MEDIA: Tech Layoffs Send H-1B Visa Holders Scrambling for New Jobs

John D Groenveld

Dec 1, 2022, 7:47:16 AM12/1/22
Michael Bloomberg's guest bloggers, Sinduja Rangarajan, Brody Ford and
Katrina Manson on whether Donald Trump regrets dispatching Jared and
Ivanka Kushner to Silicon Valley to sue for peace with the likes of
Mark Zuckerberg:
<URL:https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-21/2022-tech-layoffs-leave-h-1b-visa-holders-in-limbo>
| Aditya Tawde, an engineer from India who works at LinkedIn, calls
| immigration support from US companies the "bare minimum." He was
| laid off by TripAdvisor early in the pandemic. After taking two days
| to process his layoff, he interviewed with 25 different employers
| and found a job with just two weeks left on his visa. "It's natural
| to feel sad and angry," he says.
|
| A USCIS spokesperson says the agency is exploring policy options to
| address challenges faced by immigrant communities and is committed
| to increasing access to immigration benefits.

Will John Katko and Kevin McCarthy defund Alejandro Mayorkas and Ur
M Jaddou from granting amnesty to the Cheap Labor Lobby's scab
workers?

John
groe...@acm.org
--
"I am so humbled to be endorsed by Tom Homan. Tom has an extensive
background in enforcing Law & Order, both as a policeman and as