OT - Russian Invasion of Ukraine

_

Feb 26, 2022, 2:34:01 PMFeb 26
~~~

February 18 2022

In a live broadcast, President Biden says U.S.
has intelligence that Putin has decided to
invade Ukraine in the coming week or days.
https://youtu.be/aOuqBc5hdZc

- - -
Updated 5:13 PM ET, Fri February 18, 2022

Biden says he's now convinced Putin
has decided to invade Ukraine

By Betsy Klein and Sam Fossum, CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/18/politics/joe-biden-russia-ukraine/index.html
- - -

President Joe Biden on Friday said he is now
convinced Russian President Vladimir Putin
has made the decision to invade Ukraine, but
emphasized that room for diplomacy remains.

"As of this moment, I am convinced he's made
the decision, we have reason to believe that,"
Biden said when asked if Putin had made the
decision to invade Ukraine.

~~~

February 19 2022

- - -
Ukraine's president calls for a list of sanctions
against Russia to be made public now
https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-news-02-19-22-intl/h_1830daf41bfd7a8ea04b2a4bba86d9fe
- - -

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has told CNN
that sanctions on Russia should be made public before
a potential invasion of Ukraine occurs.

Zelensky told CNN at the Munich Security Conference
that he disagreed with the stance that sanctions should
only be listed after an invasion by the Kremlin.

Comments: Obviously, sanctions *after* Russia invades
Ukraine have *no* preventative impact, so I agree with
Zelensky that to the extent that sanctions can help to
deter an invasion, the logical wisest move would be to
pronounce them prior to the invasion.

I would also add that NATO taking a non-intervention-
ist stance to using NATO air power and sea power to
try to prevent or counter a Russian invasion reminds
me of all the pacifist efforts to appease Hitler prior
to his invasion of Poland.

Unmentioned, the likely consequence of the invasion
would be Russia installing puppet rulers to in an effort
to re-implement Russian dominance over Ukraine in a
manner similar to the pre-1991 way they dominated
most East European countries.

~~~

February 21 2022

- - -
Putin orders Russian forces into Donetsk and
Luhansk, Ukraine's breakaway regions, after
recognizing their independence (i.e., Russia
denouncing Donetsk and Luhansk being part
of Ukraine, rejecting Ukrainian sovereignty
over Donetsk and Luhansk)
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-ukraine-breakaway-regions-putin-recognizes/
- - -

Previous breakaway from Ukraine, in 2014,
Russia annexed Crimea
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea

~~~

February 22 2022

Vladimir Putin, richest man in the world?

Don't know how the 'wealth' is computed for the
following lists, but for reasons unknown, the
wealth of Russia's leader Vladimir Putin is not
listed anywhere on the following lists (he's mys-
teriously missing though other Russians are
present on both lists):

Somehow being the pseudo-czar of Russia has
empowered Putin to impoverish all Russians ex-
cept his favored co-oligarchs and hide almost
all of his vast fortune, Forbes & Bloomberg not
bothering to try to find out what Putin's fortune
actually is.

https://www.forbes.com/real-time-billionaires/
1. Elon Musk $225.1 billion
2. Bernard Arnault & family $182.8 billion
3. Jeff Bezos $176.1 billion

https://www.bloomberg.com/billionaires/
1. Elon Musk $212 billion
2. Jeff Bezos $175 billion
3. Bernard Arnault $157 billion

---
February 22 2022

Putin's vast personal wealth has come into question
https://www.gbnews.uk/news/vladimir-putins-jaw-dropping-200bn-fortune-revealed-as-russia-on-brink-of-war-with-ukraine/232324
---

