Hayes Patent to be chanlleged

Carl M Kadie

May 27, 1993, 7:25:17 PM5/27/93
A short excerpt from a Newsbytes article:

Subject: Comdex - Hayes Faces New Legal Challenge 05/26/93
ATLANTA, GEORGIA, U.S.A., 1993 MAY 25 (NB)
[...]
Harold Krall, president of Cardinal Technologies, a smaller competitor
based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, acknowledged to Newsbytes on the
floor of the Spring Comdex trade show that his company will challenge
the patent on the basis of obviousness.
[...]
"This stuff was done in the 1850s with the telegraph. This technique
of waiting for a specific signal was common 100 years ago. We can't
believe people would pay millions to license this."
[...]
--
Carl Kadie -- I do not represent any organization; this is just me.
= ka...@cs.uiuc.edu =

KP2 KP2

Nov 7, 2023, 8:55:08 PM11/7/23
interesting.