Vertex (trying to cure Insulinitis) - Recent Video

_

Mar 21, 2022, 4:41:45 PM3/21/22
(correcting re-post to fix 3 typos)

Just now I watched a recently released
video about "How There Could Finally Be
A Cure For Insulinitis (Islit, abbreviation
for superior new clarifying word for near-
total to total loss of endogenous insulin)".
https://youtu.be/E5bacxqobwY

The video exhibited the typical flaw of the
use of the diabetes word over & over & over
again without clarifier, a flaw that is easily
fixable if entities with vision & admiration
for clarity invoked the new superior names
for the 7 Disparate High Glucose Conditions
that I created in 2010.

Anyway, the article failed to indicate how
many in the world have Islit. It did say 537
million or so have any of the 7 Disparate
High Glucose Conditions, failing to share
that < 5% of that number have Islit, & about
95% of that number have Cellosis (new ...

... superior clarifying name for type 2 dia-
betes). The much less frequent Disparate
High Glucose Conditions (Latent Autoim-
mune Islit, Gestational Cellosis, Diminosis,
Neonatal Diminosis, & Ohiglucons were
not mentioned (see sig for details).

Such is the nature of the outdated anachron-
istic annoying confusing misleading Diabetes
& Diabetic words used throughout the video,
guessing required when correct clarifier is not
used. They used type 1 a few times & type 2
once.

The video focused on an Islit individual who
has had relief from his exogenous insulin dos-
ing (92% reduced) thanks to a multi-year clini-
cal trial, he being 1 of 2 that have received the
insulin-lowering treatment thus far. The video
indicates 17 more will receive the treatment ...

... during the multi-year clinical trial, finish date
unknown. A scary aspect of the Vertex treat-
ment, a requirement to use immunosuppres-
sants for life, that's still involved.

I appreciate the optimism of those at Vertex &
JDRF, but I fail to share their optimism until or
unless they can eliminate the requirement for
immunosuppressants.

The gentleman who received the Vertex treat-
ment, the video says his glucose levels aver-
age 146 mg/ml.

---

Meanwhile, back in the land of the real, despite
the FDA approving the Omnipod 5 tubeless in-
sulin pump for auto-adjusting basin insulin dos-
ages, I tried to get it via my Humana insurance
today, & they said I couldn't do so. Don't know
when it will be available. I suppose I'll try again
in 3 months.

My Dexcom G6 CGMs, I made the mistake of
telling them I had changed doctors, & they are
requiring my new doctor to give them a pre-
scription for those (under the Durable Medical
Equipment area). It was hard to set that up, &
I dread having to go through that again, but ...

... the process has begun, & hopefully I'll get
approval via the Humana / CCS Medical enti-
ties before my Dexcom G6 supplies run out
38 days from now. Oh joy.

I had to go back to get an HbA1c test this morn-
ing, & upon checking with my Doc's office, I found
out about the unavailability of the Omnipod 5. I
had to reinform them I needed the old Omnipod
Dash pods (90 day supply) as they hadn't ordered
those, I began the Dexcom G6 process that I men-
tioned above, & I re-informed them I needed my
90 day supply of Fiasp insulin as they hadn't ord-
ered those yet, mysteriously.

I'll call back tomorrow to follow-up. Shows you
how _____-up our current medical system is, but
hey, why complain, just documenting the facts,
and I'll follow up with progress (or lack thereof)
as the days proceed.

Back to "the cure", the video doesn't address in
specifics the alternatives to Vertex, but it does
say that there are an array of methods being re-
searched to find "the cure" or "near-cure" for In-
sulinitis (among them, a smart artificial pancreas
ideally, if possible, eliminating both hypoglycemia
& hyperglycemia).

Sidenote: An admirer of beautiful women am I, &
the VP & Disease Area Executive at Vertex Pharm-
aceuticals, Felicia Pagliuca, gets my vote for the
most beautiful woman I've ever seen involved in
trying to cure Islit (27 to 40 seconds into the video).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER, Insulinitis (Islit)
since age 5. I got Islit 61 years ago, March 1961.
https://prohuman.net/pix2/new_superior_clarifying_name_is_INSULINITIS.jpg

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
ASAP! https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
The Sooner The Better! https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

- - -

The old confusing way which all-too-often
involves folks using the diabetes / diabetic
words without a clarifier:

diabetes / diabetic without a clarifier,
diabetes / diabetic guessing required
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg

