Paleolithic Diet

1 view

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER

Jul 9, 2013, 3:22:02 PM7/9/13

- - -

Preface: First off, readers of this news-
group are well aware of my position
regarding Dr. Richard K. Bernstein's
ideas about dealing with Insulinitis (old
name: type 1 diabetes) with a dire low
carb diet.

As for Cellosis (old name: type 2 diabetes),
if one has Cellosis -and- obesity, one can
focus on weight loss, but of note, both
the difficulty of staying on a weight loss
diet -and- the difficulty of regaining lost
weight, and even gaining weight, present
themselves regardless of the weight loss
diet one chooses.

In fact, the most promising treatment for
those with Cellosis and obesity, bariatric
surgery.

Dr. Bernstein presents the following false
dichotomy, a choice between so-called
low-carb and high-carb diets. Why he
ignores moderate carb diets? I suppose
he prefers to perceive anything other
than a dire low carb diet as a high carb
diet. Apart from reality, for sure.

Anyway, the following presents a recent
article with Dr. Bernstein's 'Paleolithic
Diet' ideology, juxtaposed against an
article pointing out that for most of our
evolutionary history, human ancestors
consumed a diet far higher in fruits and
vegetables and nuts than Dr. Bernstein's
'Paleolithic Diet' has.

Also, Dr. Bernstein neglects to notice the
evolutionary adaptations that most humans
have evolved in the past 10,000 years to
deal with a diet higher in carbs than it was
prior to the widespread influence of agri-
culture.

In addition, one thing Dr. Bernstein fails
to take note of, the extremely short life
expectancies of humans prior to the ad-
vent of agriculture. Other advances, such
as the prevalence of antibiotics, wide-
spread improvement in sanitation, and
a reduction in the proclivity to engage
in backbreaking labor in order to sur-
vive, all of that (and more) has com-
bined to make modern-day humans
have the longest lifespans of any pri-
mate in evolutionary history.

- - -
July 8, 2013

Q&A With Dr. Richard K. Bernstein
Why the Paleo Diet Is Best for
[High Glucose Conditions]
http://diabeteshealth.com/read/2013/07/08/7921/qanda-with-dr--richard-k--bernstein/
- - -

- - -
July 23, 2012

Ancient Humans Mostly Vegetarian,
'Paleolithic Diet' Critic Says
- - -

- - -
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
http://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm
- - -

--
Posted by Mimo Usenet Browser v0.2.5
http://www.mimousenet.com/mimo/post

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER

Jul 9, 2013, 3:35:03 PM7/9/13

- - -

Follow-up: Addition of missing link to
the article describing how the evolution-
ary history of humankind was mostly
vegetarian:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/23/ancient-humans-vegetarians-paleolithic-diet_n_1695228.html

Correction

Jul 9, 2013, 4:55:26 PM7/9/13

> Dr. Bernstein presents the following false
> dichotomy, a choice between so-called
> low-carb and high-carb diets. Why he
> ignores moderate carb diets? I suppose
> he prefers to perceive anything other
> than a dire low carb diet as a high carb
> diet. Apart from reality, for sure.

One sees you have not read his book. Please do explain the law of large
and small numbers as it relates to carb intake and insulin use.