loosing weight

akal

Jan 11, 2003, 3:26:17 PM1/11/03
what is the best time in a day to do fitness in order to loos a weight ?

Bob G

Jan 11, 2003, 3:41:34 PM1/11/03

"akal" <Ak...@unetnews.net> wrote in message

> what is the best time in a day to do fitness in order to loos a weight ?

2:15:17 a.m.

It's not "loosing" or "loos" - It's "losing" or "lose".

You don't "do" fitness. You "do" exercise.

Denise Howard

Jan 11, 2003, 5:16:44 PM1/11/03
In article <J5%T9.1013$96.21...@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>, akal
<Ak...@unetnews.net> wrote:

> what is the best time in a day to do fitness in order to loos a weight ?

This may seem like a smartass answer, but it's actually true: the time
of day when you are most likely to be consistent.

--
Denise denise dot howard at attbi dot com
ACE and AFAA certified fitness instructor

Feedrus

Jan 11, 2003, 9:04:14 PM1/11/03
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:16:44 GMT, Denise Howard
<den...@invalid.domain> wrote:

|> what is the best time in a day to do fitness in order to loos a weight ?
|
|This may seem like a smartass answer, but it's actually true: the time
|of day when you are most likely to be consistent.

Hopefully it will coincide with her class times so she can suck a few
bucks off of you.

Dr. Dickie

Jan 12, 2003, 5:07:17 AM1/12/03

akal wrote:

> what is the best time in a day to do fitness in order to loos a weight ?

I I have to, I use a wrench. Usually thought, just a good grip will get
the weight loose. And next time, do NOT tighten that damn thing so
tight.
As far as time of day, I do not see how this has any effect on loosing
the weight. Perhaps the heat of the day might loosen it some...

Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
Poking kooks with a pointy stick
"The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Curiosity has its own reason for existing."
A. Einstein

Bob G

Jan 12, 2003, 9:13:38 AM1/12/03

<mike...@despammed.com> wrote in message

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:26:17 GMT, "akal" <Ak...@unetnews.net> wrote:
>
> >what is the best time in a day to do fitness in order to loos a weight ?
>
> If you want to loose weight, mild exercise every morning on an empty
> stomach for preferably an hour or so, is extremely effective. Try
> going for walks, bike rides or mild jogging. This is good because it
> kickstarts your metabolism which will stay high all the rest of the
> day - that's why the exercise should be done in the morning. Make sure
> to drink enough water, at least a liter. You can drink a cup of coffee
> before you go out, the caffeine will increase the fatburning even
> more.

The above is total bullshit!

Heidi

Jan 12, 2003, 6:34:11 PM1/12/03

"Bob G" <bob...@nfsyahoo.com> wrote in message

Which part?

I have read that in the morning, one's metabolism is at the high point of
the day. If one exercises, the metabolism goes up even further. Also, if one
eats, that too increases metabo. So, if one gets up, does cardio, and then
eats, one's metabo is cranked up way high. From there, it slowly decreases
through the day till bed time, when it is at its lowest point.

Drinking coffee, I don't know about that though.

Joseph

Jan 13, 2003, 2:41:38 AM1/13/03
"Heidi" <paksNOS...@pacifier.com> wrote in message news:<v23u2hc...@corp.supernews.com>...

I agree ... exercise in the morning on an empty stomach is very
effective. Ask any professional athlete what time of day they start
working out ... I believe I am using the ULTIMATE workout scheme. I
can lose 1 KG every workout session.
And I still eat icecream, butter, and all that fattening stuff. Just
this week I lost 4 kg !!! If I workout everyday I can lose upto 7 kg
in one week !!!! - I just don't want to freak-out my workmates, who
are already giving me strange looks due to the dramatic weight loss
they are witnessing. Someone has finally solved the WEIGHT LOSS
MYSTERY !!!!!!!!!!!

Caffeine ? Hmmm ... dunno about this.

Bob G

Jan 13, 2003, 8:15:24 AM1/13/03

"Joseph" <joseph.r...@baesystems.com> wrote in message

You're a moron!

Feedrus

Jan 13, 2003, 8:38:14 AM1/13/03
On 12 Jan 2003 23:41:38 -0800, joseph.r...@baesystems.com
(Joseph) wrote:

|I agree ... exercise in the morning on an empty stomach is very
|effective. Ask any professional athlete what time of day they start
|working out ... I believe I am using the ULTIMATE workout scheme.

LMAO

Debbie

Jan 13, 2003, 10:15:14 AM1/13/03
What is the best possible exercise for loosing weight?

