IGF-I info for Pro's DiB Potential

AntiPro-T1DM

May 25, 2017, 4:42:32 PM5/25/17
This is the hormone you have no control over that will turn off your lights:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin-like_growth_factor_1

Exercise turns it on for repair work while you are sleeping. It lowers
your BG too. But has no off switch. This is why your insulin pump must
shutdown your basal insulin if BG falls while you are sleeping.

Eli Lilly's Humalog has a similar chain to this hormone and will bind to
IGF-I receptors. I only use it now, once every 1-2 months to keep
anti-Humalog antibodies from forming (desensitize my immune system).
But it still causes extra glucose disposal while sleeping when using it only
at breakfast. Humalog has synergy with IGF-I for my metabolism.

IGF-I and insulin are in the Growth Hormone family.
--
APT1DM
Educating Pro on proper DM terminology!

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER

May 25, 2017, 8:50:15 PM5/25/17

Your ramblings are loaded with nonsense,
and your predicting that I'll die in bed
is a sad commentary on an aspect of your
past (your mentioning your exercise in
the past causing severe hypoglycemia while
you were sleeping).

My exercise is moderate, so I don't have
the problem you have with heavy exercise
in the past causing sleeping severe hypos.

I have a CGM, I awake to alarms every hour
and a half, I don't exercise as much as
you do. Your asserting that something
will happen to me that based on my over
3 years of NO severe hypos, is not likely
(heck, 89-95% of those with Insulinitis
don't die of 1 severe hypo too many) .

Your sig, incorrect. DM is improper when
a specific type of High Glucose Condition
is being discussed and the type is unmen-
tioned, just as diabetes and diabetic,
when used as they often are without clar-
ifier, are misleading and confusing, i.e.,
improper.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - -
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER, Insulitis Islit
since age 5 (March, 1961), seeking to
promote replacing all of the ancient
confusing and misleading diabetes and
diabetic words and phrases with new
clarifying nonconfusing nonmisleading
words and phrases, first proposed in
2010:

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
http://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
http://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
http://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm
- - -

AntiPro-T1DM

May 26, 2017, 7:37:16 AM5/26/17
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER wrote:

> Your ramblings are loaded with nonsense,

Just because you're not too bright, doesn't mean the information
provided isn't useful to others.

> and your predicting that I'll die in bed

Yes, either a car accident with you hypoglycemic, or DiB
with you hypoglycemic will do you in: 75% car, 25% DiB.

> is a sad commentary on an aspect of your
> past (your mentioning your exercise in
> the past causing severe hypoglycemia while
> you were sleeping).
>
> My exercise is moderate, so I don't have
> the problem you have with heavy exercise
> in the past causing sleeping severe hypos.

Heavy exercise while using Humalog on at breakfast, as the last
seizure was my seventh. I already knew Humalog was a suspect
when the last seizure happened.

> I have a CGM, I awake to alarms every hour
> and a half, I don't exercise as much as
> you do. Your asserting that something
> will happen to me that based on my over
> 3 years of NO severe hypos, is not likely
> (heck, 89-95% of those with Insulinitis
> don't die of 1 severe hypo too many) .

But what if you are too tired to wake up?

Also provide a reference for your 89-95% T1DM cause of death stat.

> Your sig, incorrect.

My sig is perfect for Assholes like you.

It gets your attention.

AntiPro-T1DM

May 26, 2017, 8:27:37 AM5/26/17
AntiPro-T1DM wrote:

> Yes, either a car accident with you hypoglycemic, or DiB
> with you hypoglycemic will do you in: 75% car, 25% DiB.

I'll change these estimates to 75% car, 20% DiB and 5% cancer.

Since insulin is in the Growth Hormone (GH) family, your overdosing could be
feeding the cancer meter.

When was the last time you were checked for colon cancer and PSA?

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER

May 26, 2017, 12:15:53 PM5/26/17
On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 6:37:16 AM UTC-5,
APT wrote:

> Pro-Humanist FREELOVER wrote:

> > Your ramblings are loaded with nonsense,

> Just because you're not too bright,

I'm very bright, and that's apparent to
everyone though you endeavor to darken
my reputation due to your obsession with
battling against my proposed new medical
terms.

> doesn't mean the information
> provided isn't useful to others.

Your information is useful to anyone
interested in information not verified
with the use of a CGM and in those who
intensely exercise (I suspect that's ..

... a very small percentage of those
with Insulinitis and a very small per-
centage of those with any of the dis-
parate non-Insulinitis conditions).

> > and your predicting that I'll die in bed

> Yes, either a car accident with you hypoglycemic, or DiB
> with you hypoglycemic will do you in: 75% car, 25% DiB.

> > is a sad commentary on an aspect of your
> > past (your mentioning your exercise in
> > the past causing severe hypoglycemia while
> > you were sleeping).
> >
> > My exercise is moderate, so I don't have
> > the problem you have with heavy exercise
> > in the past causing sleeping severe hypos.

> Heavy exercise while using Humalog on at breakfast,
> as the last seizure was my seventh. I already knew
> Humalog was a suspect when the last seizure happened.

Your blaming severe hypos on one particular
insulin is unsupported by anyone else (if
you can find an association anywhere else,
feel free to share that).

> > I have a CGM, I awake to alarms every hour
> > and a half, I don't exercise as much as
> > you do. Your asserting that something
> > will happen to me that based on my over
> > 3 years of NO severe hypos, is not likely
> > (heck, 89-95% of those with Insulinitis
> > don't die of 1 severe hypo too many) .

> But what if you are too tired to wake up?

