"Here Comes Suzy Snowflake" trivia question

Stephen Bunt

Dec 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/17/95
I have been intriqued by a Christmas trivia question which I cannot
find an answer and hopefully someone out there is much more versed
than I.

Who made the song "Here comes Suzy Snowflake" famous?

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

bun...@inforamp.net

MDurning

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95
In article <30d48835...@news.inforamp.net>,

Stephen Bunt <bun...@inforamp.net> wrote:
>I have been intriqued by a Christmas trivia question which I cannot
>find an answer and hopefully someone out there is much more versed
>than I.
>
>Who made the song "Here comes Suzy Snowflake" famous?

Ummmmmm, how famous is famous? I have never heard of the song
myself (or maybe I am from the same deprived planet as Roger?? :-)

--
Marijke -webpage under construction: www.geopages.com/Paris/1325

|| Parents who feel lucky in their children usually ||
|| have children who are lucky in their parents... ||

Stephen Bunt

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95

>>I have been intriqued by a Christmas trivia question which I cannot
>>find an answer and hopefully someone out there is much more versed
>>than I.
>>
>>Who made the song "Here comes Suzy Snowflake" famous?
>>

> Ummmmmm, how famous is famous? I have never heard of the song
>myself (or maybe I am from the same deprived planet as Roger?? :-)

All I know is that it is a children's Christmas tune (non-religious).
There was also a cartoon called Suzy Snowflake which I believe it was
derived. This is more information than even I care to know but I
think I need to know the artist?

William M. Whelan

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95

I love this song and have sung it since my childhood. I have it on a
record (yes, record) and will look it up and see who sang it (though it
may not be the original person.) The record is at my parents house. I
will be there by Thursday and will send the name if I can access my
newreader from their computer. My sister's name is Suzie, so this song
had special significance for us.

Want the words?

Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Dressed in her snow-white gown
Tap, tap, tapping on your window pane
To tell you she's in town.

Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Soon you will hear her say,
"Come on! everyone and play with me,
I haven't long to stay."

If you want to make a snowman
I'll help you make one
One, two, three.
If you want to take a sleigh ride
The ride's on me.

Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Look at her tumbling down
Bringing joy to every girl and boy
Su..zy..comes..to..town.

I thought every knew this song. Heck, maybe it's an age thing :)
(But I'm only 29.)

Michelle Cottreau (using Bill's account)
Mother to Hayley, 21 months.

David Turner

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95
In article <30d48835...@news.inforamp.net> bun...@inforamp.net (Stephen Bunt) writes:

>Who made the song "Here comes Suzy Snowflake" famous?
>
>bun...@inforamp.net

My wife tortures me with this and other cornball songs from her twisted
childhood (no, she doesn't read misc.kids, so I can say that).

I believe the version she abuses me with is by none other than:

Rosemary Clooney

What do I win? DT

---
David Turner
dtu...@sca.com

sue marquette poremba

Dec 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/19/95
>>All I know is that it is a children's Christmas tune (non-religious).
>>There was also a cartoon called Suzy Snowflake which I believe it was
>>derived. This is more information than even I care to know but I
>>think I need to know the artist?
>
>I love this song and have sung it since my childhood. I have it on a
>record (yes, record) and will look it up and see who sang it (though it
>may not be the original person.) The record is at my parents house. I
>will be there by Thursday and will send the name if I can access my
>newreader from their computer. My sister's name is Suzie, so this song
>had special significance for us.

On snowy days like today, people over 35 sing "here comes Suzy Snowflake"
whenever I walk in a room . . .

One of our local tv stations plays this black and white cartoon in the winter,
usually during the news. I remember it being on when I was a kid -- and my
family saying it was my theme song :( My eyes almost fell out of my head
when I saw it again.

Sue Poremba (mom to Kristi and Dylan, aka Teddy)

David Arnett

Dec 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/19/95
Stephen Bunt (bun...@inforamp.net) wrote:
: I have been intriqued by a Christmas trivia question which I cannot

: find an answer and hopefully someone out there is much more versed
: than I.

: Who made the song "Here comes Suzy Snowflake" famous?

: Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

: bun...@inforamp.net

I saw this performed on the Lawrence Welk Christmas special a couple of
years ago. I can't remember the name of the singer, however.
--
David Arnett <bo...@torfree.net>
North York, Ontario, Canada.

Energo Ed

Dec 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/21/95
I love that song and video. Yes video(maybe film). It was an animation,
like Gumby was. I used to watch it on *GARFIELD GOOSE*, a children's show
from Chicago back in the 50's and 60's. They would also show one about
tree elves. Hargrove? Coco, and Joe. There was one about Frosty the
Snowman.

Ed

Lynne Chantler

Dec 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/21/95
Ok, I remember this song, sort of

Here comes Suzy Snowflake
Dressed in her snow whiter gown
Rap-tap tapping at the window pane
As she comes tumbling down.

Now, what are the rest of the words?

--
Lynne Chantler l...@xap.xyplex.com

Mom to Grace (12/20/91)

"When you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is
time to stop and reconsider."
- Mark Twain

U18...@uicvm.uic.edu

Dec 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/21/95
I dont know who did Suzy Snowflake but I'd like to report a sighting!

Thats right! I saw it!! The actual cartoon/video was on the Bozo Super
Sunday Show here in Chicago last week! I couldnt believe it - what a lame
animation.

Anyway - it was a blast from my childhood, and I plan on watching for it and
taping it for this Sunday!

-paul

terrys...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2018, 10:57:52 AM6/5/18
Rosemary Clooney in 1951. She re-recorded it in 1978.

blankd...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2019, 4:46:12 AM12/23/19
Well I remember first seeing the video on Chicago's own children's show of "Garfield Goose".