Inclined treadmill walking/running?

Ray

Apr 30, 2004, 4:40:45 PM4/30/04
When I do some cardio I tend to have the treadmill at an incline, and to
vary the incline. I do this because I believe I am getting more benefit from
the time thus spent. But am I ? Are there any benefits from inclined
treadmill work that you wouldn't get from level treadmill work?
Comments appreciated

Steve Freides

May 2, 2004, 3:11:04 PM5/2/04
"Ray" <R...@easynet.com> wrote in message

Gravity matters. Sure, you're getting more benefits. It's harder, you're
still doing it, all is good. It's harder on your legs, it's harder on your
cardivascular system. If you're seeing results from your approach, stick
with it until it stops bringing you results.

-S-
http://www.kbnj.com

Phil

May 6, 2004, 2:40:32 PM5/6/04
"Ray" <R...@easynet.com> wrote in message news:<c6udkc$q17$1...@sparta.btinternet.com>...

Incline work will build strenght/power.

here's a workout I do from time to time on the dreadmill
http://runners4bush2004.rantweb.com/dreadmill.html

good luck

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/US/bush_kerry_likeability_poll_040502.html?CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Playing Favorites
Voters Find Bush More Compassionate, Compatible, Likeable than Kerry

Analysis
By Dalia Sussman

May 2— George W. Bush has an edge on John Kerry on the personal
attributes of compassion, values and likeability, another reason Bush
has improved his overall position against Kerry since the Democratic
primaries.

Bill

May 10, 2004, 7:08:58 AM5/10/04

"Phil" <runners4...@netzero.com> wrote in message

> "Ray" <R...@easynet.com> wrote in message
> > When I do some cardio I tend to have the treadmill at an incline, and to
> > vary the incline. I do this because I believe I am getting more benefit
from
> > the time thus spent. But am I ? Are there any benefits from inclined
> > treadmill work that you wouldn't get from level treadmill work?
> > Comments appreciated
>
> Incline work will build strenght/power.
>
> here's a workout I do from time to time on the dreadmill
> http://runners4bush2004.rantweb.com/dreadmill.html
>
> good luck

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/US/bush_kerry_likeability_poll_040502.html?CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

> Playing Favorites
> Voters Find Bush More Compassionate, Compatible, Likeable than Kerry
>
> Analysis
> By Dalia Sussman
>
> May 2- George W. Bush has an edge on John Kerry on the personal

> attributes of compassion, values and likeability, another reason Bush
> has improved his overall position against Kerry since the Democratic
> primaries.

Thanks for that, What I am more interested in, is in fact
building up strength and power as opposed to just speed/endurance.