Brain goes to mush when pregnant? Not true!! posting by author, Tracy Chevalier

jid

Sep 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/13/99
Hi,

They told me I'd never be able to do any brain work when I was
pregnant. Not true, I finished a novel - just.

I'd be really grateful for feedback on my website which my sister
designed to support my novel, Girl With A Pearl Earring, which has
just come out in HarperCollins in the UK.

The story is about the maid who sat for THAT painting by the artist
Vermeer and her relationship with him. Many thanks to the London
Guardian newspaper for calling the book "profoundly erotic". I'm
actually not sure they're right about that - they said some other kind
things too about the representation of the maid Griet's life but I'm
sure those are the words that will catch folks' eyes...

Anyway, as I said, I'd be interested in comments about the book, or
the site. I'm working on a third historical novel now, and it would be
useful to have some comments - positive or negative!

All the best,
Tracy Chevalier
http://www.pearlearring.com

(please take out the nospams before replying)

Kaleralee

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Congrats on the baby AND the novel!

It's true that the brain cells shrink during pregnancy... nobody knows why, or
whether that's truly responsible for "pregnancy brain". Last time I was
pregnant, my vocabulary and spelling started to disintegrate toward the end...
took months before they returned, and I seemed to lose my powers of persuasion
and debate. This time, my verbal and, thankfully, political acuity seem to have
remained intact, but my memory is LOST.

In article <37dd548a...@news.demon.co.uk>,
j...@NOSPAM.chevalier.NOSPAM.demon.co.uk wrote:

>Hi,
>
>They told me I'd never be able to do any brain work when I was
>pregnant. Not true, I finished a novel - just.
>
>I'd be really grateful for feedback on my website which my sister
>designed to support my novel, Girl With A Pearl Earring, which has
>just come out in HarperCollins in the UK.

-Kalera
Mommy of Juliet, 1/29/98, and Sam, EDD 10/10/99
http://www.geocities.com/soho/gallery/5502