Republicans block cap on insulin costs

_

Aug 7, 2022, 3:43:49 PM8/7/22
August 7 2022
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/republicans-block-cap-insulin-costs-many-americans-democratic-deal-rcna41913

Republicans stripped out a provision to cap
insulin costs at $35 for private insurers, but
... the $35 insulin copay cap for insulin in
Medicare remains in the bill ...

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER, Freethinking
Realist Exploring Expressive Liberty,
Openness, Verity, Enlightenment, and
Rationality, hoping for a day when all
human ills are overcome and peace, ...

... love, joy, and happiness fills our
lives with boundless enthusiasm for
being the best we all can be in an
everlasting manner if possible !!!

- - -

Superior Clarifying Names first created
and defined in 2010, trying to replace
outdated anachronistic confusing misleading
diabetes / diabetic / reactive hypoglycemia
words and phrases:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
Exemplary! https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
Outstanding! https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
Sooner is Ideal! https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

- - -

I was diagnosed with Islit (Insulinitis)
caused by Insulitis (autoimmune attack
on pancreatic beta cells) at age 5, in
March 1961, Insulitis Islit just 1 of
the 15 specific types of Islit.

Exogenous Insulin & Bloodprick / CGM
Glucose Tests History - 1961 to 2022
https://groups.google.com/g/misc.health.diabetes/c/ILDkE7z2ZLk/m/Q0T-B-Y7AQAJ

INSULINITIS (ISLIT)

New SUPERIOR clarifying name for near-
total to total loss of endogenous insulin
https://prohuman.net/pix2/new_superior_clarifying_name_is_INSULINITIS.jpg

The overwhelming majority of Islit caused by
autoimmune attacks on pancreatic beta cells
(Insulitis Islit) but there are

o 15 specific types of rapid onset Islit, a
rare condition (only present in < one-half
of 1% of Americans & in a much lower rate
in most of the world), when present is typ-
ically diagnosed at age under 30
(50% at age < 18, 20% at age 19 to 29)

o 1 slow onset specific type, Latent Autoim-
mune Islit, frequency unknown but per a
recent report, misdiagnosed as Cellosis
(new clarifying name for type 2 diabetes)
almost 40% of the time due to its slow
onset and its occurrence typically at age
over 30

Old outdated anachronistic name for Islit is
type 1 diabetes, confusing in that diabetes
without clarifier is often used to describe
this condition which is 1 of the 7 Disparate
High Glucose Conditions (DHGCs).

That makes figuring out which DHGC is actu-
ally being referred to (and it can be any one,
or some, or all of them when the diabetes
or diabetic word is used without clarifier)
confusing / difficult:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticconfusion.jpg
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticendingthemisunderstanding.jpg

- - -

Insulin / Insulin Pump / CGM I use

Fiasp Ultra-Fast-Acting Insulin in a
tubeless Omnipod insulin pump catheter
placed into skin / pod with adhesive
stuck onto skin every 80 hours, control
via Omnipod 5 Controller connected to
Dexcom G6 CGM providing auto-basil-dos-
aging based on CGM glucose levels)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Omnipod5insulinpump-connectedtoDexcomG6CGM.png

Dexcom G6 CGM (continuous glucose monitor
connected to Omnipod)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Dexcom_G6_CGM.jpg

- - -

Non-Islit Disparate High Glucose Conditions:

PreCellosis / Cellosis - new clarifying name
for type 2 diabetes, 21 specific types, its
precondition is called PreCellosis.

Gestational Cellosis - DHGC that happens in
< 10% of pregnancies

Diminosis - monogenic diminished insulin
production occurring after age 6 months,
11 specific types

Neonatal Diminosis - monogenic diminished
insulin production in first 6 months, 12
specific types

Ohiglucons - Other High Glucose Conditions,
24 specific types

~~~

Mostly Non-Glucose Anomaly: Insipidus, 6
specific types

Low Glucose Anomaly: Hut (Hypoglycemia
Uncaused by Treatment for High Glucose),
21 specific types

~~~

Stop Diabetes/Diabetic Confusion
with New Superior Clarifying Terms
https://www.change.org/stopdiabetesdiabeticconfusionwithNewSuperiorClarifyingTerms

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Ladaz Odol

Aug 19, 2022, 1:37:23 AM8/19/22
Even without any insurance, insulin only cost $40/vial. So a price cap would seem to be quite unnecessary.

Also, the U.S. Constitution doesn't grant the federal government any authority over healthcare. So, only individual states would have the power to enact such a law.

_

Sep 4, 2022, 8:09:05 AM9/4/22
On Friday, August 19, 2022 at 12:37:23 AM UTC-5, Ladaz Odol wrote:
> Even without any insurance, insulin only cost $40/vial. So a price cap would seem to be quite unnecessary.
>
> Also, the U.S. Constitution doesn't grant the federal government any authority over healthcare. So, only individual states would have the power to enact such a law.

Actually, insulin cost is highly variable (note
that a typical vial of insulin contains 1,000
units, so keep that in mind regarding the
per unit prices in the following):
https://www.goodrx.com/healthcare-access/research/how-much-does-insulin-cost-compare-brands