kmart too big to vanish

Judolym

Dec 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/4/95
someone wrote kmart is too big just to vanish - mmm - yes -- like the
Soviet Union

Edward Cornett

Dec 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/6/95
Just restructured!!!!!!

Floyd Hallstien

Dec 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/7/95
FNF...@prodigy.com (Edward Cornett) wrote:

>Just restructured!!!!!!

Yes - just restructured for about the fifth time in five years - the
only thing Kmart did was eliminate long term associates who built the
corporation. Would you shop at a store ran buy juveniles and managers
not old enough to remember the Beatles?

Mark Nilles

Dec 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/9/95
Some guy ashamed to post his real name or E-mail address wrote:

>Yes - just restructured for about the fifth time in five years - the
>only thing Kmart did was eliminate long term associates who built the
>corporation. Would you shop at a store ran buy juveniles and managers
>not old enough to remember the Beatles?

Uh...You wouldn't happen to one of those eliminated long-time associates
would you? I suspect so since only a moron or a former K-mart hack
would use the "associate" BS. What do you have to do to get fired from
K-Mart? I couldn't imagine. Please follow up with your story....we
can't wait.

mani...@msn.com

Marthat Stewart

Dec 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/10/95
mani...@msn.com (Mark Nilles) wrote:

>mani...@msn.com

First of All - Ass Hole - "we can't wait" is a pretty big bite for a
schmuck to only speaks for his dumbass self!

Second - only a dumbass who sucks on the Kmart corporate line would
write such a stupid fucking reply.

If any idiot would believe that a stock could drop to less han 30% of
it's split value in less than a year, with the company still selling
off assets, and still be a reasonable investment candidate, then he
must have his nose planted pretty deeply up someones corporate ass.

Second - if you knew anything about Kmart - and have seen any of the
multitude of press reports - you would know that a person doesn't have
to do anything to get fired from KFart, except make what they promised
they would make. Fact is it takes Kmart 20 or more years to figure out
that their long time managers and employees are worthless - why not -
they got their training form Kmart.

I am not an ex-employee or associate - I have had several friends who
wasted their time working for the jerks and now all theyt have
predicted is coming true. Seems funny the $4.00 an hour emplyes could
figure it out and the "rocket scientests" in their headquarters still
haven't gotten their heads out of their pompus asses.

Later ya corporate suck up!

Jim Harkins

Dec 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/10/95
In article <4aeepv$6...@guitar.sound.net>,

>First of All - Ass Hole - "we can't wait" is a pretty big bite for a
>schmuck to only speaks for his dumbass self!
>
>Second - only a dumbass who sucks on the Kmart corporate line would
>write such a stupid fucking reply.
>
>If any idiot would believe that a stock could drop

Yadda Yadda Yadda. Is it me or has the general level of discussion in
this group taken a major nose dive in the past month or so? I know things
have been going downhill for several months, but this is the third article
in a row I've read that seems written by a 13 year old. And not a very
bright or mature one either.

jim

--
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming
in terror like his passengers."

Jim Harkins jhar...@netcom.com
San Diego, CA.

danielh

Dec 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/11/95
dumb...@kmart.com (Marthat Stewart) wrote:

CRUDE. Must be stress of life/season.

Christopher Cox

Dec 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/12/95
> >Later ya corporate suck up!
> >

> >kan't type neither...duh..
i read this news group for opinions and new ideas. i enjoy most all
postings although there are times when patience with someone runs thin.
name calling and out-right slander belongs in a different place.

As for KM..i believe the jury is still out. my town has both WM and KM.
I prefer WM for the prices and the selection but lately KM has had some
pretty good buys, along with a full parking lot.

Mark Nilles

Dec 12, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/12/95
Sears Roebuck turnaround artist Warren Flick was named president
and general merchandise manager of K-Mart.
From Dec. 11 Barrons.

mani...@msn.com

ChrsCox

Dec 14, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/14/95
About the title of this thread: "Kmart too big to vanish"

Made me think of the USSR.

robert bataille

Dec 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/15/95
In article <4aqgvk$5...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, chr...@aol.com (ChrsCox)
wrote:

> About the title of this thread: "Kmart too big to vanish"
>
> Made me think of the USSR.

