Restlessness in baby..teething?

A&L

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
It probably is teething as I have been going through this with DD on and off
now for 2 weeks and it definitely seems like teething with her: drooling
buckets, gnawing on anything and everything that comes close enough to her
mouth, crankiness and fussiness. Another thing that may be making her
thrash around is the rice cereal as sometimes it upsets their stomach's and
your DD is still young yet. She may be a little gassed up and having
trouble sleeping. HTH.
Lisa
Proud Mommy to Heather Nicole, 12/8/99

Mark & April wrote in message <8b0bps$l6u$1...@wolf.interlynx.net>...
>Hi everyone,
>
>Jules has been very restless the past couple of days......her nights now
are
>terrible.......last night she fell asleep on her own as usual, I put her to
>bed, and within an hour she was awake and ready to play....she kicks her
>feet against the bassinet (yes, I know I have to get her into her big crib,
>I am still a big weenie about it even though it looks as though she needs
>the room very soon to move around etc..) and thrashes and yaks away..all in
>her sleep until she wakes herself up. I pick her up, feed her a bit, she
>falls asleep again and I put her down and as soon as her head hits the
>mattress she is awake again......this went on all night last night and into
>the morning where we finally brought her in our bed and she still fussed
>until I nursed her to sleep........now for her nap today the same
>crap........she is ok, still happy and such, but her gums seem more
>aggravated and she tends to want to bite very hard on everything, my
>knuckles, my breasts, her hand.......and she bites hard for someone with no
>teeth!
>Is this edgy crankiness and insane restlessness normal? I plan to get her
in
>her crib tonight to see if it makes a difference...but I am thinking it's
>the damn teething........I just gave her some Tylenol and that usually
helps
>but she still had a hard time falling asleep......the only change in
routine
>has been I introduced rice cereal/breastmilk two days ago, and she takes it
>great, east from the spoon like she's done it forever! (Mind you, I water
it
>down with lots of BM so....it's more like breastmilk with a touch of
>rice..LOL)
>Help? I am trying to simply act as though this is just an off time thing
and
>not get myself worked up about it.....but sheesh, I need sleep!!!
>Thanks for listening!
>
>April in Canada
>Mommy to Julianna (Jules) 11.28.99
>www.angelfire.com/stars/julianna

Mark & April

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00

Sue

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
I never had good experiences with rice cereal. It always caused gas,
fussiness and excessive crying with my babes. I started out with oatmeal and
once they got used to that then I introduced fruits and such. It also sounds
like teething to. I liked those refrigerated teething rings and I would also
give my babies a cold washcloth to chew on. They loved that. Good luck. Hope
I have helped a little.

Sue B.

A&L <no-sp...@att.net> wrote in message

> It probably is teething as I have been going through this with DD on and
off
> now for 2 weeks and it definitely seems like teething with her: drooling
> buckets, gnawing on anything and everything that comes close enough to her
> mouth, crankiness and fussiness. Another thing that may be making her
> thrash around is the rice cereal as sometimes it upsets their stomach's
and
> your DD is still young yet. She may be a little gassed up and having
> trouble sleeping. HTH.
> Lisa
> Proud Mommy to Heather Nicole, 12/8/99

A&L

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
I agree here, I know that when my DD is going through a new phase and I
start to notice a pattern after about 4 or 5 days, I start to get concerned
and try to find solutions, and it is always just then that she starts
something new!! : )

Kevin Derhak wrote in message <38D3C5C0...@worldnet.att.net>...
>Hi April,
>
>Please don't take this the wrong way -- but I think you need to relax a
little.
>It is perfectly normal to have variations in days -- moods - habits or
whatever.

>You don't necessarily need to know exactly what might be wrong (unless it
>is an illness -- and a temp is a sure sign of that). What you need to know
>is how to improve the situation. If putting her in bed with you works --
>great -- if walking her around for a while works -- excellent. If
>moving her to her own crib works -- yeah.
>
>In my experience so far -- I can never plan a thing before
>6-8 months. Your daughter is going through tremendous
>changes right now. My daughter was born 11-19. She is
>starting to roll over, chatters like crazy, starting to recognize
>people, getting a hold of toys. All of this stuff is just so much
>to take in. Your baby is adjusting to new things every single
>day. Starting new foods -- teething -- all of this stuff is bound
>to make her head spin a little. So yes -- in my opinion -- it
>is normal -- whatever that is. Just roll with it at the moment.
>And when she takes a nap today -- take one too. Believe me
>I miss the days when I could take a nap with a baby.
>
>And this is just a suggestion on my part -- unless she is really
>screaming and you are positive it is her teeth -- don't overdo
>on the Tylenol. Did it make any difference when you gave it
>to her?
>
>Chris
>Mom to Kelsey (4-9-94) John (4-10-97) and Catie (11-19-99)

Kevin Derhak

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00

A&L

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
The cold washcloth is a good idea-I'll have to try that! The teething rings
still seem too big for DD's mouth, she has such a hard time with them. What
age did you start with the oatmeal?

Sue wrote in message ...

>I never had good experiences with rice cereal. It always caused gas,
>fussiness and excessive crying with my babes. I started out with oatmeal
and
>once they got used to that then I introduced fruits and such. It also
sounds
>like teething to. I liked those refrigerated teething rings and I would
also
>give my babies a cold washcloth to chew on. They loved that. Good luck.
Hope
>I have helped a little.
>
>Sue B.
>

>A&L <no-sp...@att.net> wrote in message
>> It probably is teething as I have been going through this with DD on and
>off
>> now for 2 weeks and it definitely seems like teething with her: drooling
>> buckets, gnawing on anything and everything that comes close enough to
her
>> mouth, crankiness and fussiness. Another thing that may be making her
>> thrash around is the rice cereal as sometimes it upsets their stomach's
>and
>> your DD is still young yet. She may be a little gassed up and having
>> trouble sleeping. HTH.

