How much do babies drool?

Daisy Duke

Jun 10, 2001, 10:42:19 PM6/10/01
I know this is a strange question, so bear with me. But I really don't know if
babies normally drool, or if it's only when they're teething. For the past
several weeks I've had the suspicion that Jess is teething, even though she's
*extremely* young for it. And my grandmother, God bless her, is *positive*
she's gonna get a tooth soon.
Anyway, she's started drooling in the past few days, and she's never done this
before. So do all babies start to drool around this point, 10-11 weeks, or is
it just a sign of teething?

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 11 weeks

Alison Finkelstein

Jun 10, 2001, 11:11:40 PM6/10/01
in article 20010610224219...@ng-fq1.aol.com, Daisy Duke at
mugsy...@aol.com wrote on 6/10/01 10:42 PM:

Binyamin can fill a pool :) he has been drooling since about 3 months. He
finally broke a tooth at 7 months.
:)
Don't worry bout it..its normal.

--
Alison Finkelstein
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance...It's the soul
afraid of dying that never learns to live."

Daisy Duke

Jun 10, 2001, 11:59:07 PM6/10/01

>They don't just dribble when they are teething. They start dribbling
>when the saliva making reflex starts, about 2-4 months. They keep
>dribbling until they learn to swallow, at around 2.

>Michelle

Thanks Michelle. I guess she's probably not teething then.

M. Shroyer

Jun 11, 2001, 12:01:37 AM6/11/01
I don't know about all babies, but Luke (DOB 2/28) is blowing spit bubbles
like mad and soaking the front of all his shirts. He's shoving his hands
in his mouth and screeching. He's also got a rash on his chin & neck from
all the slobber... from what I remember of DD, I think we have a tooth on
the way! I think it took at least a month for DD to get each of her teeth
in though so we probably have several more weeks of this!

MJ

Pooh

Jun 11, 2001, 2:50:17 AM6/11/01
ahah MJ!

Rachel is just a little older than Luke (DOB 2/16) and she also has a rash
all over her chin/neck/cheeks. she is also a mad dribbler & bubble smiler!

i have been driving the group mad with this question but i guess it appears
as Luke & Rachel have the saame thing going on i might just ask you too

have you discovered anything eg. a cream that will get rid of the yukky rash
or do i put up with it til she stops dribbling?? which appears to be when
she is about 2 (sigh)

thanks

fiona
mummy to rachel rose (16 feb 2001)

"M. Shroyer" <msh...@emory.edu> wrote in message

Esther Paris

Jun 11, 2001, 8:08:52 AM6/11/01
Just try to keep it dry. As far as I know, the rash is
mainly like a mild chapping from all the wet drool and
rubbing.

So, pop fresh bibs on all day, and wipe the face
periodically when it starts to look all slimy.

That's my tactic, any way. I'm the mom to "Sliming Simon",
The Drool and Spitup King. (also Born 2/16.)

Esther

TaraDanielle

Jun 11, 2001, 9:16:15 AM6/11/01
Hi
My DR said to switch the side he sleeps on each night, as he ALWAYS
goes on his left. Also, during his bath I wash that area with his
soap and rinse it (I used to not put soap on his face). He's really
drooling and blowing bubbles too. I bought a bib with a teeething toy
attached.
Tara

Marie

Jun 11, 2001, 9:21:15 AM6/11/01
11 weeks isn't exactly extremely young for teething, both my daughters had
their first two teeth at two months old (they got two at a time). I wouldn't
rule that out.
Marie

"Daisy Duke" <mugsy...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ann

Jun 11, 2001, 9:26:14 AM6/11/01
My nephew was the drooliest baby I ever knew .... I think he wore bibs
constantly from birth to a year and a half! But his sister (9 mos.) is not
drooly at all, guess it depends on the babe!

Ann

Ericka Kammerer

Jun 11, 2001, 2:45:11 PM6/11/01

Many babies drool copiously at this point, and it can still
take them *months* before a tooth shows up. I don't know if
the drooling is unrelated to the teething, or if those first
teeth just take that long to come through, but your situation
sounds very normal to me and I wouldn't bank on a tooth
showing up in the near future. (It might, but I wouldn't
count on it.)

Take care,
Ericka

--
The return address on this message works, but it goes to an
account I weed out only on occasion. To send me email, send to

M. Shroyer

Jun 11, 2001, 3:34:31 PM6/11/01
I do the same as Esther, rinse his face with clear water often and dab it
dry as much as I can...I've never tried anything else. Sorry I can't
help! Any cream you put on their faces would probably get eaten off whiel
they chew on their hands anyway. :-)

MJ

bee ewe t-ful mom

Jun 11, 2001, 10:19:45 PM6/11/01
I asked my ped about it and she said that because they have no teeth, there's
nothing to hold the drool in so, especially once they start holding their head
up and sitting up, it seems like they're drooling a lot. Mine is doing it to
- she especially likes to slurp on my wrist/forearm as I hold her sitting on
my lap. Good thing I love her - it's gross.

- Jess
Deborah 8-99
Rachel 1-01

In article <20010610224219...@ng-fq1.aol.com>, mugsy...@aol.com

"Adorable children are considered to be the general property
of the human race. Rude children belong strictly to their
mothers." - Judith Martin, aka Miss Manners

eriqu...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2018, 8:02:01 AM8/2/18
Teething in babies refers to the appearance of the first teeth through the gums of the baby. The way baby's teeth differs to a great extent which is why it is important to know all about teething so that you can offer your child every comfort while he/she is teething. Babies usually start teething at the age of 6 months. The process may, however, begin as soon as 3 months and may get as delayed as 12 months. The first teeth to appear are the lower front ones (also known as incisors), followed by the appearance of top two middle ones and then the ones on the side and back. The order is not strictly followed, though. The complete set of primary teeth, consisting of 20 teeth, appears by the age of 3 years. The permanent teeth start coming in at the age of 6 years.

For more on teething and simple steps to help relieve the discomfort associated with teething in babies, click the link below :)

http://www.best4babyandmom.com/article6.shtml
http://www.best4babyandmom.com/teething.php