service. I have seen that fail in a lot of companies before.

alexpt...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2018, 10:29:40 PM6/2/18
Microsoft is in so much trouble with what is happening in the Elections, there is a criminal complaint against them is very very serious where billgates himself is accused of using Police to infiltrate companies to defraud them of any tech that is worth it and for using US Regulators (lawyers) that are actually working for both microsoft and the DOJ, which is how billgates gets away with his crime, then he just pays off the clinton foundation for $150 million and comey and the rest of the FBI then go after the complainer.

its sad how billgates operates and it is true, he personally has never developed anything, in fact right from the start it has been Steven Jobs and Wazniak with the operating system and the entire entertainment division is based on technology developed by Alex P. Thorn, this include self replicating webpages which facebook is based on as is linkedin.

I read the Crimnal Complaint and it is as serious as it can get.

I personally think eventually bill gates will end up in jail and it will be for a very long time.

Especially seeing what he is doing to President Trump.

Once they get Mueller out of the way, i am quite sure Donald Trump will go after him for what he has done to Donald Family with the Murdoch bill gates controlled mainstream media.

honestly i can't wait for that day. i hope it is soon, so i can go and visit him in jail and laugh at his corrupt ass.

Poetic justice is come for billgates that satanic pedophile and he deserves to be jailed for the rest of his life.