- - -

Logic and reasoning behind ceasing using
diabetes & diabetic & reactive hypoglycemia
words and phrases, replacing all that with
vastly superior names, ending diabetes &
diabetic & reactive hypoglycemia confusion,
misleading, & misunderstanding:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
Splendid! https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

- - -

Disparate High Glucose Conditions,
DHGCs, 7 disparate categories of
unpreventability / nonreversibility
of all-but-one of the specific types
of DHGCs (thus far, research actively
trying to change that):

o 15 specific types of rapid-onset Insul-
initis (Islit), unpreventable & nonrevers-
ible (thus far), the overwhelming majority
with Islit have Insulitis Islit (sometimes
called type 1 diabetes, often confusingly
called diabetes with no clarifier)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/new_superior_clarifying_name_is_INSULINITIS.jpg

14 specific types of Islit are not caused
by Insulitis, present in a small minority
of those with Islit.

o 1 specific type of slow-onset Islit, Latent
Autoimmune Islit, also unpreventable &
nonreversible (thus far) (sometimes called
latent autoimmune diabetes in adults, often
confusingly called diabetes with no clarifier)

o Preventable Cellosis is the only specific
type of DHGC that is preventable & revers-
ible (in many, sometimes it's called type 2
diabetes, often confusingly called diabetes
with no clarifier)

Risk for Preventable Cellosis, Hypertension,
& Cardiovascular Disease increases as one's
weight increases but BMI risk increases at
lower BMI levels in non-white individuals:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/BMI-WaistCircumference-Cellosis&Hypertension&CardiovascularDisease-Risk.jpg
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-05-bmi-offs-obesity-diabetes-non-white.html

PreCellosis (often confusingly called pre-
diabetes with no clarifier) is the oft-times
preventable & reversible Cellosis precondi-
tion that all-too-often the overwhelming ma-
jority having it are unaware they have it

o 20 specific types of Cellosis, unpreven-
table & nonreversible (thus far, sometimes
called type 2 diabetes, all-too-often con-
fusingly called diabetes with no clarifier)

o 1 specific type of DHGC only occurring
in the late stage of impregnation in women,
a type that's transient but that increases
risk of later getting Cellosis, that ...

... condition called Gestational Cellosis
(sometimes called gestational diabetes,
sometimes confusingly called diabetes with
no clarifier).

o 11 specific types of Diminosis (new name
created in 2010 for a monogenic condition
> age 6 months that sometimes is called
maturity onset diabetes of the young, some-
times confusingly called diabetes with no
clarifier), unpreventable & non-reversible
(thus far).

o 12 specific types of Neonatal Diminosis
(new name created in 2010 for a monogenic
condition at age < or = 6 months that some-
times is called neonatal diabetes, sometimes
confusingly called diabetes with no ...

... clarifier), 8 types are permanent & unpre-
ventable & nonreversible (thus far); 4 specific
types are transient but can recur.

o 25 specific types of Ohiglucons (new name
created in 2010 for other diabetes mellitus,
but often confusingly called diabetes with
no clarifier).

23 specific types are totally unpreventable.

Hemochromatosis Ohiglucon, is only preventa-
ble if Hemochromatosis is found and treated
before it damages the pancreas.

Immunosuppressants Ohiglucon, caused after
a transplant with the required use of immun-
osuppressants, 50% is temporary, but if it
persists for over a year, most likely the condi-
tion is permanent.

If endogenous insulin production is near-totally
to totally lost & does not recover after immuno-
suppressants dosages reduced, it causes Im-
munosuppressants Islit.

- - -

A mostly Non-Glucose Anomaly, Insipidus, it's
also unpreventable & nonreversible (thus far):

o 6 specific types of Insipidus (new name
created in 2010 for diabetes insipidus, some-
times confusingly called diabetes with no clar-
ifier), 4 specific types don't include high glucose
& are unpreventable & nonreversible (thus far),
2 specific rare types do include high glucose &
are unpreventable & nonreversible (thus far).

- - -

The following condition is apart from the
diabetes confusion problem, but has confu-
sion issues of its own.

A Low Glucose Condition, Hut:

o The 21 specific types of Hut (new name
created in 2010 for Hypoglycemia Uncaused
by Treatments for High Glucose, often con-
fusingly called reactive hypoglycemia, con-
fusing in that it does not occur as a reac-
tion to treatment for High Glucose; one ...

