Omnipod 5 G6 - How's It Going?

_

Oct 18, 2022, 12:43:33 PM10/18/22
I saw my doctor recently & he asked me
my opinion about using this. I said it was
perhaps slightly better than before, but
I'm getting an HbA1c test tomorrow & I'll
report back on what that result is & that
will impact what my actual opinion is.

One disappointment, the propensity for
the device to turn off basal dosages when
the glucose level is in the 150 mg/dl area.
Why the device does that? I have no idea.

A problem often transpires when I switch
to manual mode to turn on basal dosages
& I forget I switched to manual mode & go
to bed. That sets up a risk of the glucose
going too low & as the insulin pump con-
trol device just has a tiny Manual word ...

... to indicate it's in Manual mode rather
than Automatic mode, it's easy to forget
that's happening when I awake during
sleep. They need to alert that that's hap-
pening by displaying an easily recogniz-
able color with reverse lettering at the top.

Anyway, last 4 weeks (Sep 22 to Oct 18 2022)
I show

AGP Graphic 4 Weeks (Sep 22 to Oct 18 2022)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/AGP-Graphic-4Weeks-Sep22toOct18-2022.jpg

o 3% above 180 mg/dl
o 94% 70 to 180 mg/dl
o 3% below 70 mg/dl

GMI 6.1 (glucose management indicator theo-
retically represents average glucose level that
is purported to correspond to HbA1c but in the
past, I've found this average is quite a bit higher
than what my actual HbA1c is)

Average 118 mg/dl
Standard Deviation 28 mg/dl
Coefficient of Variation 23.5%
Median 115 mg/dl

Daily insulin dose 27.2 units
Basal/Day 13.3 units (49%)
Bolus/Day 13.9 units (51%)

Bolus insulin doses per day 8.3

Automatic mode 84%
Manual mode 16%

Diet of 178.4 grams carbs per day
4.7 carb entries per day

*~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~*

INSULINITIS (ISLIT)

New SUPERIOR clarifying name for near-
total to total loss of endogenous insulin
https://prohuman.net/pix2/new_superior_clarifying_name_is_INSULINITIS.jpg

The overwhelming majority of Islit caused
by autoimmune attacks on pancreatic beta
cells (Insulitis Islit) but there are

o 15 specific types of rapid onset Islit, a
rare condition (only present in < one-half
of 1% of Americans & in a much lower rate
in most of the world), when present is typ-
ically diagnosed at age under 30
(50% at age < 18, 20% at age 19 to 29)

o 1 slow onset specific type, Latent Auto-
immune Islit, frequency unknown but per
a recent report, misdiagnosed as Cellosis
(new clarifying name for type 2 diabetes)
almost 40% of the time due to slow onset
& occurrence typically at age over 30

Old outdated anachronistic name for Islit is
type 1 diabetes, confusing in that diabetes
without clarifier is often used to describe this
& the other 6 Disparate High Glucose Con-
ditions (DHGCs).

That makes figuring out which DHGC is actu-
ally being referred to (& it can be any 1, some,
or all of them when diabetes or diabetic word
used without clarifier) confusing / difficult:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticconfusion.jpg
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticendingthemisunderstanding.jpg

Recent estimate that 20 million have Islit in the
world, 1 in 394 (2.583/10ths of 1%), less than
5% of the almost 470 million in the world who
have any of the 7 DHGCs, 95% having Cellosis
(see below for causalities):
https://groups.google.com/g/misc.health.diabetes/c/58ZoHZEZ51w/m/EBejqoJQAQAJ

Notably, one's relatives and one's birthplace
dramatically impact one's risk of getting the
Insulitis-caused Islit, as listed in details of all
15 specific types of rapid-onset Islit & the sole
specific type of slow onset Latent Autoimmune
Islit at
https://groups.google.com/g/misc.health.diabetes/c/aOsrugeqYqs/m/MlI8I6PzAAAJ

- - -

Insulin / Insulin Pump / CGM I use

Fiasp Ultra-Fast-Acting Insulin in a
tubeless Omnipod insulin pump catheter
placed into skin / pod with adhesive
stuck onto skin every 80 hours, control
via Omnipod 5 Controller connected to
Dexcom G6 CGM providing auto-basil-dos-
aging based on CGM glucose levels)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Omnipod5insulinpump-connectedtoDexcomG6CGM.png

Dexcom G6 CGM (continuous glucose monitor
connected to Omnipod)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Dexcom_G6_CGM.jpg

- - -

Stop Diabetes/Diabetic Confusion
with New Superior Clarifying Terms
https://www.change.org/stopdiabetesdiabeticconfusionwithNewSuperiorClarifyingTerms

- - -

o Preventable Cellosis is the only specific
type of Disparate High Glucose Condition
that is preventable & reversible (in many,
sometimes it's called type 2 diabetes, often
confusingly called diabetes with no clarifier)

Risk for Preventable Cellosis, Hypertension,
& Cardiovascular Disease increases as one's
weight increases but BMI risk increases at
lower BMI levels in non-white individuals:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/BMI-WaistCircumference-Cellosis&Hypertension&CardiovascularDisease-Risk.jpg
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-05-bmi-offs-obesity-diabetes-non-white.html

o PreCellosis (often confusingly called predia-
betes with no clarifier) is the oft-times preven-
table & reversible Cellosis precondition that all-
too-often the overwhelming majority having it
are unaware they have it (almost 3 times more
have PreCellosis than have Cellosis).

