Print Shop, Print Shop Deluxe, Print Shop Ensemble, whar are the difference

sshaw

Nov 23, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/23/96

My son (10 years old) need a creativity software for his school work.
We have shopped around this afternoon and found there are many Print
Shop softwares by Broderbund with vary prices. For example, a store
have Print Shop for $29.95, Print Shop Deluxe II ($49.95), Print Shop
Ensemble II ($79.95), Print Shop Deluxe III ($29.95), and Print Shop
Ensemble III ($49.95). Can some one tell me what are the dirrerence
between those "Print Shops"? Are they all stand alone? Do I need the
Print Shop as the base and others are add on's? Are the Deluxe
(Ensemble) III the newer version of the Deluxe (Ensemble) II? Why do
they sell old version for more?

By the ways, is the Print Artist (Sierra On-Line) better that Print
Shop? Any help are greatly appreciate.

Bill Rubin

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96
to sshaw

sshaw wrote:

> My son (10 years old) need a creativity software for his school work.
> We have shopped around this afternoon and found there are many Print
> Shop softwares by Broderbund with vary prices. For example, a store
> have Print Shop for $29.95, Print Shop Deluxe II ($49.95), Print Shop
> Ensemble II ($79.95), Print Shop Deluxe III ($29.95), and Print Shop
> Ensemble III ($49.95). Can some one tell me what are the dirrerence
> between those "Print Shops"? Are they all stand alone? Do I need the
> Print Shop as the base and others are add on's? Are the Deluxe
> (Ensemble) III the newer version of the Deluxe (Ensemble) II? Why do
> they sell old version for more?

Yes, there is a new version and the III copies are new and the II are
old. The Ensembles tend to come with more art and add-ons.

> By the ways, is the Print Artist (Sierra On-Line) better that Print
> Shop? Any help are greatly appreciate.

I had Print Artists and REALLY like it. I could never really get "into"
Print Shop but was using Print Artist productively almost immediately...
my kids, too. I would definitely recommend it over PSD. And I believe
that the base package there includes all of the art and add-ons. BTW,
the latest version is 4. If you see PA 3 around, it had been be very
cheap, since it's only stock. Oh.. there is also Print Artist 1500 which
was a watered down version of PA 3. It sold for $15-20 and had (I
believe) all of the function of the full product but not as much art.

If you want something for kids, there's the Crayola Art Studio 2 and Kid
Pix Studio. However, when we needed to find some pictures for an art
project of my daughters (9) a few weeks ago, we printed some cartoon
looking stuff in Kid Pix and then went to Print Artist where we found
much more professional looking pictures.

Bill

swe...@cris.com

Nov 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/25/96

sshaw wrote:

> By the ways, is the Print Artist (Sierra On-Line) better that Print
> Shop? Any help are greatly appreciate.

My two cents...

We have used both Print Shop Deluxe Ensemble II and Print Artist 2.0 and
concluded that Print Artist was a better all around package for both us
and the kids. Print Artist was a little easier to use, had more
meaningful clipart and a less costly (at the time). Several things that
Print Shop offered however, one of which was making labels. I believe
that Print Artist 4.0 now supports the production of labels using
standard formats from AVERY and others.

KP2 KP2

Nov 6, 2023, 8:59:36 PM11/6/23
Print Artist is the better choice.