Joseph

Jan 13, 2003, 7:10:13 PM1/13/03
"Bob G" <bob...@nfsyahoo.com> wrote in message news:<avue3a$mjh$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>...

> You're a moron!

I kid you not Bob. I am serious. I am losing weight at an astronomical
rate. I did lose 4 kg last week. I am 78 kg now. In two weeks I plan
to drop down to 70 kg. Of course I can do that in one week ( 6 days
normal workout to lose 6kg + 1 day of extra workout to lose 2 kg ),
but why bother if I got two weeks to lose it. The chic I am after is
gonna freak out for sure as the last time she saw me I was weighing 82
kg !!!! And I don't take any fat-burning tablets.

Finally the technology is here.

Joseph

Jan 13, 2003, 7:21:11 PM1/13/03
Neil.Mc...@btopenworld.com (Debbie) wrote in message news:<10812235.03011...@posting.google.com>...

> What is the best possible exercise for loosing weight?

Any exercise will do actually. I prefer swimming because it's the only
activity I know that I truely enjoy.

Step 1: Pick a sport that you REALLY like as you need to workout
regularly. Also, if you like that sport you won't mind doing it for an
extended time. I swim 1 km non-stop, and if not for cramps, I would
love to swim another 2 km !!!
I choose breast stroke, as I get cramps too early using freestyle,
which shortens my workout.

Step 2: Watch your calorie intake. Better consult a Nutritionist on
this matter.

Step 3: Weigh yourself same time each day. Best time is in the morning
when you wake up as your system has just finished digesting your
meals. This will help you keep track of your weight variations
accurate enough.

Step 4: Don't worry too much if you are not losing the weight. You
could be gaining muscle mass but losing fat, so net effect is no
weight loss ?

But most importantly, you have to keep exercising regularly. That's
why it is important to pick a sport that you TRUELY enjoy. Any sport
that you do involves burning calories anyway.

Feedrus

Jan 13, 2003, 9:58:55 PM1/13/03
On 13 Jan 2003 07:15:14 -0800, Neil.Mc...@btopenworld.com
(Debbie) wrote:

|What is the best possible exercise for loosing weight?

Table Push Aways.

Bob G

Jan 13, 2003, 10:42:44 PM1/13/03

"Joseph" <joseph.r...@baesystems.com> wrote in message

*sigh*

Van Bagnol

Jan 14, 2003, 2:50:36 AM1/14/03
In article <v23u2hc...@corp.supernews.com>, "Heidi"
<paksNOS...@pacifier.com> wrote:

> I have read that in the morning, one's metabolism is at the high
> point of the day. If one exercises, the metabolism goes up even
> further. Also, if one eats, that too increases metabo. So, if one
> gets up, does cardio, and then eats, one's metabo is cranked up way
> high. From there, it slowly decreases through the day till bed time,
> when it is at its lowest point.

Well, much of that can be explained. Post-exercise metabolic increases
are largely due to the body repairing damaged tissue and replenishing
enzymes used up during exercise -- this is the recovery period that's so
important to fitness development. Increased metabolism after eating is
simply the energy required for the digestive system to process the food.
(It still takes work to manufacture digestive enzymes and for intestinal
peristalsis.) These will happen whether or not you do the activities in
the morning, and I haven't read anything suggesting that doing them all
at once increases the metabolic rate greater than the sum of doing them
separately. One might equally argue that you should exercise at night
when your metabolism is low, so that you can keep it high overnight.

One reason to exercise in the morning is that when you 'kickstart'
yourself, you'll be more active and alert during the day, and so you'll
burn more calories doing things energetically rather than by shuffling
along.

One thing, though: the reason you shouldn't exercise soon after a heavy
meal is that the body shuts down blood flow to 'nonessential' systems
when you exercise in order to provide more oxygen to muscle activity.
Don't count on a meal being digested during a heavy workout -- renal and
abdominal systems drop from receiving 45% of the blood flow at rest down
to 2% during maximal exercise. That's why energy drinks and bars contain
mostly quickly-digestible substances like electrolytes and simple sugars.

Van

--
Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com
...enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing / Skydiving / Mountain Biking

Van Bagnol

Jan 14, 2003, 5:02:25 AM1/14/03
In article <7b424d28.03011...@posting.google.com>,
joseph.r...@baesystems.com (Joseph) wrote:

> "Heidi" <paksNOS...@pacifier.com> wrote in message
> > "Bob G" <bob...@nfsyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > <mike...@despammed.com> wrote in message

> > > The above is total bullshit!
> >

> > Which part? [...]