Too tired, that must be what you experi-
enced due to your heavy exercise. I've
got over 3 straight years (39 months and
counting) of no severe hypoglycemia, a
record for me after my switch to an inten-
sive insulin treatment paradigm increased
by severe hypoglycemia events.

I've succeeded at stopping them (thus
far), with an apparently remarkably low
HbA1c (5.5 my most recent) and a remark-
ably low hypoglycemia rate (< 70 mg/dl,
4% which recently went to 5%) for those
who have HbA1c levels that low or lower.

The only other reported ways to do that:

1) Your report (claim) that you have -no-
hypoglycemia (at least none that you're
aware of, at least at night while sleep-
ing) and that's not confirmable because
you (like Bernstein, below) don't use
a CGM. You, unlike Bernstein, have said
your overnight glucose levels are too
high, and your overall HbA1c is much
higher than reported by Bernstein.

2) Artificial pancreas (although it's dif-
ficult to find evidence of low HbA1c
levels in test subjects, as the only
evidence of those devices that I've
seen thus far, all test subjects have
much higher HbA1c levels than I have).

3) The Richard K. Bernstein drastic low
carb diet and scientific evidence
of low HbA1c levels (in the upper 4s)
and low hypoglycemia rates, I've not
found a single scientific report
that supports Dr. Bernstein's claims.

> Also provide a reference for your 89-95%
> T1DM cause of death stat.

Actually, that's those that don't die,
and as for the 5% to 11% estimate of
severe hypoglycemia deaths in those
who've totally or near-totally lost
their endogenous insulin, I've reported
that many times in many posts in this
newsgroup. I'll search for that now.

The 5%, I recall a famous ad from the
JDRF which used that figure. The 11%,
I haven't found that figure yet, but
here's an article with a different
estimated range (4% to 13%):

- - -
July 1, 1997

Hypoglycemia – What Every
Person on Insulin Should Know
http://tinyurl.com/hypoglycemia-insulinitis
- - -

Excerpts:

The intensive insulin therapy (IIT) described
by the DCCT presents a three fold risk of
severe hypoglycemia – sometimes with dire
consequences.

Even though the IIT patients had three times
as many hypoglycemic reactions, the DCCT
Study Group found no significant difference
between the accident rates of the IIT and
standard therapy groups.

Death

Some research estimates that between four
and 13 percent of the deaths of people with
type I diabetes are the result of hypogly-
cemic events. "What's worrisome about these
deaths is that they are due to the treatment,"

- - - end excerpts - - -

Unclear if they are referring to insulin
or if they're referring to the 3 times
increase in hypoglycemia caused by IIT
(Intensive Insulin Treatment).

> > Your sig, incorrect.

> My sig is perfect for ...

Your using an epithet that I skipped
is imperfect and inappropriate, as is
your sig, and your skipping my detail-
ing of your sig's imperfection, I'll
once again state it in terms everyone
(even you) can comprehend:

Educating me, I'm well-educated on all
aspects of Insulinitis (your pretense
regarding that absurd) both via over
56 years of dealing with it, and from
thorough research (almost daily) of ...

... news articles and websites about
all High Glucose Conditions + about
the mostly (not entirely) non-glucose
anomaly Insipidus + about the Hypogly-
cemia Uncaused by Treatments for High
Glucose (Hut).

I've also purchased and read books
about our condition.

Proper? Incorrect term when used next
to DM, as DM is most often referred
to with the confusing misleading dia-
betes word used without clarifier,
the word mellitus rarely appears any-
where. Well-documented, the confusion ...

... and misleading that transpires
almost everywhere due to the wide-
spread (scarily widespread) use of
the diabetes and diabetic words
without any clarifier.

To achieve "proper", see the details
of the proposed new medical terms in
the article that you and everyone with
any of the conditions referenced above
should love and appreciate, the Diabetes
Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst article ...

... linked to in most of my sigs and
as I'm convinced that it's the best
article ever written about those con-
ditions, the best article anywhere at
a single website with everything one
needs to know to deal with, understand, ...

... & battle those disparate conditions,
it's at http://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

AntiPro-T1DM

May 26, 2017, 3:44:18 PM5/26/17
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER wrote:

> The 5%, I recall a famous ad from the
> JDRF which used that figure. The 11%,
> I haven't found that figure yet, but
> here's an article with a different
> estimated range (4% to 13%):
>
> - - -
> July 1, 1997
>
> Hypoglycemia – What Every
> Person on Insulin Should Know
> http://tinyurl.com/hypoglycemia-insulinitis

Provide the original reference without your lies.

I do not need your mental, subverted filter to see the truth.

AntiPro-T1DM

May 26, 2017, 5:35:14 PM5/26/17
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER wrote:

> July 1, 1997
>
> Hypoglycemia – What Every
> Person on Insulin Should Know
> http://tinyurl.com/hypoglycemia-insulinitis

This is 20 years old. I took a look. Nothing new.

Bring new data to the table. All the CGM today should have better data.

AntiPro-T1DM

May 26, 2017, 6:02:45 PM5/26/17
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER wrote:

> Your blaming severe hypos on one particular
> insulin is unsupported by anyone else

This shows your ignorance. Humalog is built with one biochem chain very close
to IGF-I. I'm sure you know there is an A chain and a B chain in the insulin
molecule. If you were ignorant, you know it now. Do something useful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insulin

*READ MY LIPS:* Humalog binds to both IGF-I and insulin receptors at target
cells. This dual capability turns more on than just glucose uptake.

AntiPro-T1DM

May 26, 2017, 6:32:59 PM5/26/17
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER wrote:

> 1) Your report (claim) that you have -no-
> hypoglycemia

My next goal is to use exercise to get off insulin.

That will be 0% hypoglycemia from exogenous for sure.

How about them apples?