Bail out home owners

Lawyerkill

Aug 24, 2007, 6:38:56 AM8/24/07
In Jeresy the governor is proposing we buy some of the ARM and let the
home owner pay us back with lower interest loans.

My first reaction was that it's not government's job to bail out
stupid or greedy people, then I figured, well maybe this person wasn't
the brightest bulb in the room and the lender knew it, or maybe it's
someone back from Iraq and risked their lives in service to their
country, so why not do it? Hey we bail out big stupid and greedy
companies, why not their people?

Now I'm not talking about the stupid or greedy investor, but the home
owner in trouble.

I know that some stupid or greedy investors may find a way to profit
from this. Or some of the, 'party people' here may turn this post into
a way to express their hate for Bush or Clinton, but I think
reasonable people will consider it on its merits.

lubow

Aug 24, 2007, 7:04:59 AM8/24/07
LK, this same dilemma faced Alexander Hamilton upon his proposal that the
Federal government take over state war debts. It was argued that many well
meaning and patriotic Americans had to sell their bonds and continentals to
speculators on a few cents on the dollar. It was argued that the specs were
not entitled to such a potential windfall.

Hamilton was hated in the late 1700s for advocating such a radical idea of
risk taking in exchange for possible profit.. Today, he is regarded as the
father of capitalism. I say Hamilton had it right. Taxpayers should not be
burdened with morons who buy million dollar homes on a $40K salary.

As for your argument that a class of debtors may have been those caught in
the backdoor draft and shipped to Iraq for two tours, my answer is that it
is just another case of paying for wars long after the war concludes. In
other words, that issue is Congress' problem and Pres. Bush's problem, not
that of the NJ taxpayers.

--
Lubow
"Lawyerkill" <Lawye...@aol.com> wrote in message

Lawyerkill

Aug 24, 2007, 7:55:19 AM8/24/07
On Aug 24, 7:04?am, "lubow" <lu...@lubow-industries.com> wrote:
> LK, this same dilemma faced Alexander Hamilton upon his proposal that the
> Federal government take over state war debts. It was argued that many well
> meaning and patriotic Americans had to sell their bonds and continentals to
> speculators on a few cents on the dollar. It was argued that the specs were
> not entitled to such a potential windfall.
>
> Hamilton was hated in the late 1700s for advocating such a radical idea of
> risk taking in exchange for possible profit.. Today, he is regarded as the
> father of capitalism. I say Hamilton had it right. Taxpayers should not be
> burdened with morons who buy million dollar homes on a $40K salary.
>
> As for your argument that a class of debtors may have been those caught in
> the backdoor draft and shipped to Iraq for two tours, my answer is that it
> is just another case of paying for wars long after the war concludes. In
> other words, that issue is Congress' problem and Pres. Bush's problem, not
> that of the NJ taxpayers.

I don't see this as a war problem, just like the DOT.Bust of the 90's
was a war problem. Howeever it's not only the work of Bush but also
the people now running for office.

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports
show that
Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological
weapons stock,
his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also
given
aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members,
though
there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible
events of
September 11, 2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked,
Saddam
Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and
chemical
warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he
succeed in
that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of
the
Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security."
Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our
allies,
including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades, Saddam
Hussein has
sought weapons of mass destruction through every available means. We
know that
he has chemical and biological weapons. He has already used them
against his
neighbors and his own people, and is trying to build more. We know
that he is
doing everything he can to build nuclear weapons, and we know that
each day he
gets closer to achieving that goal." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

adam russell

Aug 25, 2007, 11:59:00 AM8/25/07

"Nomen Nescio" <nob...@dizum.com> wrote in message

>>In Jeresy the governor is proposing we buy some of the ARM and let the
>>home owner pay us back with lower interest loans.

How will they decide who gets low rates and who doesnt?

Lawyerkill

Aug 25, 2007, 8:18:27 PM8/25/07
On Aug 25, 11:59?am, "adam russell"

<adamruss...@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:

> How will they decide who gets low rates and who doesnt?

I have no idea.

2Penny

Aug 26, 2007, 10:54:50 PM8/26/07

Mr Newcio;