Ifit walking training programmes when on beta-blockers - any modifications advisable?

NY

Sep 6, 2021, 7:42:32 AM9/6/21
10 years ago I had a heart attack and cardiac arrest, and had one stent
fitted. An out-patient angiogram a few months afterwards showed no signs of
other cardiac arteries being restricted, even though this had been suspected
when I was originally admitted and had the stent fitted. I'm now on standard
heart attack medication for life which includes beta-blocker, statin and
aspirin. The beta-blocker is bisprolol, 1.25 mg/day.

I do not get any cardiac symptoms (eg angina chest pains), even during
exercise. The only chest pains I get are vague heaviness in my arms if I
hold them above my head (eg changing a light bulb) for a few minutes.
However the beta-blocker limits my pulse rate - even after a couple of
minutes of 3.5 mph walking on a treadmill (or on a real road) my heart rate
only goes up to about 75 beats/minute. My blood pressure is normal - I
forget the numbers, but no cause for alarm when I have annual health reviews
by my GP (family doctor).

Should I modify a typical treadmill walking workout from iFit, in terms of
shortening or slowing the maximum speed (which is typically around 3.2 to
3.5 mph, with maximum gradient of 5-10%). Or should I try to keep things as
normal as possible, and be limited only by normal lactic acid muscle pain -
and stop if I happen to get angina pains?