o 20 specific types of Cellosis, unpreventable
& nonreversible (thus far, sometimes called
type 2 diabetes, all-too-often confusingly called
diabetes with no clarifier)

Per the following article, 5.3% with Cellosis
used exogenous insulin in 2019.
https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2019-12-13/tandem-diabetes-care-announces-fda-clearance-of-the-t-slim-x2-insulin-pump-with-control-iq-advanced-hybrid-closed-loop

- - -

o 4 other Disparate High Glucose Conditions
exist (Gestational Cellosis, Diminosis, Neonatal
Diminosis, Ohiglucons), all 7 DHGCs fully des-
cribed in the following article:

Logic and reasoning behind ceasing using
confusing / misleading / misinforming diabetes
& diabetic & reactive hypoglycemia words and
phrases, replacing all of that with vastly superior
clarifying names:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

*~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~*

_

Oct 18, 2022, 4:55:10 PM10/18/22
Follow-up: I find the --- (dotted line) which
indicates the highest & lowest readings to
be an annoying & unhelpful distraction as
it tells nothing about how many times the
glucose has been above & below the 10 to
90 percent area so in the following ...

... version 2 of that graphic I've removed
the --- (dotted line) as it conveys annoying
distracting unhelpful information in my
opinion:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/AGP-Graphic-4Weeks-Sep22toOct18-2022-version2.jpg

After all, there are 288 readings per day
so over the 28 day period in this graphic
there are 8,064 readings (almost as every
10 days the CGM is unavailable for 2 hours
to insert a new sensor), & all it takes is 1 ...

... too high or too low reading to create
that distracting annoying unhelpful line,
but hey, I've left the original graphic with
that line below, so those who think that
line has merit, you can be distracted &/or
annoyed by it on the original graphic below.

Sidenote: I just now realized I erred & the
Sep 22 to Oct 18 period only covers 27
days, so that's 1 day short of 4 weeks.

I decided to add one more graphic to dis-
play all readings in a Spaghetti Graphic
showing day-by-day with different colors
for each day. In that 27 day period, 3 to 4
lines cover each day, so one can plainly ...

... see that there really are very few read-
ings above & below the 90% area of the
AGP graphic:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Spaghetti-Graphic-4Weeks-Sep22toOct18-2022.jpg

On Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 11:43:33 AM UTC-5, _ wrote:

.> I saw my doctor recently & he asked me
.> my opinion about using this. I said it was
.> perhaps slightly better than before, but
.> I'm getting an HbA1c test tomorrow & I'll
.> report back on what that result is & that
.> will impact what my actual opinion is.
.>
.> One disappointment, the propensity for
.> the device to turn off basal dosages when
.> the glucose level is in the 150 mg/dl area.
.> Why the device does that? I have no idea.
.>
.> A problem often transpires when I switch
.> to manual mode to turn on basal dosages
.> & I forget I switched to manual mode & go
.> to bed. That sets up a risk of the glucose
.> going too low & as the insulin pump con-
.> trol device just has a tiny Manual word ...
.>
.> ... to indicate it's in Manual mode rather
.> than Automatic mode, it's easy to forget
.> that's happening when I awake during
.> sleep. They need to alert that that's hap-
.> pening by displaying an easily recogniz-
.> able color with reverse lettering at the top.
.>
.> Anyway, last almost 4 weeks (Sep 22 to Oct 18 2022)
.> I show
.>
.> AGP Graphic Almost 4 Weeks (Sep 22 to Oct 18 2022)
.> https://prohuman.net/pix2/AGP-Graphic-4Weeks-Sep22toOct18-2022.jpg

Version 2 of that graphic which removes the
highest & lowest glucose level lines which, in
my opinion, are annoying/distracting/unhelpful:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/AGP-Graphic-4Weeks-Sep22toOct18-2022-version2.jpg

Spaghetti Graphic showing every day in differ-
ent colors for each day, 3 to 4 lines for each
day (Sep 22 to Oct 18 2022)
[...]

.> *~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~*
.>
.> INSULINITIS (ISLIT)
.>
[...]
.> - - -
.>
[...]

_

Oct 25, 2022, 5:31:48 PM10/25/22
Follow-up 2:

I completely forgot about my blood test,
& today my doc called with some good
information & information he says re-
quires I go back (tomorrow) to get re-
tested about.

/> .> I saw my doctor recently & he asked me
/> .> my opinion about using this. I said it was
/> .> perhaps slightly better than before, but
/> .> I'm getting an HbA1c test tomorrow & I'll
/> .> report back on what that result is & that
/> .> will impact what my actual opinion is.

My HbA1c is 5.4, so I'm surprised & as
such I'm inclined to be very encouraged
by that and as such give my Omnipod 5
G6 insulin pump an A+.

! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ !

Superior Clarifying Names first created &
defined in 2010, trying to replace outdated
anachronistic confusing misleading diabetes
/ diabetic / reactive hypoglycemia words &
phrases:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
Exemplary! https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
Outstanding! https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
Sooner is Ideal! https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm