Stimulate your baby's curiosity and cognitive development

Kumi

Jun 22, 2004, 3:34:54 AM6/22/04
Wouldn't it be great if you could help your baby explore her new world
and stimulate her development during her favorite routine activities?

Your baby learns about her new environment by observing people and
things around her…and her most favorite thing to look at is, of
course, YOU. When you feed her, hold her or play with her, she's
always looking at you, and that includes what you are wearing, too.

Both of my children (now 2 and 5 yrs) have always loved to look at
what I wear, especially T-shirts with interesting graphics printed on
them. Ever since they were babies, they always wanted me to "point
and tell" about my T-shirt graphics. One of their favorite games
still is to be "quizzed" on the letters on our shirts (not to brag,
but they both mastered their alphabet by the time they were 2 years
old—I truly think that's because I always presented them and "quizzed"
them every so often using anything available, including T-shirt
graphics, posters, magazines, etc. Now my 5 year old reads chapter
books by himself and my 2 year old recognizes some words!).

So I created Teaching Tees™, T-shirts with graphics that are fun,
visually stimulating for babies and young children, but not too
embarrassing for parents to wear. Come take a look at my website,
www.teaching-tees.com to see some of the designs! Please contact me
if you have any suggestions or comments. I will keep creating more
new designs.

Di

Jun 29, 2004, 9:16:03 AM6/29/04
I think it's great to stimulate children this way. Maybe it would be a
good idea to develop some t-shirts with words in different languages,
as children really enjoy this kind of activies.
i am Spanish and my husband is English so our children speak both
languages and I found that they are very interested in learning
another languages. You could also make t-shirts for them.