MEDIA: Here's What's in the Senate's $118 Billion Ukraine and Border Deal

John D Groenveld

Feb 19, 2024, 8:25:41 AMFeb 19
The Gray Lady's Karoun Demirjian on whether Casey DeSantis regrets
that Ron failed to identify a funder among Miriam Adelson, Robert
Bigelow, Walter Buckley, Betsy DeVos, Ken Griffin, Julia Koch, Bernie
Marcus, Lachlan Murdoch, Thomas Peterffy, Bruce Rauner, Chris Reyes,
David Sacks and Steve Wynn to buy advertisements in Iowa and New
Hampshire warning legacy American proles that Donald Tump endorsed
Mitch McConnell and Jim Lankford:
<URL:https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/05/us/politics/senate-border-ukraine-deal.html>
| Although the border deal is not comprehensive immigration reform,
| there are a few provisions in it that are designed to alleviate
| immigration backlogs by awarding visas that could put certain
| migrants on a pathway to citizenship. The bill would create 250,000
| green card-eligible family and employment-based visas that would be
| parceled out over five years.
|
| The bill also would ensure that the children of immigrants who came
| to the United States on H-1B visas -- which go to highly skilled
| foreign workers -- would not be rendered ineligible for green cards
| when they become adults.

Will Trump re-hire Amy Swonger to pitch his legislative agenda to
McConnell and Lankford's Congress.GOV?
John
groe...@acm.org
--
"There are NO "DeSantis influencers." There are people--like me--who
believe DeSantis is everything that Trump is not: competent,