Shooting saga goes on!

Scream

Jun 14, 2022, 7:54:24 PM6/14/22

uncle_vito

Jun 14, 2022, 8:41:43 PM6/14/22
On Tuesday, June 14, 2022 at 4:54:24 PM UTC-7, Scream wrote:
> https://youtu.be/koKHRSGKlsk

A copycat kook. Media needs to quit making these shooters famous.

Scream

Jun 15, 2022, 12:47:35 AM6/15/22
What are you suggesting?
Censorship of media?
🙄😭

uncle_vito

Jun 15, 2022, 4:08:35 AM6/15/22
Self censorship when they realize that they are only promoting copycats. Will never happen because liberal media enjoy these shootings. It promotes their anti gun/anti Republican agenda. Is also good clickbait.
Notice how black on black shootings in places like Baltimore, Chicago, NY and Washington are ignored. Those do not fit their agenda.

Scream

Jun 15, 2022, 4:50:54 AM6/15/22
Simple math, no guns, no shootings!
Guns makes it too easy to kill masses up people.

Winston

Jun 15, 2022, 8:33:32 AM6/15/22
Scream <cso...@gmail.com> writes:
> Simple math, no guns, no shootings!

Except those aren't the choices available to legislators. No LEGAL guns
doesn't mean "no guns". "Fewer guns" may indeed keep random kids from
being being able to get their hands on one, but it's not like criminals
are going to obey new gun laws any more than they do existing gun laws.
Felons who aren't legally allowed to have guns sometimes do even so.
You think drug cartels can't traffic guns for their people as well as
drugs?

By your simple math, no knives, no stabbings, so turn over all your
kitchen knives.
-WBE

Scream

Jun 15, 2022, 9:29:01 PM6/15/22
Congress already approved to raise the gun ownership age to 21!
Which is the right thing to do, because most of these shooter hillbillies are around 18 years old!
But it may get stuck in the Senate, because the gun lobbying?

uncle_vito

Jun 15, 2022, 9:41:33 PM6/15/22
How are you gonna have NO guns. There are 300M out there. Just like the war on drugs, right. There are now no drugs out there. LOL.

Scream

Jun 16, 2022, 1:10:39 AM6/16/22
What's a gun good for without the ammo or parts?
Think about it?
An 18 year old don't know how to make the ammo?
Raise the price of the ammo than ban the larger caliber ammo, than the smaller caliber ones.
Collect the guns for a fee people don't use etc...
It won't happen over night though?

How did the Russians do it?
>>As of 2013 Russian citizens over 18 years of age can obtain a firearms license after attending gun-safety classes and passing a federal test and background check. Firearms may be acquired for self-defense, hunting, or sports activities, as well as for collection purposes.<<

During the Czar guns were every where in Russia , during the CCCP guns were banned completely, but lately guns are back.
Not as liberal as the US though!

In England pistol dueling was very popular in the old days, too many people died, so the government just banned all guns. Death rate dropped dramatically.
Today only antique guns are allowed in common citizen's hands and even those are highly restricted who can own one?
So, as in the rest of Europe.
In Germany to own a bolt action hunting rifle , it takes 3-4 months education classes, which has to be repeated every 2 years.
Owning a drone today is getting very restricted, license is a must on every classes of drones.
Few years ago, drones less than 1 lb was a free game with few restrictions.
Not today anymore.
But most mass produced drones are made by China, so the US G don't give a crap.
Radio transmitters are highly restricted, only CB radios 1/2 watts are allowed.
Walky-talkies!
Any other band used for transmitting FFC license are required, call signed issued!
Abusing the law, every minute spend on the air can cost $10k in penalty.
One guy was fighting in court, because accrued $150k in penalties abusing the FCC law.
So, why do you think guns that kills people would be so different?

uncle_vito

Jun 16, 2022, 11:04:53 AM6/16/22
Anything needed to have guns will be smuggled in like drugs. Do not be naive. Drugs, illegals, guns will all be smuggled in from out of the country. Mexico, Columbia, Chekoslavakia (CZs and Glocks) , Yugoslavia, Guns will even be made in machine shops. My guess is crooked cops will sell them. Americans have had centuries of gun freedom since the Revolutionary War. That is one reason they are not like the pansies in Australia, UK or other places that never had that freedom.

