MEDIA: January BLS: U.S. Workers Lose Ground to Foreign-Born

John D Groenveld

Feb 20, 2024, 8:10:39 AMFeb 20
Institute for Sound Public Policy's Joe Guzzardi on whether Casey
DeSantis regrets that Ron failed to secure funding from David
McIntosh's Club for Growth to make Donald Trump regret taking Jared
Kushner's advice to downplay the National Question on the campaign
trail against Joe Biden and Kamala Harris:
<URL:https://joeguzzardi.substack.com/p/january-bls-us-workers-lose-ground
| A few years ago, a critic called the BLS report "the big lie"
| because, among its other flaws, the original monthly data is subject
| to revisions, often significant. These late changes concern Federal
| Reserve officials. "We have to make decisions in real time," Federal
| Reserve Board of Governors member Christopher Waller said late last
| year. "Whatever data is released, that's the data I must use. The
| problem with data is it gets revised." Revisions, which can come
| more than months after initial reports are published, wouldn't
| necessarily be so much of an issue if they were relatively small.
| However, many revisions over the past few years have been game-
| changers.

Will Trump nominate Eugene Scalia to succeed Julie Su at DoL.GOV and
will Mitch McConnell consent?
John
groe...@acm.org
--
"Gavin Newsom has pushed some of the most radical policies in the
US, including hundreds of billions in reparations. And Trump just