... form sometimes called hyperinsulinism),
some specific types are preventable & rever-
sible, some aren't (thus far).

- - -

Stop Diabetes/Diabetic Confusion
with New Superior Clarifying Terms
https://www.change.org/stopdiabetesdiabeticconfusionwithNewSuperiorClarifyingTerms

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

_

Mar 26, 2022, 12:53:37 PM3/26/22
Follow-up:

On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 3:41:45 PM UTC-5, _ wrote:

.> Just now I watched a recently released
.> video about "How There Could Finally Be
.> A Cure For Insulinitis (Islit, abbreviation
.> for superior new clarifying word for near-
.> total to total loss of endogenous insulin)".
.> https://youtu.be/E5bacxqobwY
.>
.> The video exhibited the typical flaw of the
.> use of the diabetes word over & over & over
.> again without clarifier, a flaw that is easily
.> fixable if entities with vision & admiration
.> for clarity invoked the new superior names
.> for the 7 Disparate High Glucose Conditions
.> that I created in 2010.
.>
.> Anyway, the article failed to indicate how
.> many in the world have Islit. It did say 537
.> million or so have any of the 7 Disparate
.> High Glucose Conditions, failing to share
.> that < 5% of that number have Islit, & about
.> 95% of that number have Cellosis (new ...
.>
.> ... superior clarifying name for type 2 dia-
.> betes). The much less frequent Disparate
.> High Glucose Conditions (Latent Autoim-
> mune Islit, Gestational Cellosis, Diminosis,
.> Neonatal Diminosis, & Ohiglucons were
.> not mentioned (see sig for details).
.>
.> Such is the nature of the outdated anachron-
.> istic annoying confusing misleading Diabetes
.> & Diabetic words used throughout the video,
.> guessing required when correct clarifier is not
.> used. They used type 1 a few times & type 2
.> once.
.>
.> The video focused on an Islit individual who
.> has had relief from his exogenous insulin dos-
.> ing (92% reduced) thanks to a multi-year clini-
.> cal trial, he being 1 of 2 that have received the
.> insulin-lowering treatment thus far. The video
.> indicates 17 more will receive the treatment ...
.>
.> ... during the multi-year clinical trial, finish date
.> unknown. A scary aspect of the Vertex treat-
.> ment, a requirement to use immunosuppres-
.> sants for life, that's still involved.
.>
.> I appreciate the optimism of those at Vertex &
.> JDRF, but I fail to share their optimism until or
.> unless they can eliminate the requirement for
.> immunosuppressants.
.>
.> The gentleman who received the Vertex treat-
.> ment, the video says his glucose levels aver-
.> age 146 mg/ml.
.>
.> ---
.>
[...]

Dexcom G6, still working on getting approval
for that - I'll have to call my doctor's office on
Monday to see what's going on with that.

.>
.> I had to go back to get an HbA1c test this morn-
.> ing, & upon checking with my Doc's office, I found
.> out about the unavailability of the Omnipod 5. I
.> had to reinform them I needed the old Omnipod
.> Dash pods (90 day supply) as they hadn't ordered
.> those, I began the Dexcom G6 process that I men-
.> tioned above, & I re-informed them I needed my
.> 90 day supply of Fiasp insulin as they hadn't ord-
.> ered those yet, mysteriously.

Today, got 5 vials of Fiasp insulin & 90 day supply
of Omnipod DASH pods ordered. Fiasp was deduc-
tible of $19 per vial & Omnipod DASH pods was
deductible of $1.50 per pod (30 pods), total deduc-
tible for 90 days = $140.

.>
[...]
.> ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.>
.> Pro-Humanist FREELOVER, Insulinitis (Islit)
.> since age 5. I got Islit 61 years ago, March 1961.
.> https://prohuman.net/pix2/new_superior_clarifying_name_is_INSULINITIS.jpg
.>
.> C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
.> ASAP! https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm
.>
.> Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
.> Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
.> The Sooner The Better! https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm
.>
.> - - -
.>
[...]

_

Mar 28, 2022, 12:27:17 PM3/28/22
Follow-up 2:

Dexcom G6 CGM, it showed up on the CCS
Medical website today. I called them & was
told it will ship today, so I should receive it
by next week. I didn't inquire about the de-
ductible amount but think it will be $140 or
so for 9 sensors & 1 transmitter.