> > Drinking coffee, I don't know about that though.
>

> Caffeine ? Hmmm ... dunno about this.

Caffeine expedites the breakdown of fat stores into fatty acids released
in the bloodstream. This allows you to burn fat more readily during
endurance exercise. It does _not_ enhance short-term anaerobic exercise
such as sprinting, although it does seem to help maximum-intensity
performances that last 5 minutes (which are no longer sprints but middle
distances).

However:

(A) The caffeine effect helps you exercise _longer_ rather than harder,
as it appears to reduce the need for glycogen only in the early minutes
of exercise when glycogen rather than fat is the primary fuel. It has no
apparent effect on overall calorie consumption other than allowing you
to burn more calories by exercising longer.

(B) Although caffeine blood levels peak after about 1 hour, you have to
take it _3 to 4_ hours before exercise in order to maximize the effect
on mobilizing fat stores.

(C) The more immediate effect of caffeine is apparently as a (psycho-)
stimulant, which, while not much help on a treadmill or exercycle, might
make you more alert on a tennis or basketball court. However, side
effects of caffeine such as jitteriness may impair some skills.

(D) One Canadian study indicated that _caffeine_ rather than _coffee_
gave better results. Test subjects given coffee did not do as well as
the subjects given only the equivalent amount of caffeine alone.

So does caffeine aid fat burning? Yes. Does drinking coffee before
exercise help in weight loss? Not necessarily.

Feedrus

Jan 14, 2003, 12:43:22 PM1/14/03
On 13 Jan 2003 16:10:13 -0800, joseph.r...@baesystems.com
(Joseph) wrote:

|I kid you not Bob. I am serious. I am losing weight at an astronomical
|rate.

Good. You'll soon be dead and we won't have to hear anymore of your
crap.

Joseph

Jan 14, 2003, 10:35:58 PM1/14/03
Van Bagnol <v...@crl.com.invalid> wrote in message news:<van-326B43.2...@news.earthlink.net>...

AYYY !!! PINOY KA PALA !

baby

Jan 15, 2003, 7:32:04 AM1/15/03
joseph.r...@baesystems.com (Joseph) wrote in message news:<7b424d28.03011...@posting.google.com>...

Loosing weight is hard

Dani

Jan 15, 2003, 7:39:05 AM1/15/03
Feedrus <fee...@usa.com> wrote in message news:<s9g52vgir7fpf5lm5...@4ax.com>...
execise is brill

sammys...@yahoo.co.uk

Jan 15, 2003, 7:43:33 AM1/15/03

Hi agree with what you are saying!!!

Joseph

Jan 15, 2003, 9:52:10 PM1/15/03

> Loosing weight is hard

Not really. Just having technical difficulties right now, but I can
actually lose 1 kg per workout. Done it many times. Losing weight is
easier done than said :o)

Putting on 1 kg in one day is much difficult than losing it. Remember,
Rome was not built in a day.

Van Bagnol

Jan 15, 2003, 11:42:16 PM1/15/03

> Van Bagnol <v...@crl.com.invalid> wrote in message
> >

> > One reason to exercise in the morning is that when you 'kickstart'
> > yourself, you'll be more active and alert during the day, and so
> > you'll burn more calories doing things energetically rather than by
> > shuffling
> > along.
> >
> > One thing, though: the reason you shouldn't exercise soon after a
> > heavy meal is that the body shuts down blood flow to 'nonessential'
> > systems when you exercise in order to provide more oxygen to muscle
> > activity. Don't count on a meal being digested during a heavy
> > workout -- renal and abdominal systems drop from receiving 45% of
> > the blood flow at rest down to 2% during maximal exercise. That's
> > why energy drinks and bars contain mostly quickly-digestible
> > substances like electrolytes and simple sugars.
> >
> > Van
>
> AYYY !!! PINOY KA PALA !

It's even harder losing weight on a diet of adobo, lichon, and dinuguan,
susmariosep.... :-)

Van Bagnol

Jan 16, 2003, 3:13:43 AM1/16/03

> > Loosing weight is hard
>
> Not really. Just having technical difficulties right now, but I can
> actually lose 1 kg per workout. Done it many times.

Keep in mind that that 1 kg is water. Rehydrating gets it back (as it
very well should!)

