OT - Videos for Americans should use terms Americans are accustomed to

_

Oct 30, 2021, 4:36:40 PM10/30/21
It amazes me, the propensity for many
in the scientific & other communities to
use metric terms when producing videos
for American viewers.

They might as well use Chinese or Russian
or Greek when they babble on about stones
or meters or kilometers or Celsius as most
Americans use inches, feet, pounds, miles,
tablespoons, ounces, Fahrenheit.

As for Disparate High Glucose Conditions,
like Islit (Insulinitis, near-total to total loss
of endogenous insulin), Europeans often
recite their glucose levels in mmol/L. For
some reason, glucose levels in America
use mg/dL. Why? I have no idea other ...

... than the propensity for differences to
exist for no logical or defensible reason:
https://www.joslin.org/patient-care/diabetes-education/diabetes-learning-center/conversion-table-blood-glucose-monitoring

Back to metric/American differences, if
they really wanted to reach & influence
Americans, they should do the work of
converting to terms Americans are famil-
iar with when making videos for American
audiences.

It appears that much of the scientific com-
munity doesn't give a damn about connec-
ting with American audiences & couldn't
care less that their arrogance turns off
Americans & contributes to many Ameri-
cans being disinterested in science.

They'd rather have Americans whipping
out their conversion calculators to grasp
the metric terms they incessantly use (if
they even care to think about such mat-
ters) than they would simply use those
same calculators themselves & use terms ...

... Americans are accustomed to in order
to connect with and engage and increase
the receptivity of American audiences to
science.

An example of the importance Americans
place on their customary measurements:

"One World Trade Center, the building, in-
cluding its spire, reach a total height of
1,776 feet. Its height in feet is a deliberate
reference to the year when the United States
Declaration of Independence was signed."

That's AMERICAN. 541 meters, the metric
height of the building, is meaningless to
Americans. Sheesh, get real, videos for
Americans should use the lingo Americans
use, NOT the lingo of Europeans or any-
where else, and should NOT arrogantly ...

... impose non-American metric terminol-
ogy as if in doing so Americans are in any
way impressed, we're NOT, we're turned off
every time we have to reach for a damn con-
version calculator to figure out what the hell
the metric lingo means in inches or feet or ...

... pounds or miles or tablespoons or ounces
or Fahrenheit.

! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ !

Superior Clarifying Names first created and
defined in 2010, trying to replace outdated
anachronistic confusing misleading diabetes
/ diabetic / reactive hypoglycemia words and
phrases:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
Exemplary! https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
Outstanding! https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
Sooner is Ideal! https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

- - -

The old confusing way which all-too-often
involves folks using the diabetes / diabetic
words without a clarifier:

diabetes / diabetic without a clarifier,
diabetes / diabetic guessing required
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg

- - -

Stop Diabetes/Diabetic Confusion