Omnipod 5 Controller Death

_

Dec 14, 2022, 3:43:26 PM12/14/22
Yesterday morning, when trying to replace
my Omnipod via an insertion, my Omnipod
Controller said

More than one Pod found

Move away from other Pods and
try again.

---

I did that, placing my old Pod in the freezer,
and tried again. I got the same message and
I tried & tried & tried again, but kept getting
the same message.

So, I gave up and tried another new Pod after
placing the Pod that wasn't activating in the
freezer with the other old Pod.

---

Once again, I got the same incorrect message:

More than one Pod found

Move away from other Pods and
try again.

So, after trying again & again & again, I called
Omnipod & after a rather lengthy conversation,
I was told I needed a new Omnipod 5 Controller.
They shipped it overnight along with 2 Pods to
replace the 2 that wouldn't activate, just got
them so I'll be activating my new Controller &
Pod after writing this message.

Fortunately, I had 2-years-old NPH insulin in
my refrigerator & 30 or so insulin syringes,
so I've been using that & Fiasp insulin injec-
tions since yesterday & have been successful
in keeping my glucose level normal during that
time.

Don't now hold long I'll be able to use expired
NPH insulin, but hey, I suppose I'll keep using
it 'til it shows itself to be no longer working.

---

Frustrating? Yes, but as always, I'm thankful
that the Omnipod 5 folks responded appro-
priately & I will be back to my normal Omni-
pod 5 modus operandi shortly.

I went ahead & set my new Omnipod con-
troller up & activated a new pod at 2:42 pm.

*~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~*

INSULINITIS (ISLIT)

New SUPERIOR clarifying name for near-
total to total loss of endogenous insulin
https://prohuman.net/pix2/new_superior_clarifying_name_is_INSULINITIS.jpg

The overwhelming majority of Islit caused
by autoimmune attacks on pancreatic beta
cells (Insulitis Islit) but there are

o 15 specific types of rapid onset Islit, a
rare condition (only present in < one-half
of 1% of Americans & in a much lower rate
in most of the world), when present is typ-
ically diagnosed at age under 30
(50% at age < 18, 20% at age 19 to 29)

o 1 slow onset specific type, Latent Auto-
immune Islit, frequency unknown but per
a recent report, misdiagnosed as Cellosis
(new clarifying name for type 2 diabetes)
almost 40% of the time due to slow onset
& occurrence typically at age over 30

Old outdated anachronistic name for Islit is
type 1 diabetes, confusing in that diabetes
without clarifier is often used to describe this
& the other 6 Disparate High Glucose Con-
ditions (DHGCs).

That makes figuring out which DHGC is actu-
ally being referred to (& it can be any 1, some,
or all of them when diabetes or diabetic word
used without clarifier) confusing / difficult:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticconfusion.jpg
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticendingthemisunderstanding.jpg

Recent estimate that 20 million have Islit in the
world, 1 in 394 (2.583/10ths of 1%), less than
5% of the almost 470 million in the world who
have any of the 7 DHGCs, 95% having Cellosis
(see below for causalities):
https://groups.google.com/g/misc.health.diabetes/c/58ZoHZEZ51w/m/EBejqoJQAQAJ

Notably, one's relatives and one's birthplace
dramatically impact one's risk of getting the
Insulitis-caused Islit, as listed in details of all
15 specific types of rapid-onset Islit & the sole
specific type of slow onset Latent Autoimmune
Islit at
https://groups.google.com/g/misc.health.diabetes/c/aOsrugeqYqs/m/MlI8I6PzAAAJ

- - -

Insulin / Insulin Pump / CGM I use

Fiasp Ultra-Fast-Acting Insulin in a
tubeless Omnipod insulin pump catheter
placed into skin / pod with adhesive
stuck onto skin every 80 hours, control
via Omnipod 5 Controller connected to
Dexcom G6 CGM providing auto-basil-dos-
aging based on CGM glucose levels)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Omnipod5insulinpump-connectedtoDexcomG6CGM.png

Dexcom G6 CGM (continuous glucose monitor
connected to Omnipod)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Dexcom_G6_CGM.jpg

- - -

Stop Diabetes/Diabetic Confusion
with New Superior Clarifying Terms
https://www.change.org/stopdiabetesdiabeticconfusionwithNewSuperiorClarifyingTerms

- - -

o Preventable Cellosis is the only specific
type of Disparate High Glucose Condition
that is preventable & reversible (in many,
sometimes it's called type 2 diabetes, often
confusingly called diabetes with no clarifier)

Risk for Preventable Cellosis, Hypertension,
& Cardiovascular Disease increases as one's
weight increases but BMI risk increases at
lower BMI levels in non-white individuals:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/BMI-WaistCircumference-Cellosis&Hypertension&CardiovascularDisease-Risk.jpg
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-05-bmi-offs-obesity-diabetes-non-white.html

o PreCellosis (often confusingly called predia-
betes with no clarifier) is the oft-times preven-
table & reversible Cellosis precondition that all-
too-often the overwhelming majority having it
are unaware they have it (almost 3 times more
have PreCellosis than have Cellosis).

o 20 specific types of Cellosis, unpreventable
& nonreversible (thus far, sometimes called
type 2 diabetes, all-too-often confusingly called
diabetes with no clarifier)

Per the following article, 5.3% with Cellosis
used exogenous insulin in 2019.
https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2019-12-13/tandem-diabetes-care-announces-fda-clearance-of-the-t-slim-x2-insulin-pump-with-control-iq-advanced-hybrid-closed-loop

- - -

o 4 other Disparate High Glucose Conditions
exist (Gestational Cellosis, Diminosis, Neonatal
Diminosis, Ohiglucons), all 7 DHGCs fully des-
cribed in the following article:

Logic and reasoning behind ceasing using
confusing / misleading / misinforming diabetes
& diabetic & reactive hypoglycemia words and
phrases, replacing all of that with vastly superior
clarifying names:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

_