Is there a penalty to exchange Bellsout stock now?

Tom

May 23, 2015, 3:40:02 AM5/23/15
Do I have to pay a per cent age of the the exchange value for Bellsouth stock
if I exchange it on 6/1/2015? Will I get all the past dividends ? Who do I
call?

--
posted from
http://www.beansmart.com/financial/is-there-a-penalty-to-exchange-bellsout-stock-now-18282-.htm

.

David S. Meyers, CFP(R)

Jul 12, 2015, 9:50:04 PM7/12/15
On Saturday, May 23, 2015 at 12:40:02 AM UTC-7, Tom wrote:
> Do I have to pay a per cent age of the the exchange value for Bellsouth stock
> if I exchange it on 6/1/2015? Will I get all the past dividends ? Who do I
> call?

Here's the page from ATT Investor Relations regarding the Bellsouth acquisition back in 2006:
<http://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=8521>

If you had the shares at any brokerage, they've already been exchanged.

If you have a paper stock certificate, and never notified them of your address, it's not clear what happened to all the dividend checks they were supposed to send you. Contact AT&T's transfer agent, Computershare at 1-877-224-0464 (in the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada) or 1-781-575-4729 (outside the U.S. and Canada).