Insulinitis Sequelae: Do You See Them Coming?

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER

Jul 20, 2016, 1:02:30 PM7/20/16

- - -

In the following, Riva Greenberg, an individual
with many years of dealing with Insulinitis*,
comments on the long-term sequelae she attri-
butes to having battled Insulinitis*.

In this article, the diabetes word without any
clarifier is used -10- times, and only once
does she refer to her actual condition, using
the "type 1 diabetes" phrase (i.e., the phrase
first used in the mid-1930s).

One might argue that her use of the diabetes word
without clarifier -10- times is OK, because hey,
complications can occur with any High Glucose Con-
dition*, but I would submit that the disparate
causalities, treatment profiles, and risk profiles
yield chances of sequelae, both short-term and
long-term, which vary from condition to condition.

In actuality, Riva's condition, Insulinitis*, she
fails to address the high short-term risk of hypo-
glycemia, something she faces daily / nightly, and
something unavoidable in Insulinitis*, but avoid-
able in those with Cellosis*, Diminosis*, or any
Other High Glucose Condition* who use any of the
many glucose-lowering medications which -don't-
cause hypoglycemia.

As for "seeing it coming", fortunately, thanks to
my use of a continuous glucose monitor, I see the
risk of a severe low glucose event coming when
awake, and have audible and visual warnings about
it coming.

When asleep, I currently wake up every hour and 15
minutes, and my continuous glucose monitor also
alerts me when the glucose goes too low between
my cellphone alarms going off, so the combination
of those -2- prevention efforts help me to "see it
coming" (the risk of a severe low glucose event)
even during sleep periods.

Early after getting the CGM, in October of 2013 (7
severe lows) and in November of 2013 (2 severe lows),
my severe low problems continued. However, I only
had one more severe low, in January of 2014, and
since then, none, and I give most of the credit for
that to Dexcom's continuous glucose monitor.

The sequelae Riva attributes to her battle with
Insulinitis*? Cataracts and frozen shoulders.

Myself, I got cataracts and glaucoma (both success-
fully dealt with via eye surgery), and my fingers
began having problems after I used a high pressure
water spray device for hours-on-end in a short-term
job cleaning a guy's fence (back in 2005).

Those problems, I cannot determine if any of that
was or was not caused by battling Insulinitis*, but
of course, the finger problems, I blame my decision
to use that high pressure water spray device for
hours-on-end for that, and don't know if my battle
with Insulinitis* since age 5 contributed to that
or not.

Cataracts can be caused by age, may develop as a
baby or in childhood (congenital), may develop due
to having any of the High Glucose Conditions* or
being exposed to certain drugs or ultraviolet light
or radiation, may develop due to an eye injury, or
may result from cigarette smoke, air pollution, or
heavy drinking.
http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/cataracts/health-cataracts-eyes

So, Riva's cataracts, it's presumptive for her to
attribute that to her battle with Insulinitis*, as
that may or may not be its primary causality.

Frozen shoulders, Riva's battle with Insulinitis*
may be among its causality factors, but there are
multiple causality factors, and risk of frozen
shoulders is highest in those aged 40 to 60, and
in women. The article says risk ...

... for having that is doubled if you have any of
the High Glucose Conditions*, but as commonly hap-
pens, variances in risk between Insulinitis*, Cel-
losis*, Diminosis*, and Other High Glucose Condi-
tions* is unreported.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Frozen-shoulder/Pages/Causes.aspx

Excerpted title [with insert, not part of original
title, included in brackets]:

- - -
July 20, 2016

[Insulinitis*] Sequelae: Do You See Them Coming?
http://asweetlife.org/riva/blogs/life-with-diabetes/diabetes-complications-do-you-see-them-coming/
- - -

- - -
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER, I got Insulinitis* at age 5
in March, 1961 -- I use a Dexcom G4 Continuous
Glucose Monitor -and- an Omnipod Insulin Pump:

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
http://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

* Logic and reasoning behind ceasing using diabetes
& diabetic words and phrases, replacing that with
vastly superior names, ending diabetes & diabetic
confusion, misleading, & misunderstanding:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
http://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

Primary Types of High Glucose Conditions*:

Cellosis* (widely confusingly called diabetes without
any clarifier, sometimes called type 2 diabetes),
preceded by PreCellosis* (widely called prediabetes
without any clarifier), called Gestational Cellosis*
when occurring during pregnancy (widely confusingly
called gestational diabetes)

Insulinitis* (widely confusingly called diabetes with-
out any clarifier, sometimes called type 1 diabetes),
a slow onset type called Latent Autoimmune Insulinitis*
(widely confusingly called diabetes without any clari-
fier, sometimes confusingly called latent autoimmune
diabetes in adults)

Diminosis* (widely confusingly called diabetes without
any clarifier, sometimes called maturity onset diabetes
of the young, sometimes mistakenly called type 2 dia-
betes)

Neonatal Diminosis* (widely confusingly called diabetes
without any clarifier, sometimes called neonatal dia-
betes)

Other High Glucose Conditions* (widely confusingly
called diabetes without any clarifier, sometimes called
other diabetes)

Non-Glucose Anomaly*:

Insipidus* (widely called diabetes without any clari-
fier, sometimes called diabetes insipidus)

Low Glucose Anomaly*:

Hut* - Hypoglycemia Uncaused by Treatments for High
Glucose Conditions (widely confusingly called reactive
hypoglycemia)
- - -

--
Posted by Mimo Usenet Browser v0.2.5
http://www.mimousenet.com/mimo/post

Gordon

Jul 20, 2016, 4:22:08 PM7/20/16
On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:02:23 -0500, "Pro-Humanist FREELOVER"
<love_fo...@hushmail.com> wrote:

> - - -
>
> In the following, Riva Greenberg, an individual
> with many years of dealing with Insulinitis*,
> comments on the long-term sequelae she attri-
> butes to having battled Insulinitis*.

What caused her inflamed/infected insulin, as the suffix "itis"
implies?