getting in shape

marina1

May 12, 2004, 1:13:21 PM5/12/04
Hello-I am currently studying at an FE College in Scotland and Iwould
like to get fit(er)- where shall I start? I am Female and a senior
citizen. Any advice? The last exercise I took was riding the bike in
my early teens! Marina 1
Message has been deleted

Beverly

May 13, 2004, 9:01:15 AM5/13/04

"marina1" <mavi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Walking is a great exercise for someone just beginning a fitness program.
If you're trying to lose weight you might also consider some type of weight
training to minimize the muscle loss during the weight loss phase.

Still have a bike? It's my first choice for exercising. I guess people
might consider me a senior citizen as I'm 61 but I don't let that number
get in my way of exercise<g>

Beverly

Marian

May 18, 2004, 7:04:59 AM5/18/04
mavi...@hotmail.com (marina1) wrote in message news:<1b209ca3.04051...@posting.google.com>...

If you can swim, that's quite a good way to keep fit. It helps
stamina, strength and suppleness.

Marian