Hey, okay, Chris, this is code for a corporate breakup, huh? I like it,
but didn't kmart already sell off some of its best provinces/republics?

Albert Cheng

Dec 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/15/95

Well, USSR was the largest country and Canada was second. Guess who
is the biggest country now?

joe_ro...@mindlink.bc.ca

Dec 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/16/95
jo...@aol.com (Johpa) wrote:

>I have been a retail store owner for 20 years. No matter what those
>industry "spokespersons" may be blabbering, this is a disasterous holiday
>season for many retailers, especially for those involved in the garment
>trade. Ask anybody involved in the business and they all think K-mart
>(really just a case of poor management IMHO) will be only one of many in
>the trade that shall be seeking Chap 11 protection early next year after
>the chips have fallen and after the media hype, that is solely aimed to
>keep advertisers on board, ends. There will be others, not just the
>retailers, in trouble including some importers and perhaps a few
>manufacturers.

>My stores have been way down this fall and holiday season, but fortunately
>we are not in any financial trouble. This is not the same for those
>retailers who use credit to purchase goods. Retailers may get net 30 days
>to pay from the vendor, but then the vendors have the right to charge the
>same usurious interest rates as do the credit card companies.

>Speaking of consumer credit, it has been widely noted that consumer debt
>is way up but it is little noted that the increased use of consumer credit
>cards is an increased direct cost to the retailer who loses about 3% on
>each credit card sale.

>For those of you that bought the hype last summer about retail as being a
>turn around sector, watch your investments carefully.

>Happy Trails Johpa

Yawn. More horror stories. It's simple. Like you say. There's
plaenty of times to watch the stories. People who start making huge
commentary about retail in the middle of December are missing the
point. It's better to wait until the _end_ of December, beginning of
January. That's when the dust has settled, the parties are over and
the brain clears of its alcoholic slumber. Life begins anew, and the
accounts are as clear as crystal. Check the K-Mart story on January
15th, for example. It'll tell a completely different story than the
current one, perspective-wise. And if the stock climbs or falls at
that point, you'll know enough to do one or the other, buy... or admit
to yourself that death is death, and sell.

Joe

Johpa

Dec 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/16/95

Bruce Long

Dec 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/17/95
For what its worth one morning a week ago I visited two
nearby stores, K-Mart and Wal-Mart. The two stores are within
a half mile of each other and were built within the past few
years. The K-Mart parking lot was about 10% full, the store inside
seemed almost empty. The Wal-Mart parking lot was 95% full;
the store inside was packed with shoppers.

Bruce Long

Nickolai B. Ogurtsov

Dec 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/17/95
Albert Cheng (ach...@shalom.ncsa.uiuc.edu) wrote:
: Well, USSR was the largest country and Canada was second. Guess who

: is the biggest country now?

Russia, I think. It's not as big as USSR was, but I believe it's
something like 90% of the territory of the former Soviet Union.

Nick O.

JohnC02130

Dec 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/17/95
Several others have posted similar stories to yours; namely, that the
local K-Mart parking lot was almost empty and the nearby Walmart was
bustling. It would help if folks would say where these stores are---what
town, state are you in?

Albert Cheng

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95
In article <4b40eu$eo_...@news.hooked.net>, mich...@hooked.net (Michael Tena) writes:
>In article <4b1s1c$m...@optima.cs.arizona.edu>,
>Yep, today's Russia is bigger than Canada -- I'm not sure what this has to do
>with KM -- I joined the thread late :)

Hey, your folks are not geographically challenged. Pretty good.
This digress is due to a claim that Kmart is too big to just go
under but someone else chipped in "USSR was too big to vanish".

Anyway, some insists to buy Kmart now as the old saying, "Even
dead cats bounce once." (source forgotten) But I'm afraid
KM was a dead cat two years ago and that one-bounce has
already occured. Good luck to all you Kmart shoppers.

Michael Tena

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95