Scream

Jun 16, 2022, 12:45:24 PM6/16/22
I'm sure gun smuggling would rise, but prices go up 10 fold.
An 18 year old can't afford a $5k or $10K gun vs. today an AR-15 can cost as low as $500.
Guns are cheap , specially the .22 types, but still deadly in fairly close range.
Problem is the gun industry, lobby, it's a multi billion $$$ business.
States rely on the revenues for selling permits to hunters.
Some 14 million hunters are in the US.
So, it's diabolic circle, a catch 22.
That's why politicians just talk, nothing gets done about it!

uncle_vito

Jun 16, 2022, 5:17:21 PM6/16/22
Nothing appears to get done because gun laws only punish lawful gun owners. Criminals and nuts do not obey the laws. Put guards, cameras and metal detectors at all the schools and this will not happen. There is no multi million dollar gun lobby. The NRA is broke. It is the voters that keep the pro gun politicians elected. Enforce existing gun laws. CA, NY. Illinois have the toughest laws and shootings still happen. Wonder why. Gang bangers and thugs will always have a source for guns just like they do for drugs.

Scream

Jun 16, 2022, 8:04:12 PM6/16/22
problem with your theory is, drug dealers and criminals don't go to elementary schools to kill 2 dozen kids.
The last massacre in Texas, the kid with guns went in through the back door which was happened to be not locked.
18 year old bought the guns 2 weeks? before he committed his crime.
The age limit to purchase guns should be 21 or more in every state.
It's kind of stupid, one state has strict gun laws, but the state next to it don't , like CA vs Nevada.
We had shooting here at the Garlic festival 2-3 years ago, the kid was visiting from Nevada to relatives and bought the AK-47 before in Nevada.
So, gun laws should be mandated by the Federal gov. and not by the states, so it's the same every where.
Also, should be strict laws and fines about how to store fire arms.
15 year old in Michigan stole his father pistol , went to school and killed 5-6 kids last year.
Father had the new gun stored in his desk drawer loaded , not even locked.
But Michigan has no laws about how to store guns or ammo?
Very easy, not to care.
So these are the problems the US is facing, not all freedoms are good and work for everyone.
There must be some discipline the average citizen to carry, not just behaving like an animal at the cost of others.

Message has been deleted

uncle_vito

Jun 17, 2022, 12:56:32 PM6/17/22
Drug dealers MOST CERTAINLY sell drugs to school kids. Underage kids are trafficked for sex.
I would agree to a lock up law for home kept guns but how are you going to enforce that?
I agree about guns coming in from less regulated areas but how are you going to regulate guns in Mexico,, Canada. Guns will come in with cocaine that is smuggled into the US. You cannot outlaw ammo. 2nd amendment again. If you are allowed to have guns, then you obviously need to be able to operate them. Making guns expensive only hurt the poor. So I guess the poor are not allowed this right? Kind of like making it difficult for the poor to have voting rights? Or abortion "rights"?

So much of this gun problem is that guns are not compatible with the "soft on crime" liberal idea of a perfect society. Liberals make fun of "morals" and this is what you get. In order for the liberal society to work, constitutional rights need to be taken away. A society with rights, needs to have morals. Kids now days have been raised in liberal schools and see no problem in shooting up a school or doing anything they feel like. Liberal punishment is so soft and gentle. Families do not have fathers and if they do, they are pansies. Famillies need fathers that kick butt and use the belt.

BTW, Happy fathers' day everyone.

Scream

Jun 17, 2022, 12:57:25 PM6/17/22
On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 8:16:08 AM UTC-7, DirtBag wrote:
> On Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 5:04:12 PM UTC-7, Scream wrote:
> Agreed... But every house seems to have some 'Hand Me Down Guns' in the closet. So 'Ban all Ammo'.

That's what politicians do most often, ban certain ammo or magazines , but not the guns.
Drinking age is 21, but buying guns is 18 , in some states 17, because the state wants to promote hunting.
Hunting permits and licenses are big money revenue for states.
14 million registered hunters out there!

uncle_vito

Jun 17, 2022, 1:00:05 PM6/17/22
On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 8:16:08 AM UTC-7, DirtBag wrote:
> On Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 5:04:12 PM UTC-7, Scream wrote:
> Agreed... But every house seems to have some 'Hand Me Down Guns' in the closet. So 'Ban all Ammo'.

Heller decision has guaranteed the right in the home for folks to defend themselves. Obviously they need ammo, so that is protected also. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller

Scream

Jun 17, 2022, 1:12:04 PM6/17/22
Ok, but what's an 18 year old has to do with it, able to buy military style assault guns for home defense?
One can buy smaller caliber pistol, 9 mm? or shot guns for home defense.
How do other country's citizens manage without guns and nobody's complaining?
BB guns and antique guns are legal in most countries.
To kill some one, can be done with knives, axes, blow guns, bow and arrows etc...
guns are just too easy.
See the Las Vegas shooter, killed 56, wounded 600 !
Message has been deleted

Scream

Jun 17, 2022, 11:19:01 PM6/17/22
On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 10:23:19 AM UTC-7, DirtBag wrote:
> I agree. Start with suing the gun manufactures.

LOL!
If you want to go bankrupt?
Good luck with that!