>> Lisa
>> Proud Mommy to Heather Nicole, 12/8/99

Sue

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
Hi April:

Oh yes, your right those teething rings are kind of big aren't they, lol.
Maybe you could find a smaller teething ring. You would think that they sell
all sizes, though. I started oatmeal at 4 months of age with all three of
them.

Sue B.

A&L <no-sp...@att.net> wrote in message

Mark & April

Mar 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/18/00
You guys are right..and no I am not in a panic..LOL.....just
curious.......and I am pretty sure she is not gassy...I've been down that
road before......but I will keep a close eye on the rice cereal......I had
wanted to start with Oatmeal, but doc said try rice first..basically a *try
one type first and see the reaction* so that's what we're doing........and
for the teething, yes I am sure it's teething, doc said she started already,
and no I rarely give Tylenol (I am too paranoid) but today she was really
crying and her gums were bad.......it did calm her and helped her
relax.......she does the cold wash cloth and the smaller rings (they do make
small ones) and likes them.......I know she is going through alot......just
wondered about the restlessness.........oh well.......live and
learn.....guess I just want to make it all better for her and hate that I
can't..........
Thanks for the replies.........
April

A&L wrote in message ...

>I agree here, I know that when my DD is going through a new phase and I
>start to notice a pattern after about 4 or 5 days, I start to get concerned
>and try to find solutions, and it is always just then that she starts
>something new!! : )

>Lisa
>Proud Mommy to Heather Nicole, 12/8/99

Meg

Mar 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/19/00
On the washcloth -- I used to take the itsy bitsy ones and wet them and
freeze them in a freezer baggy. DD enjoyed the frozen washcloths last
summer.
-- Meg & Abby b. 1/21/99

--
"A little child born yesterday
A thing on mother's milk and kisses fed"

In article <8b0u0u$7iq$1...@wolf.interlynx.net>,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Jeanne

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
Another thing you can try, if she takes a pacifier, is to put the pacifier
in the freezer for a bit and let her suck on that. Otherwise, cold
washclothes, etc.

Unfortunately teething sometimes can be a real pain and it could last for a
long time. But the bad days come and go.

Jeanne

"Mark & April" <malm...@interlynx.net> wrote in message

Jane Elizabeth

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
Hi April,

I thought my son was about to pop out his canine teeth in mid-
Feb (he was drooling, gnawing, the whole bit...and I could see
the white buds about to cut thru), then nothing happened.
Suddenly, a week ago, his front two lower teeth popped out
overnight! The day before, I'd thought he'd bit me while
nursing, but I was like "Nah...he doesn't have any teeth yet!"
LOL! And that night he woke up SCREAMING. Really scared me, I
could not calm him down and he refused to nurse at first. His
face was sopping wet with tears. I felt so bad!

That all said, what we found worked was a chilled
teething "fish" (filled w/water) and just rubbing his gums with
our fingers. Also he likes to gnaw on our knuckles.

His teeth are about halfway out now and actually don't hurt
while nursing, though I'm aware of them.

Don't know if this helps you much, just wanted to say I
sympathize!

Jane Elizabeth
mom to Zeff Everett b.10/27/99

Mark & April

Mar 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/21/00
Thank you for that reassuring post Jane. I think we're getting there as
Jules is going nuts with the fussing and no sleep. And now she has red
cheeks and bottom.........I am a zombie.

--
April in Canada
Proud Mommy to Julianna (Jules) 11.28.99
www.angelfire.com/stars/julianna

Jane Elizabeth wrote in message
<12c93f8a...@usw-ex0105-040.remarq.com>...

Otto

Mar 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/21/00
April & Jane Elizabeth,

My Jack (5 1/2 months old) is fussing like crazy at night too.
Wakes up several times wanting to nurse. We're pretty sleepy
in this house! His cheeks are red and his little bum is a bit
red too sometimes, but I can't see any teeth buds. We're on
the verge of letting him cry it out - I mean, how hungry can
this kid be? And nothing else seems to settle him.

Repeat:
This too shall pass
This too shall pass
This too shall ZZZzzzzzzzz....

:>
Julie
(also in Canada)

loriann

Mar 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/21/00
Otto wrote:

> April & Jane Elizabeth,
>
> My Jack (5 1/2 months old) is fussing like crazy at night too.
> Wakes up several times wanting to nurse. We're pretty sleepy
> in this house! His cheeks are red and his little bum is a bit
> red too sometimes, but I can't see any teeth buds. We're on
> the verge of letting him cry it out - I mean, how hungry can
> this kid be?

Have you tried something like tylenol drops? If he's hurting, and
that's the reason why he's not sleeping, maybe they would help him.

Jane Elizabeth

Mar 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/21/00
Wait'll you start getting the really weird poop!! LOL! :-P

eriqu...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2018, 8:09:10 AM8/2/18
Teething in babies refers to the appearance of the first teeth through the gums of the baby. The way baby's teeth differs to a great extent which is why it is important to know all about teething so that you can offer your child every comfort while he/she is teething. Babies usually start teething at the age of 6 months. The process may, however, begin as soon as 3 months and may get as delayed as 12 months. The first teeth to appear are the lower front ones (also known as incisors), followed by the appearance of top two middle ones and then the ones on the side and back. The order is not strictly followed, though. The complete set of primary teeth, consisting of 20 teeth, appears by the age of 3 years. The permanent teeth start coming in at the age of 6 years.

For more on teething and simple steps to help relieve the discomfort associated with teething in babies, click the link below :)

http://www.best4babyandmom.com/article6.shtml
http://www.best4babyandmom.com/teething.php