MEDIA: US tech layoffs: How many times can you use the H-1B visa grace period? 6 tips to follow

John D Groenveld

Feb 20, 2024, 8:10:25 AMFeb 20
Times of India's Ankita Sen on whether Casey DeSantis regrets that
her path to WhiteHouse.GOV was cut short by Ron's failure to find
a funder from among Miriam Adelson, Robert Bigelow, Walter Buckley,
Betsy DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch, Bernie Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch,
Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris Reyes, David Sacks and Steve
Wynn to buy advertisements on Murdoch's FoxNews.COM with the likes
of Mike Emmons warning legacy American proles that Donald Trump
will sign bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform legislation
passed by the likes of Mike Johnson and Mitch McConnell so long as
the Cheap Labor Lobby includes the magic words: "merit-based":
<URL:https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/nri/work/us-tech-layoffs-how-many-times-can-you-use-the-h-1b-visa-grace-period-6-tips-to-follow/articleshow/107483294.cms?from=mdr>
| With another round of layoffs hitting United States and Silicon
| Valley, foreign workers again are in a bind. Since their work
| permits and H-1B visas are tied to employers, a job loss not only
| affects their earnings, but if they are unable to find another job
| in time, they might need to return to their home countries.
|
| The tech sector began 2024 with yet another round of employment
| losses. According to Layoffs.ai, almost 32,000 tech workers have
| lost their employment thus far in 2024.
|
| Non-immigrant workers whose employment has terminated, either
| voluntarily or involuntarily have several options for remaining in
| the United States in a period of authorized stay based on existing
| rules and regulations.

Will Trump nominate Ken Cuccinelli to succeed Ur M Jaddou at USCIS.GOV
and will McConnell consent?
John
groe...@acm.org
--
"Also @emeriticus has an extremely valid point when he discusses
personnel in the Trump Administration. I actually served the whole