... US hedge fund manager Bill Browder estimates
Putin's worth to be around $200 billion, however,
others believe this figure could be even higher. ...

~~~

February 23 2022

Special Report: NATO officials say Russian
attack on Ukraine has begun
https://youtu.be/Bqy6cO6dgy4

- - -
UPDATED WED, FEB 23 202211:09 PM EST

Ukraine reports missile strikes after Putin
orders Russian forces to attack
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/23/putin-says-russia-open-to-diplomacy-as-moscow-hit-with-fresh-sanctions.html
- - -

Russia’s attack on Ukraine is underway.

Russian President Vladimir Putin, in an early
Thursday morning address in Moscow, an-
nounced that Russia would launch a military
action in Ukraine. Soon thereafter, NBC News
reported that explosions were heard in Kyiv,
the Ukrainian capital.

U.S. President Joe Biden condemned the at-
tack. “The world will hold Russia accountable,”
he said.

... NATO chief condemns Russian attack on
Ukraine

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg
in a statement condemned Russia’s military
action against Ukraine.

“I strongly condemn Russia’s reckless &
unprovoked attack on Ukraine, which puts
at risk countless civilian lives,” Stoltenberg
said.

“Once again, despite our repeated warnings
& tireless efforts to engage in diplomacy,
Russia has chosen the path of aggression
against a sovereign & independent country,”
he said.

... Ukraine official: ‘Cruise and ballistic mis-
sile strikes are underway’

~~~

February 25 2022

On CNN with Wolf Blitzer the evening of Feb-
ruary 25, former NATO Commander Wesley
Clark called on the U.S. to go to the U.N. de-
manding Russua to stop the attack on Ukraine.

Following that, representative John Kinzinger
called on the U.S. to declare Ukraine a no fly
zone, NATO air forces preventing Russian jets
from flying over Ukraine. John's position is ...

... that NATO superiority will be able to prevent
Russian air attacks, "giving Ukraine a fighting
chance".
https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger

Various news articles have stated this would
amount to a war between NATO & Russia. It
appears that Ukrainians are being sacrificed
out of fear of World War 3, & NATO acting as
if Ukraine can be ignored/sacrificed & thous-
ands of Ukrainians dying is a moral stance ...

... is not, in my opinion, defensible. Appease-
ment is morally bankrupt, and in my opinion,
appeasement is the stance the U.S. & NATO
have adopted, sanctions & military supplies
small solace as Ukraine is being destroyed.

Zelensky, who remains in Kyiv at great risk,
having stated he is the primary target & his
family is the secondary target, he states that
the war will be decided in Kyiv tonight. Russia
has threatened killing family member of Ukrain-
ian soldiers.

In my opinion, the U.S. and NATO *must* move
aggressively to stop Russia from destroying
Ukraine, & idiotic rules that prevent NATO from
protecting Ukraine *must* be ended. The very
least the U.S. & NATO can do, a no fly zone,
should be implemented immediately, in my
opinion.

The path to freedom has no room for cowards.

I really don't grasp why so little is being done by
the West or why the rules of NATO seem to ex-
clude all of Europe that's not part of NATO or
why Ukraine has been kept out of NATO or why
Putin is risking the start of what may end up be-
ing the end of human civilization.

