CDC approves 5-to-11 years young children getting Covid-19 vaccinations in the US

_

Nov 3, 2021, 12:35:32 AM11/3/21
---
10:18 PM ET Tuesday November 2 2021
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/02/health/covid-19-vaccine-children-acip/index.html
---

US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said Tuesday
evening she was endorsing a recommendation
to vaccinate children ages 5-11 against Covid-19,
clearing the way for immediate vaccination of the
youngest age group yet in the United States.

"CDC now expands vaccine recommendations to
about 28 million children in the United States in
this age group and allows providers to begin vac-
cinating them as soon as possible," the agency
said in a statement.

... Earlier Tuesday, CDC's independent vaccine ad-
visers voted 14-0 in favor of the child-sized doses
of vaccine for the younger kids.

... President Joe Biden weighed in, calling the deci-
sion a turning point in the battle against the pan-
demic.

"It will allow parents to end months of anxious worry-
ing about their kids, and reduce the extent to which
children spread the virus to others. It is a major step
forward for our nation in our fight to defeat the virus,"
Biden said in a statement.

"Over the last several weeks, my Administration has
been working hard to be prepared for this moment:
we are ready to act. We have already secured enough
vaccine supply for every child in America, and over the
past weekend, we began the process of packing and
shipping out millions of pediatric vaccine doses.

These doses — specially designed for these younger
children — have started to arrive at thousands of loca-
tions across the country."

... "A vaccine for children age 5 to 11 will allow us to
build on the extraordinary progress we've made over
the last nine months. Already, more than 78 percent
of Americans age 12 and older have gotten at least
one shot, including millions of teenagers — and the
vaccines have proven to be incredibly safe and effec-
tive," Biden said.

... Walensky said it's also important to continue vac-
cinating adults.

Children now make up a disproportionate number of
new Covid-19 cases, according to a report published
Monday by the American Academy of Pediatrics -- ac-
counting for a quarter of all the new cases last week.

--- end excerpts - see article for more details ---

! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ ! ~ !

Superior Clarifying Names first created and
defined in 2010, trying to replace outdated
anachronistic confusing misleading diabetes
/ diabetic / reactive hypoglycemia words and
phrases:

Diabetes Bubble / Diabetes Bubble Burst
Exemplary! https://prohuman.net/diabetesbubblediabetesbubbleburst.htm

C.ure I.nsulinitis A.ssociation
Outstanding! https://prohuman.net/cureinsulinitisassociation.htm

Glucose Anomalies Research regarding
Potential Cures / Improvements in Treatments
Sooner is Ideal! https://prohuman.net/glucoseanomaliesresearch.htm

- - -

The old confusing way which all-too-often
involves folks using the diabetes / diabetic
words without a clarifier:

diabetes / diabetic without a clarifier,
diabetes / diabetic guessing required
https://prohuman.net/pix2/diabetesdiabeticguessinggame.jpg

- - -

Stop Diabetes/Diabetic Confusion