Re: Hyundai: HYMTH

Message has been deleted

Scream

Feb 4, 2021, 7:15:13 PM2/4/21
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 6:45:56 AM UTC-8, DirtBag wrote:
> I read that Hyundai will be building the APPLE Car.
> I bought an initial position as a heads-up.
>
> ( More of a bet than anything at this point).
>
> Market Summary > Hyundai Motor Company GDR
> OTCMKTS: HYMTF
> Follow
> 56.10 USD +1.38 (2.52%)
> Feb 3, 4:00 PM EST · Disclaimer

I think the Apple's car production is few years away!
Message has been deleted

uncle_vito

Feb 5, 2021, 11:56:00 AM2/5/21
On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 6:04:46 AM UTC-8, DirtBag wrote:
> I am not sure of the time table. Seems the Apple car might be a driverless car.

I saw that too. Can not get the symbol to be recognized. Can we buy it??
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Winston

Feb 8, 2021, 2:45:23 AM2/8/21
DirtBag <ramp...@gmail.com> posted:
> I read that Hyundai will be building the APPLE Car.
> I bought an initial position as a heads-up.

> ( More of a bet than anything at this point).

> Market Summary > Hyundai Motor Company GDR
> OTCMKTS: HYMTF
> Follow
> 56.10 USD +1.38 (2.52%)
> Feb 3, 4:00 PM EST · Disclaimer

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hyundai-kia-aren-t-ev-001457674.html

A Reuters news article this morning says:

"South Korea's Hyundai Motor Co said on Monday it is not now in talks
with Apple Inc on autonomous electric cars, just a month after it
confirmed early-stage talks with the tech giant, sending the
automaker's shares skidding."

but the way the news article is written, the denial sounds to me
somewhat like "This was NDA info and we're unhappy with whoever let this
go public, so we're officially denying it, and we really don't want to
be seen as an Apple subcontractor."

The Bloomberg news article later on the page at the same URL above said:

"A report from Japan’s Nikkei newspaper last week said Apple is in
talks with at least six automakers for the development of its EV
while Dow Jones said Kia had approached potential partners about a
plan to assemble Apple’s electric car in Georgia."

Shares of Hyundai and Kia were down on the denial.
Your HYMTF is 56.94 as I'm writing this.
-WBE
Message has been deleted

Alan Bowler

Feb 10, 2021, 8:06:40 PM2/10/21
On 2021-02-08 10:43 a.m., DirtBag wrote:
> Both Hyundai and Kia would be excellent partners.

Kia and Hyundai are so much cross ownership that they are effectively
one company.
Message has been deleted

DirtBag

Feb 20, 2021, 4:41:11 PM2/20/21
I read that they were building good cars. Comments?
( Will they ever be considered COOL? lol)

Alan Bowler

Feb 20, 2021, 5:57:54 PM2/20/21
On 2021-02-20 4:41 p.m., DirtBag wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 5:06:40 PM UTC-8, Alan Bowler wrote:
>> On 2021-02-08 10:43 a.m., DirtBag wrote:
>>> Both Hyundai and Kia would be excellent partners.
>>
>> Kia and Hyundai are so much cross ownership that they are effectively
>> one company.
>
> I read that they were building good cars. Comments?

A Gen Y acquaintance was not not happy with his, but I know that
after that time Hyundai aggressively set out to get reliability as
good or better than Toyota. To back it up they lengthened the
warranty to more than the industry standard. I've only read good
things since, but I have not been reading many car reviews in recent
years, just the ones I stumble on occasionally.

> ( Will they ever be considered COOL? lol)

I drive a Prius C (think hybrid Yaris), so I'm not any judge of cool.
(it does average 4.7 L/100km ~52 miles per US gallon)

Message has been deleted