Vigorous exercise loses about a liter of water per hour and up to 3 l/hr
in extreme cases. Since our systems can only absorb water at the rate of
1 l/hr, it's important to drink often during workouts rather than
gulping a lot at the beginning or end. And because it's possible to lose
more water than your body can absorb, you should make sure you're well
hydrated before you start high-intensity endurance activities (like that
epic 3-hour mountain bike ride) as well as during them.

One kg of body fat packs about 8-9000 Calories, equivalent to 10-15
hours of extremely intense exercise -- 200 rounds in a boxing ring or
180 miles of cycling. 1 kg of general body mass is somewhat less, but
still more than can be burned in a single typical workout.

Ron Ritzman

Jan 16, 2003, 7:47:01 AM1/16/03
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:13:43 GMT, Van Bagnol <v...@crl.com.invalid>
wrote:

>> Not really. Just having technical difficulties right now, but I can
>> actually lose 1 kg per workout. Done it many times.
>
>Keep in mind that that 1 kg is water. Rehydrating gets it back (as it
>very well should!)

Which is why the scale is a very poor measure of body fat levels for
anybody anywhere near normal weight. Hydration levels, glycogen and
creatine phosphate levels, and how much food is currently in the gut
can result in weight swings as much as 20 pounds in some people. A
better tool of measuring progress is how your clothes fit and actual
body fat measurements or estimations.

It's different for the obese. Overfat people can lose more fat with
moderate calorie restrictions then people close to normal weight so for
them, the scale is a better tool.

--
Ron Ritzman
http://www.panix.com/~ritzlart

Joseph

Jan 16, 2003, 5:48:05 PM1/16/03
Van Bagnol <v...@crl.com.invalid> wrote in message news:<van-A310B2.0...@news.earthlink.net>...

> In article <7b424d28.03011...@posting.google.com>,
> joseph.r...@baesystems.com (Joseph) wrote:
>
> > > Loosing weight is hard
> >
> > Not really. Just having technical difficulties right now, but I can
> > actually lose 1 kg per workout. Done it many times.
>
> Keep in mind that that 1 kg is water. Rehydrating gets it back (as it
> very well should!)
>
> Vigorous exercise loses about a liter of water per hour and up to 3 l/hr
> in extreme cases. Since our systems can only absorb water at the rate of
> 1 l/hr, it's important to drink often during workouts rather than
> gulping a lot at the beginning or end. And because it's possible to lose
> more water than your body can absorb, you should make sure you're well
> hydrated before you start high-intensity endurance activities (like that
> epic 3-hour mountain bike ride) as well as during them.
>
> One kg of body fat packs about 8-9000 Calories, equivalent to 10-15
> hours of extremely intense exercise -- 200 rounds in a boxing ring or
> 180 miles of cycling. 1 kg of general body mass is somewhat less, but
> still more than can be burned in a single typical workout.
>
> Van

Hahaha ! You obviously got your figures mixed up. It is possible to
lose 1 kg of fat per workout, just swimming 1 km. I have done it many
times. Last week I lost 4 kgs. Not water, as ... well, I still weigh 4
kg lighter now :o). But, it's stopped working lately. I don't know why

Bob G

Jan 16, 2003, 8:34:05 PM1/16/03

"Joseph" <joseph.r...@baesystems.com> wrote in message

Van,
Save your "breath, this guy is a looney tune.

Van Bagnol

Jan 17, 2003, 12:17:59 AM1/17/03
In article <b07mgg$ev1$1...@bob.news.rcn.net>, "Bob G"
<bob...@nfsyahoo.com> wrote:

> "Joseph" <joseph.r...@baesystems.com> wrote in message
> > Van Bagnol <v...@crl.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > >

> > > One kg of body fat packs about 8-9000 Calories, equivalent to 10-15
> > > hours of extremely intense exercise -- 200 rounds in a boxing ring or
> > > 180 miles of cycling. 1 kg of general body mass is somewhat less, but
> > > still more than can be burned in a single typical workout.
> > >
> > > Van
> >
> > Hahaha ! You obviously got your figures mixed up. It is possible to
> > lose 1 kg of fat per workout, just swimming 1 km. I have done it many
> > times. Last week I lost 4 kgs. Not water, as ... well, I still weigh 4
> > kg lighter now :o). But, it's stopped working lately. I don't know why
>
> Van,
> Save your "breath, this guy is a looney tune.

Thanks for the tip. One of his earlier posts had seemed quite reasonable
but the ones I've read lately have become more farfetched.

