AERN

1 view

Edward Hilquist

May 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/7/96

Why has AERN dropped to as low as 5 3/8? It's OEM announcement
is on Thursday, and should skyrocket with the release of their new
battery that lasts a full day on full load with only one charge.

I think people would be trying to buy it up like crazy? Anyone know
why?

Martin Weiss

May 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/8/96

1) The first quarter results that were released recently weren't impressive (at
least to me)

2) The overall equities market has been in a funk since Friday. That will affect
most stocks in some way.

--
Martin Weiss
Telecommunications Program

Michael J. Chudobiak

May 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/8/96

m...@nyquist.lis.pitt.edu (Martin Weiss) wrote:

>In article <318F8A...@uiuc.edu>, Edward Hilquist <eahi...@uiuc.edu> writes:
>|> Why has AERN dropped to as low as 5 3/8? It's OEM announcement
>|> is on Thursday, and should skyrocket with the release of their new
>|> battery that lasts a full day on full load with only one charge.
>|>
>|> I think people would be trying to buy it up like crazy? Anyone know
>|> why?

>1) The first quarter results that were released recently weren't impressive (at
> least to me)

They were an improvement, though. This is more of a "potential" stock
anyways.

>2) The overall equities market has been in a funk since Friday. That will affect
> most stocks in some way.

Happily, AERN rose 22% today, to close at 6 11/16, up 1 3/16.

Regards,
Michael J. Chudobiak

Martin Weiss

May 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/9/96

In article <4mr2jf$4...@nic.ott.hookup.net>, m...@avtechpulse.com (Michael J. Chudobiak) writes:

|> >1) The first quarter results that were released recently weren't impressive (at
|> > least to me)
|>
|> They were an improvement, though. This is more of a "potential" stock
|> anyways.

It is a potential stock, and that's why Ihave held my long position for many
months. What concerned me in the numbers was a drop in revenue as well as lower
R&D and marketing expenses. It was the lower expenses that made the loss per
share look good, not the increases in revenue. It really surprises me that this
company would be reducing expenditures in these areas.

--Martin