parental control software

1 view

Michael Roman

May 3, 2004, 11:32:12 AM5/3/04
I've done some research on parental internet control software for the
Mac and have so far only turned up Cyber Patrol Intego Content Barrier
and SurfWatch. Is there anything else out there for the Mac, and more
importantly, what works well and what doesn't?

--
Michael Roman
mr...@cornell.edu

R. Steve Walz

May 3, 2004, 10:16:22 PM5/3/04
Michael Roman wrote:

> I've done some research on parental internet control software for the
> Mac and have so far only turned up Cyber Patrol Intego Content Barrier
> and SurfWatch. Is there anything else out there for the Mac, and more
> importantly, what works well and what doesn't?
> Michael Roman
--------------------
Get out of here you sick SPAMMER!!
Steve

Jacques Michel

May 4, 2004, 4:15:44 AM5/4/04
Michael Roman <mr...@cornell.edu> wrote in message news:<mrr1-B7FC89.1...@newsstand.cit.cornell.edu>...

> I've done some research on parental internet control software for the
> Mac and have so far only turned up Cyber Patrol Intego Content Barrier
> and SurfWatch. Is there anything else out there for the Mac, and more
> importantly, what works well and what doesn't?

I have a mac and NO parental control software installed. I simply told
my children about the Internet and that they could always come to me
if they found something they thought was disturbing and I will
explain. Of course, I don't think that seeing naked women will arm
them.

I did warn them on the dangers of discussion forums.

As to control, they don't usually surf behind closed doors (we have a
wireless connection, so they take the Ibook in the living room). If
needs be, I can also check the history in Safari. This is the simplest
and most effective check.

My youngest one (6) thinks that google borders on magic.