MSFT short candidate?

Joakim Persson (zaladin@home.se)

Jul 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/2/00
Although I only own swedish stocks, I couldn't help but notice the chart
for MSFT. A Nasdaq pullback, which is highly likely, would devastate MSFT.
The stock has a very high RSI rating, and trades at the top of its
downtrending channel... Shorting MSFT or buying MSFT puts @ 70 or 75 could
very well be a profitable deal. If it turns down below 78 there should be a
clear sell signal. Also notice how the volume has decreased slightly during
the latest runup from 61 to 80.

Any comments to this? As I haven't followed MSFT that closely (only checked
chart about once per month), I'd appreciate any comments. If I had spare
cash and a US broker, I'd try this strategy. Or maybe a baisse spread to
decrease risks...

--
Joakim Persson
Iron Maiden & Power Metal Fan! zal...@home.se

paulz28

Jul 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/2/00
We NEVER short the Beast from Redmond--It will eat you alive.

Here's a sure short: KREM. We're talking donuts here, folks!

Wait til its lockup period expires; folks will be taking their pricey
donuts off the tables in droves. This is one stock that "Joe Six-pack"
THINKS he understands.

Problem is, 'ol Joe doesn't care to know about P/E Ratios, and KREM has
one at 126! We're talking donuts here, folks! Donuts: AKA, Heart attack
in a bag!

Oh Well, glad I hold MDT, world's leading surgical supplier of heart
surgery supplies, LOL!

John wrote:

> On Sun, 02 Jul 2000 12:24:16 GMT, zal...@home.se (Joakim Persson
> (zal...@home.se)) wrote:
>

> >Any comments to this? As I haven't followed MSFT that closely (only checked
> >chart about once per month), I'd appreciate any comments. If I had spare
> >cash and a US broker, I'd try this strategy. Or maybe a baisse spread to
> >decrease risks...
>

> I dont know. I personally dont think MSFT will fall
> significantly more than the rest of the NASDAQ this time. The last
> time, the Justice Case was becoming a bigger and bigger factor. Now it
> seems like less of a factor with speculation about the appeal - but
> who knows. I think there are shakier stocks than MSFT like TIVO or
> other stocks which have nosedived many times in the past - is just now
> recovering a bit and whose financial results are far more suspect than
> MSFT.

paulz28

Jul 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/2/00
Sorry about being OT. but here is a post from the RB Board that had me
rolling in the aisles:

"CHEW ON THESE KREM OBSERVATIONS:

Is it just a coincidence, or as KREM's price rises, so does Jenny
Craig's (JC) diet
company's price.

Is America eating enough doughnuts to actually warrant KREM's current
price levels? I
think another good long term investment would be in the companies that
are related to
curing heart disease and clogged arteries!

How many doughnuts can someone eat before they realize that, "Hey, I'm
turning into
FATBA$TARD"!

I've never eaten a Krispy Kreme doughnut. I may try one someday to see
what all the fuss
is about. However, I believe that eventually the general public will
become aware that the
massive consumption of "KRISPY CHOLESTEROL" isn't conducive to a
healthy lifestyle.
Can you say "ARTERIOSCLEROSIS"?

If KREM's price continues to rise, I WILL SERIOUSLY consider investing
in
MORTUARIES and companies that specialize in opening CHOLESTEROL
CLOGGED
ARTERIES!

Just my opinion.

TheSkeptic"

--
I am more concerned with the return OF my investment, than the return ON
my investment. - Will Rogers

J Perry Fecteau

Jul 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/3/00
i wouldn't but i'd bet it's going to fall

"Joakim Persson (zal...@home.se)" wrote:

> Although I only own swedish stocks, I couldn't help but notice the chart
> for MSFT. A Nasdaq pullback, which is highly likely, would devastate MSFT.
> The stock has a very high RSI rating, and trades at the top of its
> downtrending channel... Shorting MSFT or buying MSFT puts @ 70 or 75 could
> very well be a profitable deal. If it turns down below 78 there should be a
> clear sell signal. Also notice how the volume has decreased slightly during
> the latest runup from 61 to 80.
>

> Any comments to this? As I haven't followed MSFT that closely (only checked
> chart about once per month), I'd appreciate any comments. If I had spare
> cash and a US broker, I'd try this strategy. Or maybe a baisse spread to
> decrease risks...
>

> --
> Joakim Persson
> Iron Maiden & Power Metal Fan! zal...@home.se
> Political Status: Libertarian NH Ascended: BMVS (3.3.0)
> NGs: ar-n-rmim, ats, clc, rgp, rgrnh, rhf, swpol, swunix
> * "Ahh, the last peanut. Overflowing with the oil and salt of its
> departed brothers." - Homer Simpson

--
Why Metallica is DEAD WRONG about Napster
http://www.geocities.com/perryfecteau/metallicacorp.htm

J Perry Fecteau
Mr. Internet, 1995-ad infinitum
http://perry.fecteau.com/