Gotta watch for those hypomanic swings... :-)

SPeacock

Jan 18, 2003, 2:45:07 PM1/18/03
Geesh Denise, where did you pick up that wart? LOL

Feedrus wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:16:44 GMT, Denise Howard
> <den...@invalid.domain> wrote:
>
> |> what is the best time in a day to do fitness in order to loos a weight ?
> |

> |This may seem like a smartass answer, but it's actually true: the time
> |of day when you are most likely to be consistent.
>
> Hopefully it will coincide with her class times so she can suck a few
> bucks off of you.

Tracy

Jan 24, 2003, 2:46:20 PM1/24/03
Hi everyone,

I would like to drastically reduce my body fat. My body fat is currently at
40% which is termed as clinically obese. I need all the help I can get to
reduce it (Work outs, Nutrition). I am willing to do anything to make it go
down to 25%.

Below are my measurements. Anyone who can recommend a good nutrition site,
I would appreciate it a great it.

Thanks in advance,

Tracy

e: 29
weight: 192
height: 5'5"
body fat: approx 40% (clinically obese)
dress size: 18
pants: 18
shirt/Blouse: 18

Measurements
------------
neck: 14
l arm: 13
r arm: 13.75
chest: 44
waist: 39
hips: 48.5
l quad: 24.5
r quad: 24
l calf: 14.5
r calf: 14.45

Bob G

Jan 24, 2003, 3:53:44 PM1/24/03

"Tracy" <mem...@postingroup.com> wrote in message

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to drastically reduce my body fat. My body fat is currently
at
> 40% which is termed as clinically obese. I need all the help I can get to
> reduce it (Work outs, Nutrition). I am willing to do anything to make it
go
> down to 25%.

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

Tracy

Jan 24, 2003, 11:01:42 PM1/24/03
"Tracy" <mem...@postingroup.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to drastically reduce my body fat. My body fat is currently
at
> 40% which is termed as clinically obese. I need all the help I can get to
> reduce it (Work outs, Nutrition). I am willing to do anything to make it
go
> down to 25%.
>
> Below are my measurements. Anyone who can recommend a good nutrition
site,
> I would appreciate it a great it.

There are plenty of web-sites out there, and I find it is more a personal
preference in deciding what works. Personally the only site I use is a
database provided by the USDA. I use that site for accurate nutritional
information.

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/

Instead of a web-site, I highly suggest you joining a gym and asking for
help from a personal trainer. A personal trainer will provide you with
nutritional information as well as exercises. Since January of 2002 I've
lost 42 pounds. In May of '02 my measurements were taken. I went from
having 34% body fat in May down to my current 23% (149 lbs down to 124 lbs).
It wasn't easy, and it took a lot of determination. I kept a daily journal
of my food intake and what I did for exercise. I still keep a daily journal
although I'm very happy with my weight. I use my journal to track my
progress in my training (running and weight training). Plus it serves a
purpose on understanding fluctuations in weight in association with food
intake.

Understanding how food impacts your body and how to exercise to meet your
goals, plus having someone who can answer your questions as well as motivate
you, you'll reach your goal before you know it. Keep in mind it will take
time. My trainer gave me an original goal which I didn't think I could
meet, but I did. I surprised myself. After reaching that first goal my
weight started to just melt off. Now I'm eating more to stop the weight
loss, while continuing to work on reducing the body fat.

Go find a trainer you can work with. Interview them and find your match.
Go to a book store and spend time looking through books on nutrition and
exercise. Find books you'll like. The only magazine which I found to be a
big inspiration was canceled last month by AOL/Time-Warner. Try running
searches on the internet for web-sites, but be warned on signing up for
newsletter, etc. Don't forget to keep a daily journal - you'll find it
serves a great purpose.

BTW... I'm 5'5 too. As strange as this may sound, at 29 I was about 185
lbs. I didn't want to know my body fat. You have the right attitude, and
you can do this... :)

One last thing... here are some words of inspiration:

* * * * *
"This medal is the culmination of the most painful and rewarding journey of
my life. It says that I can finish what I start. It's my reward and promise
of more to come." -Nancy Liedel, after finishing the Crim 10-miler last
August. Two years ago, Liedel weighed 320 pounds.

"Don't listen to negative influences. Believe in yourself, and show others
what you can do. Only 'you' can find your potential." -Marla Runyan, a
visually-impaired runner who made the 2000 Olympic Team at 1500 meters, and
won the 2002 National Championships at 5000 meters.

