Dexcom / Freestyle / Omnipod 5 confusion? Correction to my previous correction

_

Jul 30, 2022, 3:02:19 PM7/30/22
Funny thing, with the rarity of my having
a perfect post, yet I'm responsible for per-
fect insulin dosing decisions 24 by 7 by
365, 366 every leap year - my struggles
with posting imperfections exemplify ...

... the nature of being a human being,
something we insulin-dosers can relate
to due to the fact that perfect exogenous
insulin dosing using current technology is
impossible, i.e., without a perfect pancreas,
everyone with Islit (Insulinitis), is forced ...

... to participate in probabilistic guesses
regarding "right" exogenous insulin doses)

Correction to my previous attempt at a
corrected re-post to insert a word that
I neglected to include, "find", in the sen-
tence "Do you that that confusing"? That
was a mistake, I should've said that sen-
tence as "Do you find that confusing"?

- - -

So, when reading about the new Dexcom G7
continuous glucose monitor having its wide-
spread release in the U.S. expected to not
occur until early 2023, I was thrown by the
presentation of a Dexcom CGM device that
I hadn't heard of before, called Dexcom One.

- - -
July 29 2022
https://www.fiercebiotech.com/medtech/dexcom-resubmit-g7-glucose-monitor-software-fda-review-pushing-back-us-launch
- - -

Supposedly, that device will be cheaper and
have less features than the Dexcom G7.

Do you find that confusing? I do.

Where in the world did they come up with
the name One? Weird, that.

Perhaps they'd be better off naming each new
device something unique, like the way that they
name hurricanes.

You could have the Omnipod Pam
or the Dexcom Betty or the
Omnipod Sherry or the
Dexcom Maria or the ???.
Yeah, that's the ticket. (-:

With my Omnipod 5 hooking up to a Dexcom
G6, brings up interesting questions:

When the Dexcom G7 is available, will it hook
up with the Omnipod 5 or will some other step
or device be required?

The cheaper but has less features than the
Dexcom G6 or Dexcom G7, the Dexcom One,
where will that fit in the Omnipod 5 picture?

Another issue, the panoply of Freestyle Libre
CGMs, when will any of them hook up with
the Omnipod 5, and will that require some-
thing else to make it work with Omnipod 5?

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER, Freethinking
Realist Exploring Expressive Liberty,
Openness, Verity, Enlightenment, and
Rationality, hoping for a day when all
human ills are overcome and peace, ...

... love, joy, and happiness fills our
lives with boundless enthusiasm for
being the best we all can be in an
everlasting manner if possible !!!

- - -

Superior Clarifying Names first created
and defined in 2010, trying to replace
outdated anachronistic confusing misleading
diabetes / diabetic / reactive hypoglycemia
words and phrases:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
Exemplary! https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
Outstanding! https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
Sooner is Ideal! https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

- - -

I was diagnosed with Islit (Insulinitis)
caused by Insulitis (autoimmune attack
on pancreatic beta cells) at age 5, in
March 1961, Insulitis Islit just 1 of
the 15 specific types of Islit.

Exogenous Insulin & Bloodprick / CGM
Glucose Tests History - 1961 to 2019
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.health.diabetes/OlsPPpa2PAs/zQKVMjMnAQAJ

INSULINITIS (ISLIT)

New SUPERIOR clarifying name for near-
total to total loss of endogenous insulin
https://prohuman.net/pix2/new_superior_clarifying_name_is_INSULINITIS.jpg

The overwhelming majority of Islit caused by
autoimmune attacks on pancreatic beta cells
(Insulitis Islit) but there are

o 15 specific types of rapid onset Islit, a
rare condition (only present in < one-half
of 1% of Americans & in a much lower rate
in most of the world), when present is typ-
ically diagnosed at age under 30
(50% at age < 18, 20% at age 19 to 29)

o 1 slow onset specific type, Latent Autoim-
mune Islit, frequency unknown but per a
recent report, misdiagnosed as Cellosis
(new clarifying name for type 2 diabetes)
almost 40% of the time due to its slow
onset and its occurrence typically at age
over 30

Old outdated anachronistic name for Islit is
type 1 diabetes, confusing in that diabetes
without clarifier is often used to describe
this condition which is 1 of the 7 Disparate
High Glucose Conditions (DHGCs).

That makes figuring out which DHGC is actu-
ally being referred to (and it can be any one,
or some, or all of them when the diabetes
or diabetic word is used without clarifier)
confusing / difficult:
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticconfusion.jpg
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticendingthemisunderstanding.jpg

- - -

Insulin / Insulin Pump / CGM I use

Fiasp Ultra-Fast-Acting Insulin in a
tubeless Omnipod insulin pump catheter
placed into skin / pod with adhesive
stuck onto skin every 80 hours, control
via Omnipod 5 Controller connected to
Dexcom G6 CGM providing auto-basil-dos-
aging based on CGM glucose levels)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Omnipod5insulinpump-connectedtoDexcomG6CGM.png

Dexcom G6 CGM (continuous glucose monitor
connected to Omnipod)
https://prohuman.net/pix2/Dexcom_G6_CGM.jpg

- - -

Non-Islit Disparate High Glucose Conditions:

PreCellosis / Cellosis - new clarifying name
for type 2 diabetes, 21 specific types, its
precondition is called PreCellosis.

Gestational Cellosis - DHGC that happens in
< 10% of pregnancies

Diminosis - monogenic diminished insulin
production occurring after age 6 months,
11 specific types

Neonatal Diminosis - monogenic diminished
insulin production in first 6 months, 12
specific types

Ohiglucons - Other High Glucose Conditions,
24 specific types

~~~

Mostly Non-Glucose Anomaly: Insipidus, 6
specific types

Low Glucose Anomaly: Hut (Hypoglycemia
Uncaused by Treatment for High Glucose),
21 specific types

~~~

Stop Diabetes/Diabetic Confusion
with New Superior Clarifying Terms