MEDIA: Laid-off Indian techies on H-1B visas race against time to find new jobs

John D Groenveld

Dec 2, 2022, 8:46:30 AM12/2/22
Via Brave,
<URL:https://search.brave.com/news?q=H-1B>
see Money Control's Haripriya Suresh on whether Donald Trump regrets
dispatching Jared and Ivanka Kushner to Silicon Valley to sue for
peace with the likes of Mark Zuckerberg:
https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/laid-off-indian-techies-on-h-1b-visas-race-against-time-to-find-new-jobs-9580561.html>
| LinkedIn is flooded with stories of laid-off workers, ranging from
| those who had only been with the company for a few weeks to those
| who had been there for up to eight years. While Meta laid off 11,000
| employees and Twitter laid off half of its 7,500-person workforce
| and more since then, Amazon has been laying off employees in phases
| that will last until 2023.
|
| Raju Kadam, a laid-off Meta employee, wrote on LinkedIn that he had
| been in the US for 16 years and that his sons are also US citizens,
| adding that their lives would be affected as he will have to leave
| the country.

Will John Katko and Kevin McCarthy allow Ur M Jaddou to provide TPS
to the Cheap Labor Lobby's scab workers?

John
groe...@acm.org
--
"I like DeSantis but it's hard that the neocons and NeverTrumpers
are so in the tank for him. Very sus" - Andrew Kloster