"When I first started running, I was so embarrassed, I'd walk when cars
passed me. I'd pretend I was looking at the flowers." Joan Benoit
Samuelson, 1984 Olympic Marathon champion.
* * * * *

Good luck,

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Joseph

Jan 28, 2003, 10:12:18 PM1/28/03
"Tracy" <mem...@postingroup.com> wrote in message news:<gKgY9.20545$4y2.1547@sccrnsc04>...

----------------------

Take it easy ... do exercise and enjoy it. And DON'T do it EVERYDAY ,
or your body will get used to the workload and suddenly you'll stop
losing weight!! haha .. that's frustrating. Have rest days in between.
It's MUCH nicer that way anyway.

Also, don't diet too much. Have pig-out days too. Cut down on
carbohydrates and eat more proteins. Dinner times, even less carbs and
mainly protein + vegetables (most nutritionists will tell you this).

Oh well ... I'm just celebrating as I lost another 1 kg from
yesterday's swim. That's right, I can lose 1000 grams of fat in a
workout. Theoretically I can lose 7 kg if I workout everyday of the
week. But it doesn't work that way in reality, after about 3 days my
body would've adjust and I'll literally STOP losing weight. So I just
stick to 1 kg per week.

by the way I'm 30 yrs old, 5'10" tall, and currently 77 kg. My target
weight is 69 kg, my favorite number.

Thunder...@dsemail.net

Jan 29, 2003, 12:56:08 PM1/29/03
On 28 Jan 2003 19:12:18 -0800, joseph.r...@baesystems.com
(Joseph) wrote:

Though this person has some good points, he's mistaken on others.
1000 grams of fat is equal to 9000 calories and an average diet of
2000 calories per day may contain something like 60 grams of fat.

At 86 kg (190 lbs/2.2) and assuming a fast swim burns 0.156
Kcal/min/kg

(see
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=3cv777%248ql%40newsbf01.news.aol.com&rnum=6&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26q%3Dexercise%2Bcalories%2B)

You get 86 * 60 min * 0.156 = 805 calories per hour. If that was all
fat (which it isn't) that would be about 90 grams of fat.

50% is exercise and 50% is diet. Both must be managed. If you only
change your diet then your body will tend to adjust its metabolism
down thus maintaining your weight. The single most important thing
for the former is to change your lifestyle to incorporate exercise as
a way of life, and this including resistance training (ie weight
lifting) to increase your body metabolism.

This includes lifestyle changes that promote proper rest between
training (you can do weight training as much as every other day, and
cardio can be done as much as every day). Also lifestyle changes that
include regular exercise.

Note: if you hate doing exercise then you are doing it wrong...
probably pushing yourself too hard. Most aerobics classes will push
beginners too hard. You need to monitor your aerobic level according
to your heart rate, and monitor your weight training according to your
own stress level (for the discomfort during the exercise and the
soreness afterwards). Gain without pain is key to continuing exercise
because the reason that people stick with exercise is because they
feel good immediately afterwards, thus creating a mild addiction to
the endorphins. It may take you a few weeks preparation to get to
this level but that should be the goal... to start finding where you
leave exercise feeling good because of it. Better to start light and
easy and work your way up (systematically, so you see progress) rather
than do it too hard and give up.

Regards,
Thunder9

NOSPAM is antispam

Sandeep Tyagi

Feb 1, 2003, 5:27:05 PM2/1/03
Hi, I'm a new member, my name is sandeep and I'm an independent
distributor for a weight loss company called Herbalife, they have a
fantastic range of diet programmes, which can be tailored to each
person, whether they want to lose/gain or maintain weight. The best
thing of all is the products are naturally based, and wont leave you
feeling hungry.

My friend Jeff lost 28lbs in 8 weeks and lost four inches off his
waist, whilst his energy levels went through the roof. I myself used
the products to gain weight and improve my energy levels; both goals
have been achieved on this amazing diet.

If you are interested or want more information click on the following
link:
www.makeyourlife.co.uk

Dave H

Apr 1, 2003, 1:22:03 PM4/1/03
"Joseph" <joseph.r...@baesystems.com> wrote in message

I TRUELY love cat juggling, but its getting harder to find cats. They all
see me coming now and run away! Any suggestions?

dave h

Bob Garrison

Apr 1, 2003, 4:24:39 PM4/1/03

"Dave H" <davewhF*INGSP...@cox.net> wrote in message

Juggle pussies instead.

Dr. Dickie

Apr 2, 2003, 6:10:26 AM4/2/03

Small bits of tuna behind each ear, and half a can in
each shoe.
--
Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
Poking kooks with a pointy stick
"Let be be finale of seem.
The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream"
Wallace Stevens-1923