I just don't get it.

~~~

February 26 2022

Breaking: Germany to help arm Ukraine
https://youtu.be/dwYhSSehvSA0

Ex-President of Ukraine (Petro Poroshenko,
President of Ukraine 2014 to 2019), he's in
Kyiv with a weapon fighting the Russian in-
vasion:

Ukraine crisis: 'Putin will meet hell' says
former president Petro Poroshenko
https://youtu.be/6SOVTHjHjbw

Petro Poroshenko
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petro_Poroshenko

Ukrainian ambassador asks Nato
for a ‘no fly zone’ over country
amid Russian invasion
https://youtu.be/pdyfqamYtzY

Americans at Times Square &
Protesters Around the World
rally in support of Ukraine &
against the Russian invasion
https://youtu.be/aZU1XfB3bvk

Ukraine's Tiananmen moment: Local man
(somewhere in Ukraine) climbs on top of
Russian tank before kneeling on the ground
https://youtu.be/yJEKlaIp92k

Russians Join the World in
Anti-War Protests Against
Russian Invasion of Ukraine
https://youtu.be/lYBUimAWuPc

Ukraine Children
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ukraine+Children

! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ !

Superior Clarifying Names first created and
defined in 2010, trying to replace outdated
anachronistic confusing misleading diabetes
/ diabetic / reactive hypoglycemia words and
phrases:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
Exemplary! https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
Outstanding! https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
Sooner is Ideal! https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

- - -

The old confusing way which all-too-often
involves folks using the diabetes / diabetic
words without a clarifier:

diabetes / diabetic without a clarifier,
diabetes / diabetic guessing required
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg

- - -

Stop Diabetes/Diabetic Confusion
with New Superior Clarifying Terms
https://www.change.org/stopdiabetesdiabeticconfusionwithNewSuperiorClarifyingTerms

! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ !

_

Feb 26, 2022, 6:28:09 PMFeb 26
Follow-up:

Even though NATO has thus far refused to
help Ukraine other than via military supplies
provided by some countries, the following
indicates the first country to send troops
to help Ukraine, Portugal:

- - -
February 26 2022

Portugal to send reinforcements to Ukraine

Russian war on Ukraine is 'war against free-
dom of self-determination and democracy,'
Portuguese PM Costa says.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/322944
- - -

Portuguese Prime Minister Antonio Costa on
Friday said at a televised news conference that
his country would send soldiers to assist Ukraine
in its defense against Russia, CNN reported. ...

Costa said the infantry company would include
170 troopers, CNN added. ...

- - -
February 26 2022

Czech Republic, Netherlands
To Ship More Military Aid To Ukraine
https://www.rferl.org/a/czech-netherlands-military-aid-ukraine/31724987.html
- - -

On Saturday, February 26, 2022 at 1:34:01 PM UTC-6, _ wrote:

.> ~~~
.>
.> February 18 2022
.>
.> In a live broadcast, President Biden says U.S.
.> has intelligence that Putin has decided to
.> invade Ukraine in the coming week or days.
.> https://youtu.be/aOuqBc5hdZc
.>
.> - - -
[...]
.> ---
.> February 22 2022
.>
[...]
.> manding Russia to stop the attack on Ukraine.
.>
[...]
.> https://youtu.be/lYBUimAWuPc
.>
.> Ukraine Children
.> https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Ukraine+Children
.>
.> ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ !
.>
[...]

_

Feb 26, 2022, 8:34:55 PMFeb 26
Follow-up 2:

February 26 2022

US, EU, UK to sanction Russian central bank, block SWIFT
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-business-europe-european-union-704b3b6678c5d23bd05482c89a0384d2

The United States, European Union and United Kingdom on
Saturday agreed to put in place crippling sanctions on the
Russian financial sector, including a block on its access to
the global financial system and, for the first time, restrictions
on its central bank in retaliation for its invasion of Ukraine.

The measures were announced jointly as part of a new round
of financial sanctions meant to “hold Russia to account and
collectively ensure that this war is a strategic failure for (Rus-
sian President Vladimir) Putin.”

The central bank restrictions target the more than $600 billion
in reserves that the Kremlin has at its disposal, meant to limit
Russia’s ability to support the ruble amid tightening Western
sanctions.

Cumulatively the steps announced by the West since Russia
began the invasion would potentially amount to some of the
toughest sanctions on any country in modern times, and if
fully carried out as planned, would severely damage the Rus-
sian economy and markedly constrain its ability to import and
export goods.

U.S. officials said Saturday’s steps were framed to send the
ruble into “free fall” and promote soaring inflation in the Rus-
sian economy. They noted that previously announced sanc-
tions have already had an impact on Russia, bringing its cur-
rency to its lowest level against the dollar in history and giving
its stock market the worst week on record.

The decline of the ruble would likely cause higher inflation, which
would hurt everyday Russians and not just the Russian elites who
were the targets of the original sanctions. It would be a substan-
tial widening of the economic pain.

Saturday’s move includes cutting key Russian banks out of the
SWIFT financial messaging system, which daily moves countless
billions of dollars around more than 11,000 banks and other finan-
cial institutions around the world.

The fine print of the sanctions was still being ironed out over the
weekend, officials said, as they work to limit the impact of the
restrictions on other economies and European purchases of Rus-
sian energy.

Allies on both sides of the Atlantic also considered the SWIFT op-
tion in 2014, when Russia invaded and annexed Ukraine’s Crimea
and backed separatist forces in eastern Ukraine. Russia declared
then that kicking it out of SWIFT would be equivalent to a declara-
tion of war.

The allies — criticized ever after for responding too weakly to Rus-
sia’s 2014 aggression — shelved the idea. Russia since then has
tried to develop its own financial transfer system, with limited suc-
cess.

The U.S. has succeeded before in persuading the Belgium-based
SWIFT system to kick out a country — Iran, over its nuclear pro-
gram. But kicking Russia out of SWIFT could also hurt other eco-
nomies, including those of the U.S. and key ally Germany.