MEDIA: USCIS extends comment period on immigration fee proposal

John D Groenveld

Mar 26, 2023, 10:44:23 PM3/26/23
TechGig's Gaurav Sharma on whether Susie Wiles worries that Ken Griffin
and Lachlan Murdoch will allow Ron DeSantis to invite Ken Cuccinelli
to explain why Donald Trump lowered the fees for scab worker import
quotas and did not implement a wage ranked queue:
<URL:https://content.techgig.com/career-advice/uscis-extends-comment-period-on-immigration-fee-proposal/articleshow/98512758.cms>
| Form I-129 will require an employer to pay an additional fee each
| time an initial petition is submitted, a change of status is
| requested, or an extension of stay is requested, to help fund the
| asylum program. Currently, individuals will have to pay a filing fee
| of $1,225, which also covers the adjustment application as well as
| applications for employment authorization and travel documents but
| now the USCIS has proposed a different fee structure for all three
| forms and this development can add upto $2,820.
|
| "This new fee review and proposed rule is definitely an unwelcome
| proposal for employers, as the USCIS filing fees for many petitions
| will become more expensive," said Andrew Wilson, a partner at Lippes
| Mathias Wexler Friedman and co-leader of the firm's immigration
| practice in Buffalo, N.Y. "This could affect budget planning for
| immigration matters going forward. In addition to higher filing
| fees, it is an unwelcome proposal because I think it makes things
| unnecessarily confusing."

Does Wiles see signs in Brad Parscale and Bill Stepien's surveys of
legacy American proles that an immigration moratorium would be
popular campaign promise?

John
groe...@acm.org
--
"The whole time they were claiming Trump and the alt-right were
Russian spies, the real traitors were conducting espionage under